Injustice 2: Darkseid Is (A Pre-Order Bonus)

Injustice 2 Thread

Black Canary, Bane, Poison Ivy and an Arkham Asylum stage were all confirmed and Blue Beetle was added to the beta.

13 minutes of Black Canary footage: youtube.com/watch?v=bysYrTTSrVc

Pastebin: pastebin.com/V5wVHSY2

The stream is just about to start on the NetherRealm Twitch channel.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qf-qHKhReU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

get in here boyos

SECOND FOR HARLEY & IVY ARE ETERNAL

Jack Nicholson Joker skin, when?

PREORDER For Darkseid!

by the harley shirt i guess she's going to appear

Announce wave four you cucks

they didnt even confirm the lantern colour gear, the fucks

Answer my question you fucks. Will DLC get Premier Skins?

they basically did

I think the coy look was them basically confirming it. I'm sure Hal will have Yellow and Green gear at the very least. Probably Red too.

NO GEAR STATS ON RANKED CONFIRMED

FINALLY THE BITCHING CAN END

Great.

Thank fuck

good. but i hope they still show the equipment

Yeah, Gear will appear entirely as cosmetic in that

They confirmed that as well. The gear aesthetics will still show just the stat changes are turned off.

>implying it'll end

good now retards can stop bitching

Shittiest ship in comics

I dont know if it's fair battling a guy who has played for less than two weeks against a guy who probably has been playing since the firsts tests

The last guy nearly won. And I think the point is for the fans to try and test their skills against more advanced players.

What are they showing in the stream?

Right now they're playing matches in the beta against the folks currently playing it.

I don't like the attacking on the select screen

It looks dumb and I much prefer MKX's select screen

I like it because it's dumb. Seems like a logical extension of the MKX screen where they just taunted one another.

They did the same thing in MKX...

They didn't

Nah in MKX the two fighters just taunted each other and once everything was selected they walked off on opposite sides of the screen. This is them exchanging blows and then a transition to slow-motion

Is there any way darksied won't be ridiculously OP

Yes

You guys are right. They just taunted people. It's been a while since I played MKX,

Yes. Goro was pretty shit in MKX and he was the preorder DLC.

Well yeah it's a fighting game, canon power levels don't really affect things.

This.

Has the first Injustice taught us nothing?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qf-qHKhReU

The best one

Apparently not

I hope Darkseid has Granny Goodness gear. I want a wig for darkseid

Are we expecting anything new on this stream today?

>Granny Goodness
i hate her

Oh fuck I actually had never seen that one. That's amazing.

At this point not really. At most the reveal of new playable charcter on the beta like Grodd, WW, Aquaman, etc.

I don't think so. They said the February streams are mainly for them to test things and get back in to the groove to prepare for March and April where they'll be doing them way more frequently. This seems to be more of a test stream to play with players and answer a few questions while testing their stream set up. Though they might tell us about another character being added to the beta as more codes are sent out at the end.

It'll most likely be Harley

Someone never played the Budokai games.

they changed it a little

Supergirl is qt

>arale in BT3

My rectum still hasn't recovered

I'm not paying much attention to the fights. Have they said anything new or they are just fighting and commenting, like this was youtube?

black canary in beta

Black Canary will added to the beta in the next update

>Black Canary

Shit stream

was not expecting

Black Canary next beta update and next wave 4

confirmed that ranked mode will show cosmetic changes, but the stats are set to default

That's fucking it? I was expecting more, what a letdown

My stream fucked up. They said something about 10 codes for Beta or something like that?

>only 10 codes

sounds about right

No? They said they would sending out more codes soon but I don't think they gave a number.

I just heard them say the number 10 and didn't catch what they were referring to.

They answered my question on reddit.

Yay.

>I'm betting he's DLC. Boon said not to count him out as playable just because he's a stage transition.

thats boon saving his own ass. Hes just lying to your face

>He was on a poll too
and came in dead last

>and Boon implied that the characters featured on his polls thus far are locks

How did he imply this. Really i wanna know

How many gear slots are there again? Head, arms, torso, legs and another one which's different for every character right?

I want Superboy Prime as DLC.

I don't know if he implied that but it makes sense. After all the shit he got over the Power Girl poll last time I think he's probably setting up the polls in a way that he can't really lose. For instance that poll with Swamp Thing, Cold and Blue Beetle was all characters who are in. Or any poll with Red Hood in it will automatically be won by Jason so he's probably the first DLC.

As for the Starfire/Constantine/Manta one they're all obvious fan picks that are also conveniently enough good for movie/show synergy. Starfire has TTGO, Constantine's show seems to be coming back and Manta is the bad guy in the Aquaman movie which is coming next year while the game is still getting characters. And since Aquaman seems to be the only DC movie coming next year with only one character in this Manta and/or Mera make perfect sense as the "We need to please WB" choice.

>my main is being added to the beta

>mfw signed up for beta even though dont have ps4

if i get a code in wave 4 ill post it

Man it's pretty sad when you have to try to guarantee your sales by dangling things in front of players they can't have unless they pledge their allegiance to the game before they've even played it.

>Black Manta AND Mera
Stop, I can only get so hard.

>Liking Bland Canary

THE QUESTION WHEN? I want his banter with other fighters.

