All New Wolverine #17

Guest Starring Gambit And Young Jean you're gay Grey.

Other urls found in this thread:

unxannyrewrites.tumblr.com/post/156003344353/be-sure-to-check-out-the-feature-film-coming-out
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WOH MY GOD
WHO
THE HELL
CAWES

W/OLVERI/NE

well, I'll always read some gambit

This

Poetry

The end. Thanks for reading.

Black Widow #11

Did... did they just actually, finally, really REALLY get rid of Trigger Scent as a plot device?

Oh please please please, let this be actually a thing and not snatched away from us in the next chapter

>Did... did they just actually, finally, really REALLY get rid of Trigger Scent as a plot device?
I hope

> xavier and emma around forever when laura joined up
> couldn't remove trigger programming in a split-second because reasons
> suddenly muh young jean can
my jimmies are all over the floor

Wait, couldn't Xavier have fixed this with mindfuckery if mindfuckery could have cured Laura of her trigger scent?

Is Nick Fury flying in this page?

>because reasons

Maybe it's something like Emma couldn't remove the programming directly, but Jean and Gabby helped Laura find the inner strength to overcome it? Or something else saccharine like that?

She DID overcome the programming once on her own before during that thing in Paris with Jubes.

I think.

Or maybe Young Jean doesn't give a fuck about pulling some deeply woven memory out of Laura's head.

I guess it's because they actually went into her mind during the trigger rather than in her normal state. Made it possible to actually fuck with the trigger in her head.

This

>Laura no longer remembers her mom reading to her
>becomes emotionally cold and distant toward Gabby because she can no longer relate to her as a surrogate daughter
>this leads to the eventual falling out between Laura and Gabby that led to them killing each other, as Old Logan talked about

If only. But nah they wouldn't have the balls to do this

I bloody hope so. Trigger scent increases the idiocy of the passive victim narrative that makes Laura and Logan's origins so incredibly boring.

or no, alternatively:
>Laura no longer remembers her mom reading to her
>learns through others later that the memory was removed by Jean
>becomes resentful toward Gambit, Gabby, Warren, and Jean for robbing her of her only comforting childhood memory
>feels betrayed by her only friends and detaches completely from her support structure and other humanizing influences
>eventually becomes a full-on psychopath like Kimura and commits horrible crimes
>Gabby has to put Laura down like a rabid dog and then an heroes for her role in turning Laura into a monster
>last page shows Old Man Logan knocking down Gabby's tombstone

Maybe as a What If...? tale?

Thank you!

>"Stay out of my head, Jean."

Laura, you might as well ask a waterfall not to fall. Ask the sun not to rise. Ask a bird not to fly. Fucking with peoples' heads and invading their privacy is literally who Jean IS.

>OP says Jean is in the comic
>spoilers on anyway

Preacher user, you're losing your touch!

DID SOMEONE SAY "SEX RIGHT NOW???"

>OOOH YEAH!!

oh god my sides

You Welcome user.

>Preacher user, you're losing your touch!
Clone Saga is driving me crazy.

Context!

unxannyrewrites.tumblr.com/post/156003344353/be-sure-to-check-out-the-feature-film-coming-out

thank fuck they finally got rid of the trigger scent. should have done this two years ago

Nice variant. Symbiotic fags are gonna love it!

Thanks OP. Always enjoy a comic I don't have to pay for.

No kidding! Finally some plots that don't involve gratuitous sadism and passive victimhood being the main plot elements.

Damn, this was nicely done.
The Pinocchio narrative over Laura being freed from the forces that controlled her was a great touch for what is otherwise an almost pedestrian occurrence for 616.
Also Gabby geting stabbed and being utterly unconcerned about it is damn cool.
"Yeah, so I was mortally wounded by my big sis. Things went better than expected. I still have clothes left to have holes in."

Probably this. They had to get maximum invasive and didn't try to eliminate the programming but help her in breaking out on her own. It's still there, kinda. But it apparently isn't an absolute force but a traumatic conditioning that abuses a fear response of retreating into her unconscious. So they gave her a maximal incentive to fight back through her motherly protection instinct, and Jean went in deep to assist and coax her out by being the little shit she is, overcoming the fear response of Laura's consciousness by making her angry.
Xavier could never have been enough of a cunt to do this.

>Thanks OP. Always enjoy a comic I don't have to pay for.
This

He's doing the good ol' *teleports behind you*

And the "standing on air" technique. Fury is just a straight-up Bleach character in this comic, I guess.

He stands behind Angel on the open ramp.
The thing extends to the upper tip of the heck, meaning it's pretty long when swung down and extends pretty far out.
No idea how he snuck up ( maybe some corner to the side of the ramp), but he has at least a yard of ramp left behind him.
Which is still crazy dangerous, but possible.

