Why do people try to rewrite history and claim that Lucas isn't the man behind the OT?

Why do people try to rewrite history and claim that Lucas isn't the man behind the OT?

He is responsible for the parts everyone remembers even from the ones he didn't direct. He wrote the "I am your father line" for Christ's sake".

Even if you don't like the PT, no one ever says "oh he lost his touch" like they do with Coppola, it's always muh saved in editing muh Kasdan, muh shaved rat who really came up with the story.

Fuck Mike Stoklasa and fuck you.

Also this was a response in the last thread
>His attempts at doing Star Wars on his own demonstrate that he was barely a footnote to the success of the OT.
Why are you guys so braindead? My question is WHY you think that instead of "he just lost his touch" like with Coppola.
Fuck this board is bad at reading.

bump

earlier generations got memed on + the prequels FUBAR'd his reputation

This man is a better director goys.

You made this thread yesterday and got proven wrong a thousand times over.
Let it go and stop being a fag.

>new hope was saved by his wife
>didn't even direct or write empire strikes back
>the last Jedi was fully his movie and it sucked
Lucas is a hack, the ultimate example of revisionist history is when people make Lucas out to be one of the best directors of his time when he's just a shitty guy that's only capable of making shlock

>You made this thread yesterday
yes
>and got proven wrong a thousand times over.
No. We both know that.

Stop trying to force this shitty pasta.

He's the Steve Jobs of the film industry.
There is no greater form of cuckery and lunacy than being a Lucas fanboy. I have absolutely no respect for people who worship that idiot.

Boy, you haven't heard the shit ideas he tried to put into Star Wars, did you?

Oh, this is a copypasta now?

I may have, give me some examples.

Except Jobs did a lot for tech. Tech doesn't just need engineers, they need good marketers too.

Do you like Empire Strikes Back? Because George fucking hated it. He constantly bitched at Kirschner and Kurtz and accused them of trying to sabotage him and ruin his movie. When he saw the final product, he hated it and tried to cut his own version of the movie.

>or write empire strikes back
Wrong. He wrote the script.

Also Kershner (while being allowed to do whatever he wanted shotwise) was working off Lucas's storyboards.

One of the things George disliked was how sluggish Hoth was, and I've always agreed.

No one claims that Lucas isn't the man behind the OT. The point is that during the OT, Lucas didn't have full 100% control over everything and constantly surrounded by yes-men like he did while making the prequels.

The issue is that even someone who's great at what they do can easily become a hack if they step out of the element and stop taking constructive criticism to help course-correct.

But he wasn't surrounded by "yes men", he was surrounded by other creatives with egos as big as himself.
The guy who created photoshop is not a yes man.

How many times are you going to make this thread? Lucas is a talentless, passionless hack, and it's a miracle the OT was possible despite his influence. He's a businessman, not an artist.

RLM are fucking morons, what else is new?

He had some great ideas but he didn't know how to edit.

His wife knew how to edit.

Then he divorced her.

That's literally all there is to the story. He came up with some great ideas and had a great cinematic vision. But when it came down to putting it all together he needed help.

>the OT was possible despite his influence
wew lad
I guess TFA proved that Kasdan really was the brains behind it all!

Can't imagine Lucas had a happier moment in his life than when he was looking at his bank account after he sold the franchise to his fellow hacks & businessmen over at Disney.

He donated the money.

>only sold it for 4 billion which Disney has already easily made back
the biggest loser is George selling the rights to is all for so cheaply.

/thread

It's pretty obvious that as Lucas gained more control over the production of Star Wars films the quality declined (prequels, Return of the Jedi)

I mean at the end of the day Lucas just wanted to do a homage to Buck Rogers' style space operas and sell toys to kids, everything else is just fanboys inventing fanciful justifications for his outsized reputation (DUDE HERO'S JOURNEY LMAO)

>everything else is just fanboys inventing fanciful justifications for his outsized reputation (DUDE HERO'S JOURNEY LMAO)
Him basing Star Was on Campbell is just a cold hard fact mate.

Read "The Secret History of Star Wars".
The entire premise of the book is to call George Lucas out as a liar, but after reading it I respected him a lot more as an artist.
Star Wars really is his baby.

But Lucas wrote and directed ANH. And chose the editors. Control.
also see

Got a rebuttal for either of these?

Based dot poster

Star Wars was the creative visionary behind everything that occurred.

I mean Lucas. Oh it's almost as if my brain was telling me Star Wars is Lucas.

And my brain isn't wrong.

there were people vetoing his idiocy, plus the memorable visuals weren't his idea or doing (ralph macquarrie and others)

>plus the memorable visuals weren't his idea or doing
But they literally were. Lucas gave McQuarrie instructions. C3PO's design was Lucas's idea. Everything about Vader besides the breather was Lucas, the Falcon design was Lucas, etc.

/thread

You should watch the prequels. It clearly shows how Lucas needs to be explained and corrected on almost every aspect of good film making. He is a good idea man but poor at writing, directing, editing and every other skill required for making movies.

>You should watch the prequels.
TPM has writing and directing on par with ANH.
Not saying it's good though.

Wrong. TPM was what A New Hope would of been if Lucas didn’t allow re-writes and his wife didn’t have complete control of the edits. Alec Guinness said he wouldn’t of done ANH unless a lot the dialogue was fixed and we all saw how ANH looked with George’s edits...it looked like TPM...poor.

>with George’s edits
But George wasn't the guy who did the first edit, dumbfuck.

Also Marcia didn't have complete control. She worked with two other editors, sho all answer to the director.

Because a bunch of underage faggots who didn't grow up with any culture never appreciated real movies. They now think garbage like the prequels were good. Lucas was the man behind everything, even when he wasn't directing. That's a fact.

>garbage like the prequels
Better than The Force Awakens at the VERY least.

RLM are a bunch of shills paid by Disney to talk shit about Lucas and praise their sequels. Just wait until The Last Jedi comes out so Mike and Jay can go full damage control again.

More like they are not insufferable faggots and know how to enjoy popcorn flicks instead of moaning about it for years like NEETs on Sup Forums

>But Lucas wrote and directed ANH

His script was rewritten by many other people. Wilard Hyuck and Gloria Katz rewrote virtually all of the dialogue.

No he didn't. Leigh Brackett did the rough draft and Lawrence Kasdan wrote the actual shooting script. George only got a "Story by" credit, which means he had a vague story outline

they hated Rogue One and liked TFA but acknowledged its flaws. If Disney is paying them they're wasting their money.

>posting the same thread the day after getting blown out
Called it yesterday, glad to be proven right.
This is just a troll thread. Move along.

But people before RLM were saying George wasn't the genius behind SW. He had great importance in it but it was so so so many things besides him

>they hated Rogue One and liked TFA
And they're right.

dot