Ah ha ha ha

>'Thor: Ragnarok' composer acknowledges Marvel scores all sound the same, "like musical wallpaper"
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thor-ragnarok-composer-acknowledges-marvel-scores-sound-same-1054503

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ac4xamCIgY,
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_DSq-LhOyU.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
youtu.be/lnNwMiOWDM0
youtube.com/watch?v=TXr9oSqhbuI
youtube.com/watch?v=i0-dQzF5noU
youtube.com/watch?v=qrXwAeJ87Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=tW2qLBU5cAM
youtube.com/watch?v=D5lmDMcmW6c
youtube.com/watch?v=Bd6F2UOjOI8
youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M
youtube.com/watch?v=zcUxET8isJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Guardians of the Galaxy = reddit memes
>Thor Ragnarok = kino pulp adventure

Cavill trashing the DCE is more embarrassing than this.

>dude "trashes" two, maybe three movies
>dude trashes the muzak of a twenty-film McFranchise

Yeah, clearly.

Two or three movies is most of the DCE, at least their biggest ventures.

I grew up with Marvel and DC and was never a fanboy of one over the other. I loved both universes for different reasons.

But these days it's like, Marvel comics = sjw trash while Marvel movies are outperforming most superhero movies and on the flipside it's DC comics = some of the best mainline comics going on right now while DC movies are in a state of chaos and life or death maimings.

>while DC movies are in a state of chaos
BvS ending on a tie with Marvel's own BvS and Wonder Woman beating Civil War in domestic is chaos?

Then MCU must be a figurative Somalia.

Why would he say that about his own work

Well it's well known that Marvel is all around trash and that's why they need a 24/7/365 shill campaign.

There's no standout memorable themes at all though. There's nothing that stands out like Elfman's Spiderman theme youtube.com/watch?v=0Ac4xamCIgY, or Zimmer's Batman, youtube.com/watch?v=Z_DSq-LhOyU.

It's all shit.

>box office money

user, you know what you did wrong there.

I'm referring to story, characters, writing and enjoyability.

DC is a mess in it's current state, except Wonder Woman but that's one movie. I'm not saying they can't recover but really now.

>referring to story, characters, writing and enjoyability.
All of which are trash over at Marvlel

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you were a biased DC fanatic. I thought I was having a conversation with someone who can look at things from both sides of the fence.

Anyone else here grow up with both and loved both?

It's working though. They make hundreds of millions every time.

>I'm referring to story, characters, writing and enjoyability
Fucking finally. I'm tired to death of Marvel's childish plots and actions with zero consequences but quips.

Please tell me how Call of Duty is a great game because it sells so many copies. Or how Avatar is the best movie ever made

Please tell me how MCU is in "better shape" than DCEU when BvS alone has more worldbuilding than 15 MCU movies combined.

No matter how hard DC crashes from here on out, BvS will always be there to be the best film in the genre since TDK.

oh boy here we go. a thread full of anons regurgitating tony zhou's video while trying to re-word it enough that it sounds like their own opinion, what fun.

Repeat after me:
>these
>movies
>are
>for
>children

of course they have no fucking weight or consequence, you abject fucking imbecile.

And don't take this as an endorsement of DC's pile of tripe. At least marvel understands that what it's making is based off a medium designed for people under the age of 15. DC seems to think you can vomit pseudophilosophy and add a film-grain filter and suddenly it's "art".

Comic books are for children. They have simple characters with really no depth and simple themes and the rules of the worlds they build are such that it's next-to-impossible to build anything remotely intelligent or """""deep""""" on that foundation.

Alan Moore managed it twice. Frank Miller managed it *maybe* once. Whoever Warner Bros or Disney's most recent director-for-hire is, is not going to manage it, period.

At least Marvel appears to realise that.

>Please tell me how MCU is in "better shape" than DCEU
Well, the MCU isn't copying the DCU.

DC however...

that picture is the sort of thing I wrote in my english literature criticism classes when I was 15.

If you think that's remotely intelligent then I pray you are underage, because if not, you're too far gone.

Don't pretend you know shit about comics. Thor Ragnarok is a fucking joke compared to the comic.

