Is the rapid degradation of western culture and the rapid degradation of western art related?

Is the rapid degradation of western culture and the rapid degradation of western art related?
How so?

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/9908609
archiveofourown.org/works/9908669
youtube.com/watch?v=PLVnx9R7LrA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The "Before" isn't any better OP

The only good looking Scooby Doo aesthetically speaking was the original.

This.

Please! Fuck off!

If you actually think After is superior with it's banal colors, lazy ass computer animation and steril movements lacking of any hand drawn qualities, gas yourself immediately.

I blame Seth McFarland for the ugly banal aesthetic of everything animated now a days.

Then make your own cartons you stupid fucking faggots

Thin Velma is a crime

>american cartoon
>ever been art outside of high budget movies

They're equally garbage

>I blame Seth McFarland for the ugly banal aesthetic of everything animated now a days
please educate yourself

Actually the problem is computer animation/flash

This is fake news.

archiveofourown.org/works/9908609

archiveofourown.org/works/9908669 (futa)

Pup named Scoob was kino

The straight-to-video movies that the Japs animated looked pretty good.

Every year at NYCC there are at least 4 Velmas, and they all make my dick do things.

Zombie Island looks great. Not sure about the others.

This guy gets it

>Is the rapid degradation of western culture and the rapid degradation of western art
Yes, that is clearly what it is.

>Take beloved cartoon
>Apply shitty McFarlane style to it
>Joinks Scooby, Freddy got KEKED jokes
>Kids watch it anyway because its by their beloved Family guy maker
>You don't get it grandpa, insulting everything and calling everybody a cuck is what we do!
>this is our generation! cuckcuckcuckherpesandcheating
>some user will reply with an insult
>he's part of that generation

So glad his Flintstones thing didn't go through.

>ah yes i see it all so clearly now, the jews must be behind why my scooby doo show looks bad!
when a Sup Forumsfag goes on Sup Forums too long

Witch's Ghost was pretty kino, too.

Daphne improved.

>leave kino to shaggy

youtube.com/watch?v=PLVnx9R7LrA

>Before

We've reached that moment in time where people think that the remake is the original one.

It's The Mummy 1999 all over again.

Are you a Homosapiens? It says before , not original.

>Please! Fuck off!

*reees autistically*

>dis nigga never seen pup named scooby doo

honestly pup is superior to the original. pup invented all the characterizations that carried into the new versions and live action movies.

the before has shadows, the new one is flat lighting

The top is miles better. The bottom looks like a Family Guy skit.

>underated post
trips don't lie

>Remember the time I solved that mystery with the Scooby gang and Scooby had sex with Fred and then he got the same warts as Shaggy and then the mystery turned out to be that Shaggy and Scooby fuck all the time.

Someone kill Seth McFarlane already before he ruins more cartoons.

fred's face is pretty hilariously bad in the before even if they did put more effort into the lighting and crap

t. Nostalgiafag
All of the Hannah-Barbera crap of the 70s look like shit.

Honestly, what the fuck is up with western animation in this age? It all looks so shit. Does nobody have standards anymore?

also, in regards to that god damn keyboard and this weirdly recurring thing in animation with horribly drawn keyboards... why?! cartoons have been made on computers for years now, just fucking look down and you'll see that what you just made is nowhere near resembling a keyboard

>le "original is always da bestest" meme again
Everyone knows scooby doo on zombie island was the best.

they just don't make em like the used to brah

Velma > Daphne

She's a thicc shortstack nerd and always wears frumpy clothing, like she shows her body is better than Daphne's but never flaunts it.

Who switched the Scooby snacks with percs?

Is it me or do all the kids TV shows now have this same art style?

>characters look exaggeratedly wonky
>minimal shading
>just basic hues almost neon

They all have this style.

What about this?

This is probably due to copying Adventure Time or some other shitty popular cartoon

>from zombie island wikipedia
>Casey Kasem did not reprise his role as Shaggy Rogers due to him only voicing Shaggy if the character is a vegetarian like he is himself

i want to mail a piece of paper that says (You) on it in 200 point font to whoever drew that shaggy character model lol

only numales prefer Velma, the kind of people that browses Sup Forums

they look about as on-par with zombie island, but it's the only good one in terms of plot.

A lot of companies now animate with flash.

What a cuck. My favorite shaggy voice is the guy that played him in the live action movies

>15

the fuck? They're all in their 20s right?

also almost all of them have copy paste eyes. it's so lazy

>futa on male
time for some kino

Zombie Island was the peak of Scooby Doo in every way.

>Dislikes: being so young
if only she knew how bad it gets

>Adventure Time
>shitty

He's been voicing Shaggy in the cartoons for a while now.