Isn't Jean still in the room?

Wait, Kimura actually has similar tragic background like laura ? than why the fuck does she like to fuck around with laura so much ?

Fuck you, Fury.

I personally think this arc will going into the hero must give up the chance to have better life in order to do and protect people they love story type.

What will happen is that Laura is happy to be cure now but later Kimura capture her aunt and cousin and laura is force into goning berserk again so she can save them

I think she left.

because she has similar tragic background like laura

Because when she's tormenting Laura, she's not alone anymore. It's the greatest love story of all.

Guys... now that Trigger Scent is kill, what are the chances that Kimura herself doesn't survive this arc?

Granted, it's Marvel and god forbid we ever kill any recurring villian, but... there's just so many things around them that can take out Kimmy. She can fall in the water and drown. Gambit can stick his fingers in her mouth and charge her from the inside. Jean can psychically lobotomize her or give her a heart attack or stroke.

What are the chances, guys? Is it wrong of me to hope?

that nigger is not SGT FURY

Or Ultimate Fury

Cycle of abuse, user.

Emma went on record saying it wasn't possible.

It's nice that it's gone, but this comic still impresses me by how it leaves absolutely no impact on me even when interesting things are happening. The entire narrative moves too fast. Everything is resolved instantly and effortlessly. There is no stake, no threat, the big damocles sword of the trigger scent that's been terrorizing her since her creation has been taken away in a single one-off issue because Jean had half an hour free.
It's unsatisfying and weirdly unemotional.
As always it's not a terrible issue, but it's not a good one either.
This book fails to make me care for its protagonist and when even plots as fundamental to her character as this one fall flat, it just ends up making me feel indifferent.

Lastly, it feels like in terms of her personality, this book is only ever taking things away. It doesn't add new things to a character it just subtracts them and while the trigger was a terrible dumb-ass plot device, some of her other character traits that made her more unique are now lost with nothing in return save for a single supporting character and a pet. Both of which also just hang around and exist without leaving much of an impact.

bump

Another Edit.

Yes, Laura's reaction to Trigger Scent is entirely psychological. But I don't think he's actually had any alone time with her.

>This book fails to make me care for its protagonist and when even plots as fundamental to her character as this one fall flat, it just ends up making me feel indifferent.

This seems to be happening a lot with marvel and the legacy héroes.

lel no. What world do you live in?
This whole comic they're harping on about how the All-New Wolverine doesn't kill over and over
it'll be like the Deadpool scene, Laura will have Kimura at her mercy and wants to kill her but Warren will talk her down, you'll see
And then SHIELD will arrest her.

Xavier didn't have an hour to spare one day?

I still want the sauce of the last panel.

Artists name is SHADE.

What things is it subtracting?

Well, the following year House of M happened, which caused him to lose his powers. Then he got kicked out of the X-Men during Deadly Genesis, went to space to fight Vulcan and got his powers back, went back to Earth and got shot which put him in a coma, woke up with a little amnesia, went on a badass journey to reconnect with some people, got caught by Norman Osborn, then chilled on Utopia for a bit while Laura was mostly at the X-Force base.
Then he died from a case of Bendis during AvX.

He did, but he had no trigger scent to use on Laura to get into her head while raging out

>'I thought you said S.H.I.E.L.D. was powerless'
>'Powerless to HELP you, not punish you'

>because reasons
Character development.

The idea is that Laura wasn't emotionally\mentally\whatever mature\strong enough to overcome it back then, and now she is because she build relationships and shit

>Xavier could never have been enough of a cunt to do this.
!!!!!!

which story is this from ?

>you're gay

Damn Sup Forums and it's subliminal messages trying to turn me gay.

>Sup Forums and it's subliminal

from Bendis Uncanny Xmen #600.

What's the explanation for the bun?

some sort of meta commentary on how the artist draws everyone with a harelip?

Made me chuckle

Also Emma introduced herself to Laura by mindraping her with visions of her dead mother and Laura hated Emma and refused to let her into her mind after that.

If Emma tried to do some kind of therapy Laura would probably have flipped out even harder

>pivotal development in Laura's characterization
>featuring this garbage artist

Just look at this fucking monster face on Laura in What happened to her being a 3.14 cutie?

It's probably because Marcio Takara (the guy who did a lot of issues previously and made her QT too) left back to draw Laura's DC equivalent: Cassandra Cain.

Are you okay user

And Emma is known to be a self serving cow and likely wanted to keep a weapon on hand.

Nick Jr needs to go sit in the corner for a bit with the rest of the kids.