Magic School Bus Thread

Guess who's the new voice of Ms. Frizzle for the new Netflix revival?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/tv/news/kate-mckinnon-new-ms-frizzle-magic-school-bus-netflix-1201981671/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_School_Bus_(TV_series)#Reboot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aww shit. I spilled ma sauce.

variety.com/2017/tv/news/kate-mckinnon-new-ms-frizzle-magic-school-bus-netflix-1201981671/

color her head red, and she could play the part

Too young.

She's an alright VA and from what I can tell she's not a horrible person like Lena Dunham.

So why not, who cares.
Not like she made the movie shit. Shitty writers and executives did

She does really good impressions and I actually enjoy some of her snl skits.

This

Worried this reboot's gonna be poorly written though

She's probably the most talented female SNL's had in a long time.

>Netflix revival of Magic School Bus
When was this announced?

exactly, I hate how people confuse poor acting with poor directing and writing.

I don't mind as long as they keep the show fun and teach the viewers about science.

Last month.

It's been in the works since 2014 IIRC

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_School_Bus_(TV_series)#Reboot

>A new series was announced by Netflix and Scholastic Media titled The Magic School Bus 360°. The new iteration of the franchise features a modernized Ms. Frizzle and high-tech bus that stresses modern inventions such as robotics, wearables and camera technology. The hope is to captivate children's imaginations and motivate their interest in the sciences. It will be produced by 9 Story Media Group. It is scheduled to come out in 2017. Producer Stuart Stone, who voiced Ralphie in the original series, stated that The Magic School Bus 360° will feature some of the original voice actors in different roles.

Guess the next series after this one will be called The Magic School Bus One

she makes me moist

>high-tech bus

STOP! NO! IT'S THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS.

MAGIC.

AS IN, IT'S NOT REALLY HIGH TECH.

IT'S THE SORT OF MYTHICAL DEVICE THAT HAS DO ANYTHING BUTTONS AND SWITCHES THAT INSTANTLY MAKE THE WHOLE BUS SMALLER, NOT SHIT LIKE ROBOTS AND DRONES AND CAMERA TECHNOLOGY. IT'S A FUCKING MAGIC SCHOOL BUS. THE ENTIRE POINT IS TO BRING THINGS NOT USUALLY SEEN INTO TOUCHING RANGE, LIKE YOU KNOW, A FIELD TRIP.

WHO WROTE THIS SHIT? ARNOLD?
IT WAS ARNOLD WASN'T IT?

FUCKING GINGERS.

Better McKinnon than Wiig

>not accepting the idea that Ms. Frizzle is, in reality, a Time Lord. The bus itself was never magic, but highly advanced technology that could do whatever needed for the moment

But I guess sperging out over a non issue works too.

When science reaches a certain level of advancement, it transcends all known human perception of science and becomes inextricable from magic.

Maybe Ms. Frizzle is actually just a scientist from a dystopian future who travelled back in time to sate her mad pedolust in secrecy. Or maybe she's a Terminator.

Which kid is she here to kill?

Carrrrrrloossssssssssss

Go back to TV Tropes, autist.

I think you're missing the point of what I said. The Magic School Bus's entire theme was rather than go to a field trip to a museum where they learn about the topic indirectly, they go to the actual thing and learn about it directly. As bizarre as episodes where they transformed into animals and shit were, that was what you should strive for. The children should directly interact with what they are learning about. Not watch it from a safe distance, participate and experience.

Drones, cameras, and robots are all indirect. They are barriers.

Sure, if the topic of the day is to be literally drones and robots themselves, then sure. Have Arnold drive a remote control drone bus that's shrunken down or something, and everyone else learns about how the hardware of the Magic School Drone works from inside the damn thing. Maybe they get chased by a rat and have to repair it. Honey I Shrunk The Kids plot.

But do not give the Bus drones. Nobody wants to look at dinosaurs through a drone, they want to fucking pet one.

But can Science School Bus do THIS?

>Ms. Frizzle is, in reality, a Time Lord
As a Doctor Who fan, I'm actually kind of really glad it's rapidly fading back into obscurity.

The fandom it garnered was fucking awful, especially the autists who insisted every single fictional character was in reality a Time Lord or all Time Lords are quirky and interestingbecause me, being a supreme autist, I know that Time Lords are in reality the most boring race in the fucking universe, literally just like Marvel's Watchers, the Doctor is the Time Lord equivalent to a stoned out hippy traveling cross country in his beat up old van and there's a grand total of three Time Lords that are actually like him. He's the exception, not the rule.

>Doctor Who

That would be cool because then Liz would look like this.

>Nobody wants to look at dinosaurs through a drone, they want to fucking pet one.

Pic still relevant.

I always thought a "magic" schoolbus wasn't very fitting for the show. I understand they just need a way to go to impossible locations quickly and easily in a way children can understand, but that should be a non-issue now. The required technology to explore these impossible settings is currently conceivable if not already existing, through means of drones, quantum microscopes and computing, etc. and if all else fails simulations.

This, in my opinion, is the better alternative. Use science and technology to teach science and technology. A show that is meant to teach children science but relies on magic to send that message is just a little contradictory, even problematic.

I think she's the most talented person SNL has had in a long time period. She's the only good regular.

>Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
>Arthur C Clarke

Anyone got those production art sheets that only show 4 kids and tries calling Ralphie, the kid who's big identifying feature was the backwards cap, by the name "Arnold?"

At least she looks the part.

doctor who is fantasy, not scifi, bruv.

also dr who is plagued by bad writing and writing shit into a corner only to pull something out of its ass to get around it. BAD WOLF

Normies getting bored and leaving fandoms

Feels good man

>BAD WOLF

Everything Moffat introduce to the series was retarded bullshit.

Seconded. Her Conway impression is on-point.

She made Hillary feel more like a real human being than the real person did.

Anyone got the character models?

Literally who?

Kate McKinnon. A current cast member on SNL and one of the Fem Ghostbusters. She is also Squeeks the mouse on Nature Cat.