Castlevania animated series coming to netflix, Seasons 1 and 2 written by Warren Ellis

Castlevania animated series coming to netflix, Seasons 1 and 2 written by Warren Ellis.

Source:io9.gizmodo.com/netflix-has-announced-a-castlevania-tv-show-for-2017-1792131221

>Netflix has been holding an event today where it’s announcing the bulk of its upcoming programming slate. Nestled in the press release was this:

>Castlevania Season 1, Part 1 Coming to Netflix in 2017

>This is literally all we know for sure at the moment, but the project is likely the same one that’s been reported as being in development from Frederator Networks (Adventure Time) and producer Adi Shankar, who was behind that gritty Power Rangers short back in 2015.

Timeline of Ellis trying to get this off the ground:

2006:warrenellis.com/?p=3133

2007:web.archive.org/web/20070207140424/http://www.castlevaniadraculascurse.com/
web.archive.org/web/20071222035808/http://castlevaniadraculascurse.com/

2008:web.archive.org/web/20080825231130/http://castlevaniadraculascurse.com/2008/08/22/not-dead/

2015:polygon.com/2015/8/26/9212993/castlevania-animated-series-adi-shankar

And Adi's confirmation

Mite be cool

Pretty cool.

>grimp derp

What game will it follow?

Dunno, look back through ellis' pitches.

>it might actually be good
Holy shit

Welp, so much for that screenplay I was writing.

Anyway, might be cool.

Forgot the concept art, wonder if Fredarator can deliver on this.

I want LISA instead

>written by Warren Ellis
Delayed.

WHERE THE FUCK IS FELL

It's been delayed for over a decade already.

And it will take another decade for it to end.

>Castlevania
HELL YEAH
>Ellis
HELL NO

Is Ellis not good for this material?

Fuck, I wanted 2

Oh, shit Adi's the guy that Wrote Dredd and all those bootleg trailers and short movies. This guy has some legitimate talent.

This could be legitimately good, if season 2 or 3 is Curse of Darkness I might legitimately buy merchandise.

The only road bumps I see is that Adi's shit always gets cancelled and delayed and Frederator is garbage that can't animate itself out of a paper bag, much less animate in a timely manner.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT to play a shitty game

Symphony of the night

Ellis is simply unable to keep a deadline. He has many unfinished books.

That's too juicy to not to save for a season 3.

He already did the writing if I am reading right

But all the episodes? If he didn't, don't expect him to finish the job.

Ellis is fine, as you said he's been attached for a long while, but why couldn't the Voltron guys animate?

Can't disassociate Frederator with Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors and it really clashes.

I highly doubt it'll come out looking like Adventure time and I'm also pretty sure they'll outsource a bit to Mir and/or Titmouse.

>he doesn't want to put dracula back together because it's a terrible night for a curse

Yeah, early Castlevanias weren't exactly the best platformers.

>first good vidya adaptation

The cartoons were generally alright. It's really the movies that suck

So this is what Ellis had been writing between unexplained delays.

and a King Arthur script for Guy Ritchie totally unrelated to that film out in a few months

I think I might have asked him about it on scans_daily

>Guy Ritchie

Netflix won't fund a project unless all of the scripts are fully complete

>the day someone managed to have Ellis finish a job
If only comic publishers were this good.

It's Dracula's Curse (Castlevania 3).
Shankar said that if the series is a hit, then seasons will be made to cover the 1st game and Dracula X.

Because he had 10 years to finish it

Remember when James Wan was attached to a movie? It might have been with the Ellis script. So that means Ellis probably expanded his script to miniseries instead of feature length.

Most importantly I wonder if he played the games. Though he did GI Joe Absolute without knowing what GI Joe was, and it was alright,

Are action cartoons making a comeback Sup Forums? Is it finally time?

Circle of the Moon

Only Simon's quest was bad. 1 and 3 were great unless you were a faggot who didn't know how to read your enemy

Well my interest in this just went up several notches

You know goddamn well that LISA is too fucked up to get on TV.

>yfw the 7th episode just abruptly ends halfway through and we never hear from it again
>2 weeks later Ellis tweets about his liver

They better use the games' music. If there's one gripe I have with VLD, the theme has yet to appear.

Is it based on the old series or lords of shadow series?

Season 2 will be Season 1 but upside down.

Old Series. Castlevania 3

The Ellis pitch looked awful back in the day.

If this is a hit, will Konami make games that aren't EROTIC VIOLENCE slot machines again?

Is the classic timeline too crowded for more games in it? Should they just go for an Ultimate universe-style reboot (as in not throwing everything out like Lords of Shadow)?

They're already capitalizing on classic games again with Super Bomberman R. I can see it happening.

I'm a bat
I'm a bat
I'm a bat
I'm a bat

Fuck, there goes Wildstorm out the window.

>Warren Ellis.

I didn't thought he liked videogames.

If Adi's backing it then I'm sure it'll be good.

The only video game-based Western cartoon I can think of that was legitimately good was Earthworm Jim.

WHEN'S SOMA____

Sounds cool

You lost me at "Netflix"

Expect low budget Bojack-tier flash animation.

Awesome. Starting off with Trevor.

Nice meme.

FUCK.
I forgot this was happening.
Is it still happening?
I saw Warren at a book signing recently and didn't even remember it to ask.

Holy shit. James Jean. Nice. Almost similar to Japan's Ayami Kojima.

Too fucking bad Konami doesn't make fucking videogames anymore. Enjoy your tie in Castlevania pachinko machine and mobile tap "game".

What a miserable little pile of secrets.

I should play the original NES ones. Never did beat them. Only beat Symphony Of The Night and the GBA and DS ones.