I'm a fag who still loves AT but the art style is mediocre at best, the character designs are all pretty unremarkable. Cool backgrounds though.

Main deal is that it being such a thing led to lots of other 2010+ cartoons looking like it, and others who didn't like Motorcity and Tron didn't last long. AT would be fine if the cartoons around it had unique art styles of their own but that isn't really the case.

I formulated it wrong, I wasn't saying AT is shitty, but that there are some other shitty cartoons that copied it.

Why do modern cartoons not know what lighting/shadows are?

>bot liking AT's art style
>blaming AT for how shitty other cartoons are around it

>cartoons for children
>art
Fuck off back to Sup Forums manchild. You'd be the last person to know what art is.

both styles look like shit in their own special way, original is all that matters

*not

AT's art style isn't bad but I certainly don't think it's good, it's very whatever.
And I can't blame AT for what cartoons after it did, but the fault still lies with it man.

>cartoons for children can't be art
-Gravity Falls
-Over the Garden Wall
-Legend of Korra
-Adventure Time
-Samurai Jack S5

Daphne was a huge cutie in Mystery Incorporated

>And I can't blame AT for what cartoons after it did, but the fault still lies with it man.
This makes no sense.

>Adventure Time
>art

spotted the child

>The only good looking Scooby Doo aesthetically speaking was the original.
>being this blinded by nostalgia

>Legend of Whorra
Yeah, no

You gokng to shill your channel again? Korra has fantastic artwork in it.

Oh wow, good one. You sure showed me. It's almost like art is subjective.

/thread

It really is a shame. You look back at the old warner bros or hanna barbara cartoons and there's tons of detail and care put into them. At worst they'd reused stock background scrolling. Now everything is low-effort garbage.

>I blame Seth McFarland for the ugly banal aesthetic of everything animated now a days.
I don't think it's fair to put all blame one one person/show because it's more to do with newer technology making it easier to get away with this sort of thing. And besides, if we're going to play the game of which cartoon started the low-effort trend, then you'd have to look at least as far back as the simpsons.

>art is subjective
but that's wrong and your opinion doesn't make your kid cartoons actual art

Didn't shaggy consistently eat big fat salami sandwiches all through the original Scooby?

>Americans will never be banned from Sup Forums

>current year
>Daphne not black
D R O P P E D

OP didn't say a word about jews you schizo

Capitalism at work

I like how you specifically used the only good scooby doo television series as the "before" instead of any of the ones which preceded it which are completely disposable garbage. Unless you're just ignoring the fact that the current version is cheap garbage because it won't see airtime on the Teen Titan's Go channel?

Hannah-barbara is just about as low quality as it gets

Whenever someone accuses you of being nostalgic, you can also point to animation to defend your point and how objectively shit it was after the war.

Art can only ever be subjective, I don't know what brainlet convinced you otherwise. Only people who are underage believe there is objectivity to art.

>Every single thing a human has ever touched is art
You have no right to call anyone else a brainlet

You're just dealing in semantics, things don't just become less art because you don't like them.

That's an autistic copout. If you keep with that shit we might as well stop all critics and remove all discussion.

>i can call things art because that's my subjective opinion, but you can't call things not art in your subjective opinion

holy fuck this is gay

You're retarded, you can have art criticism without resulting to bullshit like "art can have a metric" of objectivity. It's the definition of brainlet.

>Art can only ever be subjective

No. Art is objective, in that we can classify what constitutes the medium of art -- ex: painting, sculpture, etc.

What art is NOT is "I like it, therefore it's good [art]."

The subjectivity of art is if it's good art or bad art or mediocre art. However, art is art. Good art is art; bad art is art; mediocre art is art.

Right, the opposite of a thing doesn't just become valid. You don't know what objective or subjective mean. You really are stupid.

But it's used so frequently when brainlets drop it and claim you can't criticise something. There is a fucking unit of 'good' obviously but there are good films and bad films.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about and you are frustratingly naive.

if art was subjective - why teach it? why learn objective guidelines that demonstrate a baseline understand of constructing art? it's all subjective after all.

me filming my penis for 12 hours could engage someone just as much as The Godfather.

Why can't you understand that "good" and "bad" art/film or whatever is subjective to the audience experiencing the thing.

There's no way she's 15. They drive around in a van for fucks sake. unless Fred is the creepy 20-something that hangs out with highschoolers

>You look back at the old warner bros or hanna barbara cartoons and there's tons of detail and care put into them. At worst they'd reused stock background scrolling. Now everything is low-effort garbage.

If this isn't a troll then you're the most nostalgia blinded person I've ever seen.

>4'9"

yassss spinners

Okay so lets drop all criticism and stop discussion.