Would Columbo have been able to catch and arrest Hannibal Lecter...

Would Columbo have been able to catch and arrest Hannibal Lecter? Would Lecter have been able to see through Columbo's disarming facade?

Yes, Columbro can solve anything, and another thing, and just one more thing

Hell fucking no. The only reason Columbo ever caught a single criminal was because they were normal. He caught them because they got anxious, or felt regret, or got agitated and let something slip. Against someone with an abnormal psychosis, he'd be as useful as you or I.

Columbo would eat that motherfucker

Yes, and yes. Columbo would have been smart enough to not attempt to arrest Lecter by himself, he'd have set up a trap that incriminates Hannibal and simultaneously assured there were enough men around to restrain him.

Lecter would see through Columbo instantly as he always plays his cards right off the bat.

"uhh, I don't really know what I'm doing here. could you explain it, in your own words for me please? I'm totally not going to use this as minor evidence to lead me to greater clues later."

Lecter would set up his own hoops for Columbo to jump through until he is eventually killed by one of Lecters friends for fun.

yes, he would have stumbled around pretending to be inspector clouseau for 40 minutes and right on the beat he would have shouted J'ACCUSE at a rich but socially unconvincing hannibal played by some second-rate character who would've withered under the intense pressure of his glass eye and confessed to everything, wrapping everything up in a neat little bow. god I hate columbo. how the fuck did this show ever aquire a reputation for "good writing"?

If fagface Ed Norton can catch Hannibal then I'm sure Columbo could. And he'd fuck Julianne Moore and turn Jodie Foster straight too

>fagface Ed Norton
kek

On a technical note, with all the cgi bollocks, couldn't they remaster the episodes of Columbo so his false eye looks real?

Colombo, the character, at one point says "Three eyes are better than one"
Colombo has a glass eye

>Would Columbo have been able to catch and arrest Hannibal Lecter?
unlikely given that Hannibal Lecter would have no second thoughts about murdering him to escape. Columbo relies on trapping criminals in their own web of lies and Lecter doesn't even bother to lie. it's not a good match.

>Would Lecter have been able to see through Columbo's disarming facade?
i doubt it because Lecter is too full of himself. he would read him as being a fool who was beneath him and would want to believe this.

Aside from being handcuffed by Starling, was Lecter outsmarted, in the movie, tv series, or books? I got the impression he allowed himself to be caught by Verger.

I never understood why they never made a Columbo remake

what about this guy? he could bore them to death talking about how he has no fucking ego

Probably because it would flop. More valuable properties have, and Hollywood is gradually learning the lesson that not all recognizable brands can get a new movie and succeed.

because Columbo = Peter Falk. it was a perfect show, it ended, it could never be re-created.

THIS

I don;t know about that but Jessica Fletcher would make short work of him

Would Columbo play his cards off the bat with someone as smart as Lecter?
Is there any episode or movie of Columbo where he goes against a very smart murderer and actually struggles to catch him?

When has Columbo ever not caught the bad guy?

>Is there any episode or movie of Columbo where he goes against a very smart murderer and actually struggles to catch him?
yes there were a couple of episodes like that. a few times Columbo has lost his cool as well.

he always caught them every single time.

>doubting Columbo

Many a fool have tried. All have failed.

>Yes there were a couple of episodes like that. a few times Columbo has lost his cool as well.
Could you mention any such episode that you really liked?
When they showed Columbo in syndication where I live I got the chance to see only a few episodes, but he never lost his cool. I really liked it. Wish they showed more.

in the pilot episode he does. i don't remember which other ones. but i recommend watching them all desu. i've seen every episode at least twice.