Love story: who did it better?

considering these love stories basically are identical, which one was more convincing in your opinion? what did we learn about the human condition when it comes to having feelings towards inanimate objects? who did the better sex scene?

HER was a negative portrayal

Blade Runner 2049 was a more progressive and positive look

Her for both and especially the sex scene
As numale as Jonze is the film felt much more authentic

I agree that Her has the edge. It is however a romantic movie though and through. Blade Runner hardly spends an equal amount of time around this theme.

Well Her did it first and obviously inspired 2049 so that's got to be said but having a masculine character dealing with loneliness in this way was a lot more hard hitting.

>HER
>Nu-male likes the girl for her "personality"
>Has the chance to fuck her, pussies out awkwardly
>Robot chick is a flagrent whore behind his back
>Disapears to Robo-heaven for no reason
>Nu-male still loves her and accepts his treatment

>Joi
>Qt as hell
>goes through with sex scene, pure kino
>Is totally loyal to K. even willing to risk her life for him
>Is destroyed by spiteful roastie
>Even after all that K. recognises she was just a worthless whore like all women

Its not even a competition

>>Qt as hell
This is what numale race traitors want you to believe
Watch as he'll fickle as he can't actually commit to the pure Sup Forums and Sup Forums ideals

>considering these love stories basically are identical, which one was more convincing in your opinion?
BR2049 without question.

>what did we learn about the human condition when it comes to having feelings towards inanimate objects?
That the fact that she is just a program doesn't matter if the interaction and actions are the same as a real human being.

>what did we learn about the human condition when it comes to having feelings towards inanimate objects?
Again, BR2049 without question. The sex scene in Her is executed far too quirky and distant to the viewer, while the sex scene in BR2049 is one of the most genuinely emotionally investing scenes of the entire film with a tasteful execution.

>towards inan
For me it's Her on all counts. It's a romantic movie though and has time to dove deeper in to the subject as some anons already pointed out. As far as to what we learned there's nothing too surprising in either movie. Love is an internal process and as long as you stimulate the subject in the correct way, anyone can fall in love with anything.

>That the fact that she is just a program doesn't matter if the interaction and actions are the same as a real human being.

Except in the end it did matter to K. that she wasn't real, thats why he sacrifices himself to help Deckard reunite with his actually alive daughter

you're right that it mattered to the story. it made K act selflessly. but do you think K felt his love was "fake" somehow? what if joy was a real girl, would he have sacrificed someone elses love for his own or is it in his nature to put others first?

Jo and Joi (notice how similar they are) have a dual story.

Joi becomes real to Jo, Jo wants to prove to Joi that he was as special as she said - both fulfill their arcs

Don't really remember much of her I just remember I hated it.
Only male lesbians would enjoy the movie that is my old review of it lol

Its spelt Joe, holyshit

So I'm a vowel off (just like Joe and Joi)

did you like bl2049 at all? did you think the love story was relevant in any way?

Her is awful. I tried to watch it 3 times and I couldn't finish it

Too much pathetic scenes

>but do you think K felt his love was "fake" somehow?

I think he felt it might have been the case when he was looking at her neon ad.
But what he realized was that even if he had no reason to be loyal to her anymore and even if she wasn't real the feelings he felt for her were definately real and he could stay loyal to those feelings in Deckard for his daughter.

More like he acted like Joi and basically said: "Fuck the system" and decided to help Deckard.

Joi didn't fuck the system though, she was designed to serve K. and that's what she did

Both films were way too long, and both of them had a shit ending. Honestly neither of them did anything better. I felt about the same after watching both of them; let down despite no initial expectation.

Go watch Thor.

i don't get how you could get disappointed if you didn't expect anything. definitely valid points otherwise.

Her did a remarkable job of portraying a failing relationship. Even without the scifi aspect it was really accurate.

I think you mean Superman.

BR2049, how is these even a question?

Designed or not designed, she felt quite real, faŠ¼, like a loyal doggo. Hope there will be 4h version, could see more scenes there.

Wouldn't he be happy with pleb runner 2049 then? its exactly the type of garbage thats making top of 2017 lists around here along with baby driver and wonder woman
or was this an attempt to pretend you have some sort of taste?

Haven't seen WW or Driver.

Not liking BR49 is instant reddit flag

this isn't true. only autistic fanboys of the original directors kinocut swallows bl2049 hook line and sinker.

>the phone sex scene
>tfw those are the only sex scenes I ever actually have

bl2049 pretty much ripped off the her sec scene frame by frame

nope

Ahahahahahah

Blade Runner did it better but it had the advantage of the relationship not being the main thing of the movie.

this is exactly why i believe the opposite is true.

yup. talk to real people who isn't a fan of the the original about the movie and you'll realize how right i am.

Fell asleep both times I tried to watch.
How fucking beta do you have to be.

Both movies are pretty garbage, you are right user.

Actually she did, she was the one that came up with the idea of destroying her manufacturers monitoring chip

>K-K-k-k-k-k

What did she mean by this? We're they listening to moon man in his car?

I wait with bated breath for the next moonman to use joi waifu sampling.

Her did it better because this Sup Forums guide tells me it's patrician. Blade Runner 2049 didn't even make it on this list.

when was this last updated?

This list is random as ever. Most of them good movies sure, but nothing special.