When hes a premier skin for Rorschach

>by dangling things in front of players they can't have unless they pledge their allegiance to the game before they've even played it.
eh not really? I mean they'll make him available for purchase separately later anyways so

He'll be a Superman skin at best.

I'll buy it for 5bucks senpai

>eh not really?

Explain how that's not what the case is.

you don't have to preorder to be able to play as Darkseid

Really? So I can pick up the game in May without preordering and play as Darkseid?

Yeah
you'll have to pay 5 bucks though

>thats boon saving his own ass. Hes just lying to your face
kek okay

>and came in dead last
They likely had it all planned out already though. Much like how the first poll with BB, Cold, and Doctor Fate had characters that we now know are already in the game. It was just more about who they were going to show off first. In the same way Manta will probably be held back till the third DLC pack.

>How did he imply this. Really i wanna know

It was either in the stream or in a tweet. I don't remember specifically where but I remember him saying it.

Sure but you have to buy him separately. That's how pre-order bonuses work, you offer something people want to get them to buy the game new instead of waiting a few weeks and getting it cheaper used. Games drop in price so quickly now that you pretty much have to do a good pre-order bonus to get people to get a game on release.

kek no you're not gonna be able to buy Darkseid in May you cucks.

and what proof do you have of that? Goro was purchasable in MKX just a few days after release, if it wasn't ON release.

When have you ever seen boon deconfirm a character thats not a joke character? The man cant do it cause he thinks itll effect sales. Manta is right there, in the stage transition, at E3. They've already made up their minds about Manta. Just say hes not in the game.

And hes not gonna be DLC just like Darkseid wasnt in the first cause putting in Manta would require more work than not cause they'd have to change the transition model.

you could buy goro in april with MKX. get fucked, retard

Goro was available immediately. A character isn't the same thing as a random skin, they can't really wait months and months to let everyone else get him since it's actually something important.

They don't have to change anything if they don't feel like it. Injustice is already established to cross over with other universes, they can just leave Manta as a transition if he does become playable and justify it as him being an alt universe version just like the dialogue in mirror matches does.

Cool prove Darkseid will be nigs.

And then prove preorder bonuses aren't just another nuGaming industry way of tricking retards into pledging their money to a game because "O-oh no Darkseid is a bonus for preorder I better get it so I can use him!" I've got a free (You) for the first person to do it.

What are you even arguing here? Of course pre-order bonuses exist to get people to buy a game new, that is the entire point. You need to give people a reason to do that because otherwise they can wait a week or two and buy it used or if it didn't sell well they can just buy it new because the price will have dropped. Doesn't matter if the game is good or not if people can save money by waiting a little they'll do it.

That's pretty nice of you, user

Hawkman. And I've seen him explicitly not acknowledge certain characters compared to others. And the ones he does acknowledge eventually make their way in. Like I said before Boon explicitly said him being a transition doesn't preclude him from being playable. He could have completely ignored those questions or straight up deconfirmed him.

>And hes not gonna be DLC just like Darkseid wasnt in the first cause putting in Manta would require more work than not cause they'd have to change the transition model.

Member when Martian Manhunter was part of a stage and then made it in as DLC? I member. Also they could just do a new model like they would any other DLC character. That specific argument doesn't hold up.

Martian Manhunter didn't interact with the characters like Manta does. Manhunter is fine cause they just have to make the model disappear and boom done. Manta actually hits them. NRS is a lazy company and they wouldnt put forth extra work like replacing the model in the transition.

If you're right and Manta is DLC ill happily eat my words like it was a buffet but till then I'm staying cynical about it.

>Supergirl has an ice breath attack

This is going to be some sub-zero style fuckery. What are you doing NRS

They don't have to remove Manta from the transition at all if they don't want to. They changed the Doomsday model to different costumes in the Fortress of Solitude stage rather than remove him. And since Manta if he gets added will have to have gear and a higher quality model he'll look different anyway. Your whole argument if predicated upon the idea that if Manta is added they absolutely have to change that stage transition when they don't have to at all.

no one wants to see this dribble.

and my argument is if Boon wanted to have Manta as a DLC character, why would he even bother using him a cameo in a transition?

Cameos in injustice should be Z-Listers like Kiteman, Dr. Domino or characters that wouldnt work like Mr. Myxptlk. Fisherman should've been the one in that transition. Not the arch nemesis of a character thats already on the roster.

if i get a code on my email, ill give it the person with the best argument for why zack snyder is the best director alive

uhh hes not?

hes kinda the opposite

Probably because they made that stage transition long before they decided who the DLC characters would be. We have no guarantee that Manta will make it in but him being the transition doesnt mean he can't or won't be. If WB wants him because of the movie or if fan demand is high enough like with MMH they aren't going to just not add him because of the stage.

No code for you bich

May is so damn far away. I cant stop watching videos.

Also is gear is player matches only I doubt I will ever really play ranked. Leave that to the tourney fags.

>mfw Darkseid's omega beams are fired straight again
though I'm willing to bet they'll be his trait (and with trajectory arcing of course)

>Boon says Wave 4 and Canary are coming
>Doesn't say when
>Im sitting here looking at my updates menu every so often checking for the moment when it hits