BvS being loosely based on The Dark Knight Returns, Peace on Earth and Death of Superman was always going to be a more serious film considering the source material.

Just admit it, the MCU has turned the genre into fucking Teletubbies. The Raimi Spider-Man films were 10 times as faithful and mature than the shitty Turdcoming.

Great post! Especially how you managed to shit out so many words without a single real argument.

>Well, the MCU isn't copying the DCU.
Tell that to Captain Marvel being forced into Infinity Wars because of WW.

Thats because the trilogies take the first main theme and remix it throughout their solo flicks you dumb fat cunt.

>while DC movies are in a state of chaos and life or death maimings.
You’re overblowing the situation. Despite what critics and anonymous would have you think, the current DC movies are doing fine financially and also have a significant fanbase.

every hans zimmer score since Crimson Tide has been the same

>"trashing the music"

literally irrelevant, like the MCU soundtrack

>BvS ending on a tie with Marvel's own BvS
>Civil War: $1.153 billion
>BvS: $873.3 million

Bullshit. Compare the Interstellar score to TDK. Nothing alike at all.

On another note, "Time" has 100m views on Youtube. Zimmer is the most influential composer of our generation.

? She was announced way back and some people were expecting her in Civil War even

Homecoming you idiot. The film starring Marvel's two biggest superheroes ever.

Bland music

Bland cinematography

Bland special effects

Bland dialogue

Bland universe

What's the point of MCU even? Atleast with Transformers there's a new hot girl for every new one.

>literally irrelevant, like the MCU soundtrack
Totally true for me, I can't even recall a single marvel music theme.

they love seeing super heroes from comics they've never read on the big screen

>Thor Ragnarok = kino pulp adventure

If I listened to either one of these in a blind test, I would have honestly said the first was from a Superman movie and the second was from Pirates of the Caribbean. These themes are not good examples of originality within the superhero movie world

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

This might be a better example

And what's the point of seeing superheroes in TV show-like films that strip all magic out of those superheroes?

Just compare Raimi's Spidey and pre-Disney Iron Man to post-Disney version of those characters. Night and day. All visual and character appeal lost when you push superheroes through the Disney assembly line.

The MCU is garbage. I wish Fox had acquired Marvel instead. Disney has killed Marvel and we're now watching the zombie version of it.

i dont really know why they keep the MCU so bland

i guess they feel thats the "style" they have to stay true to.

>tfw nothing in future DC films will send the same chills down your spine as the Day of the Dead scene

youtu.be/lnNwMiOWDM0

the amount of autistic coping in here...
if you can't enjoy a marvel movie, you're a verifiable a sperg. especially if your opinion hinges on the quality scores written for what are clearly intended as popcorn flicks for a general audience

Homecoming made more on almost half the budget

except nobody really actually really gives a fuck about the music in movies

POOPY XD

BIG POOPY POOP XD XD XD

doubly confirmed
/thread

Are we talking profit or popularity here? If you want to play the profit game, Sony made ZERO (0) bucks on merchandise.

Good. Fuck Sony

It's true, but that's mostly because the films themselves are forgettable and you don't have the association between scene and music in your head.

A lot of the Marvel films actually have good scores, if you just listen to them independently of the film.

youtube.com/watch?v=TXr9oSqhbuI

youtube.com/watch?v=i0-dQzF5noU

youtube.com/watch?v=qrXwAeJ87Bk

youtube.com/watch?v=tW2qLBU5cAM

youtube.com/watch?v=D5lmDMcmW6c

youtube.com/watch?v=Bd6F2UOjOI8

youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M

youtube.com/watch?v=zcUxET8isJM

Also, modern Hans Zimmer is shit and should never touch a superhero film score

Zimmer peaked with BvS though. That's a 10/10 score I listen almost daily to.

>Well, the MCU isn't copying the DCU.
*breathes in*

Ah, so you missed the rest of the movie then.

Posting this just for (you) buddy

Ripping off Snyder is embarrassing enough for me to skip it, you see

He peaked in 1991 with Crimson Tide, and other than Sherlock Holmes and maybe the Kung Fu Panda films, he's been mediocre to garbage since then

Bullshit. Interstellar, Inception, TDK and BvS are all good scores. MoS was slightly too busy for my taste.