What is the film equivalent of this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r-FJyJjH6IE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decasia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Went over budget, almost didn't come out, and is a bunch of noise that together creates something beautiful and while attempted many times nobody has ever made anything truly like it?

On The Silver Globe

Overrated shit?

The Godfather

need to check that out
every time i've seen this thread people just say films that have shoegaze songs in them so nice job on giving a good answer

I hate Sup Forums so god damn much

pleb

the people there bait more than any other board, but you can get some great recommendations there

>the people there bait more than any other board
>he says while on Sup Forums

Melancholy yet hopeful, has an improvised/homemade feel, does a lot of weird exerimental shit but still has a kind of mass appeal pop sensitivity? From the 90s?

Chungking Express

there's more bait on Sup Forums desu

Literally lost in translation. the film's background score was primarily taken from the shoegaze genre and many tracks were from this album. similar themes too.

Lost in Translation

>Loveless
>has an improvised/homemade feel
nigga what

mumblecore shit

This, and not just because it features one of their songs either. That movie really is the film equivalent of the album.

Synecdoche, New York or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

What is the film equivalent of this album
serious question I love this album

bump please

dog star man

Would agree. Even the film is mumblecore shit, Loveless is the same. Love both the album and the film though

This is the truth.

Wow how'd you figure that out?

Office Space

Almost everything about this post wrong. You nailed the 90s part tho.

Whats the film equivalent of this album?

Wow, it's almost as if Kevin Shields created the OST!

Is this the one with the I Love Little Girls song?

>many tracks were from this album

No just one. But Kevin Shields made four original tracks for it.

The production on this album is mind boggling.

Sounds like they recorded every instrument with a mic placed underneath the snare drum.

Overrated meme shit?
The thing

Still waiting for the TRUE release from Mondo.

stfu cunt

fuck off

What's the equivalent of DIRT?

Requiem for a Dream?

Imagine being Kevin recording Loveless and having to be all like "damn, Bilinda, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your gummy smile and horrific weird monotone voice. I would totally make an influential album with you, both my musical persona and the real me." when all he really wants to record another dozen vacuum cleaners. Like seriously imagine having to be Kevin and not only sit in that recording studio while Bilinda Butcher flaunts her disgusting voice in front of you, the guitar fuzz barely concealing her lack of key and lisp, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected those few lines. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking pipes but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, BILINDA BUTCHER SOUNDS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and listen to her mannish fucking Dianna Troi voice contort into types of sounds you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been listening to nothing but a healthy diet of reverb and fuzz box effects for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Dublin. You've never even heard anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can hear the tinnitus that this recording process is going to give you begin to set in, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Kevin Shields. You're not going to lose your future reunion tour over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Wtf is wrong with you Bilinda was a qt

you realize normie tumblr fucks like this shit now?
kill yourself new fag

>yfw you'll never drop pure mdma with sofia coppola while cuddling and making out to every love and rockets album. Why even live a minute from now.

youtube.com/watch?v=r-FJyJjH6IE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decasia

The theme of loneliness is central to both Loveless and Lost in Translation

They even work together

Aesthetically and somewhat thematically: Chungking Express
Somewhat aesthetically, very much thematically, but mostly analogous in terms of role and accomplishment: Vertigo
Aesthetically and thematically: Persona

The Crow. It made goth metal aesthetics mainstream and helped give definition to Hot Topic edgecore.

I dunno. I could go over the list of hood movies but it'd have to have that Texas flavor. Does such a movie exist?

Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Danny Elfman and early Tim Burton, together with Pee Wee shared that distinct California flavor of spooky gothy but colorful New Wave aesthetic that the movie epitomizes.

River's Edge, probably. Or perhaps even more Drugstore Cowboy. Heaven Knows What a bit oo, but it is more fitting if the movie is 90s.

What about Jar of Flies?

You forgot to mention that they even literally used Something straight off of Loveless for one of the montages

I mean, I'd put any Alice in Chains album with those choices. The ideal criteria would be scuzzy, perhaps runaway young people with heroin addictions, preferably living in the Northwest.

Miami Vice. I tried making this exact thread once and a mod nuked it within 2 minutes.

I thought you were talking about Miami Vice until the end. Weird choice.

I guess you mean the Miami Vice film? I did really like it, and it is kind of based more around mood and energy - is kind of an 'ambient' movie. It's such a different aesthetic though. It's definitely kind of the equivalent of *some* moody drifty ambient album.

I'd put the pilot episode of the series easily up there with the movie, btw, and has a superior aesthetic. That again isn't quite Loveless though, but like THE paragon of that 80s pastel Miami cars and beach aesthetic, practically defined it. Although that probably makes it the equivalent of the Phil Collins album which hit song was featured, rather than some newer album biting off that style.

bump

it's sometimes ya dummy

tumblr likes the Godfather too?

kys contrarian 15 year old

Yep.

Enter The Void. But only if you watch it in Blu-Ray along with an adequate smoking device.

Bladerunner: 2049

I'm not even kidding, aesthetic wise it fits perfectly

maybe 5 years ago

Something vastly overrated, even though it's just okay? Shawshank Redemption.