Daredevil Storytime (Part 3)

Welcome back Anons! Last time, a Bendis OC villain tried to take over the Kingpin's territory, and it ended exactly as poorly as you'd expect. Let's see how long it takes for him to get wrecked.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/O5QIABD
youtu.be/Z2vMfatrLGU
recalledcomics.com/Elektra3Recalled.php
m.imgur.com/wetEkDz,97Y6nVm,EM2TgXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Given that he's in a position of authority in the FBI, I'm surprised he's whining like this. You'd expect him to talk with, you know, authority.

>Last time, a Bendis OC villain tried to take over the Kingpin's territory

I'm honestly surprised no one ever called him out over basically doing that SAME storyline over again with the Hood. Because seriously, they could be the same fucking guy.

Also, Texas user started storytiming Gru Cap, and man, the Hood was ALSO a worse version of the Serpent Society, too, which I'd previously mostly just caught the end of in my youth.

In short, fuck Bendis and his hackey bullshit.

So are we supposed to take this board to assume these guys think Spidey and Daredevil work for Fisk?

Based

Gru came up with better comic stories before he took his shower than Bendis has in his entire career. I firmly believe that.

>that last panel

Nobody say it. Resist the urge. I know you can do it, Anons.

Oh god, they're even aiming the guns sideways.

>"The Kingpin's own son. Pretty damn Shakespearean."

This would work better if the we didn't literally have a guy writing his own version of "The Tragedy of Julius Caesar" in the first issue.

So I haven't read anything other than New Super-Man today. What else was good?

The way they keep having people block the sign, I just want to know who's to the left of Spider-Man. The Punisher?

Red Sonja lots of cheese. Sad that BW is almost ending.

God damn it Bendis, Shakespeare is probably rolling in his grave right now.

Real bummed about BW being almost over. At least they'll get to finish the arc, maybe we'll get something else good at some point.

>Out
Whoa, DD's gay? Who'da thunk?

Wait, the fuck? Why is Bullseye listed with Daredevil and Spider-Man?

Pretty Much. The only marvel female book i was reading.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIS NECK?!

m.imgur.com/O5QIABD

The reason Kingpin just "left Daredevil ride all over him" was because the one time he actively used that information to ruin Matt's life, Born Again happened.

They're Marvel civilians, so yes.

Also, remember that Bendis made Iron Fist actually work for Ultimate Kingpin, because Bendis is a shitty writer.

I recall Bendis using the "SHIELD has classified X as a special case, so he's probably a superhero" thing in Ultimate Spider-Man too.

You've seen that outfit, X-user. He's practically wearing nothing at all.

Nothing at all.
Nothing at all.
Nothing at all.

In like 5 issues of Cap, Gru introduced Armadillo, Madcap, Flagsmasher, the Serpent Society, the Cap Hotline, Steve Rogers as the artist of Marvel Comics' Captain America, and laid groundwork for at least five more years of stories.

Bendis took 6 issues to adapt Spider-Man's 16 page origin story.

Continuity or Bust.

>Also, remember that Bendis made Iron Fist actually work for Ultimate Kingpin, because Bendis is a shitty writer.

And you wonder why I have no hope for his Defenders series.

Wait, Bendis isn't even having them make up some "realistic" thing for Elektra, he's just casually having characters mention that she usd to be dead?

The only defense I have for THAT particular instance of Bendis pacing is liking the dynamic between Uncle Ben and Peter, that's IT. Save flashbacks, you have a limited time to show Uncle Ben bonding, after all.

>And you wonder why I have no hope for his Defenders series.
I am Sorry user. that Life just ask Guardians fags youtu.be/Z2vMfatrLGU

>"I hope I am making it perfectly clear, this information stays in this room."

Goddammit.

You'd have a better case with movie DD and his bondage suit desu

>What else was good?

Foolkiller was pretty great.
Flash continues to have a strong Rogues arc.
That's all I've managed so far, more or less.
Had TV to watch. Legion was exactly the right kind of trippy.

It's hard to believe we once had Phyla-Vell and Adam Warlock on a cartoon, isn't it?

So someone's getting fired for this.

I totally Forgot Bendis Wrote elektra solo book with Chuck Austen as the artist. November 2001, Marvel Comics
Elektra appears nude in shadow in some fairly tame images. recalledcomics.com/Elektra3Recalled.php

Also The Owl.

True, but I kind of wanted to make a Simpsons reference.

>It's hard to believe we once had Phyla-Vell and Adam Warlock on a cartoon, isn't it?
Good times. And a decent Hank Pym adaptation.

>Had TV to watch. Legion was exactly the right kind of trippy.

That came out already?

I remember a Marvel guy (I think it was Bob Harras) saying that, for Marvel readers, reading Elektra was the closest they'd get to being with a woman.

I love trolling people as much as anyone else, but that's needlessly dickish to do to people who are buying your shit.

I forget, did Soule's book explain how nobody knows who Daredevil is yet?

Why does Foggy have a chauffeur? Is he really THAT rich?

I don't wonder.
I've been here the whole time. We've read the profane texts together, user.

I've been skimming some Bendis lately (I know, I know), and I've noticed he kind of has a penchant for characters crying at odd moments or just behaving overly emotional. I really don't get it.

I forget, when DID Foggy learn about Matt, anyway? I know he didn't know through Miller's run.

I used to read Naruto (I was young and stupid, shut up), so characters crying all the time doesn't even register anmore.

>I remember a Marvel guy (I think it was Bob Harras) saying that, for Marvel readers, reading Elektra was the closest they'd get to being with a woman.
Kek. m.imgur.com/wetEkDz,97Y6nVm,EM2TgXU

These first two panels are literally just

The fuck is going on with Foggy's face in panel 3?

Just remember, once we finish Daredevil, we're got a LONG time until we have to go back to Bendis.

Man, he is so going to have to buy a sweater to get out of this.

Michael Jordan unretiring from basketball was weird

Angry glaring at the newspaper? But he turns to tears quickly, so I have no idea.

So, since JSA-user is afk until Friday, what did you guys read today? Anything interesting?

And sadly, we're dealing with this asshole, rather than seeing Silke get his neck crushed like we all want.

On my own reading, I've still been marathoning Roger Stern's Doctor Strange.

I've worked temp jobs before. Saying "I'm just a temp" isn't a good excuse for much.

During the mid 90's. I want to say JM DeMatteis' run?

For some reason at the time it never occurred to me how fucking ridiculous Foggy looks with that coat and that hat.

Old. For DC millar/morrison Flash marvel Waid/Samee Black Widow Dynamite Red Sonja and image Red one.

And speaking of the Black Widow book, here's Black Widow.

Has the fact that she used to sleep with Daredevil come up since the MCU?

Nice, and whoops, I had not noticed that you already asked that. I read the Justice League of America Rebirth issue, which was standard "get the team together" antics, but some user noticed HOURS later that there is a panel in the "This year on..." that seems to show Killer Frost in Destiny of the Endless' garden. Which is super, super fucking weird

>On my own reading, I've still been marathoning Roger Stern's Doctor Strange.
Nice

Seriously man, how much do you expect to see from that distance?

And there we go, Silke is in a cell now.

Sick and haven't read anything. Did download some of Stern/JrJr Spidey I wanna read

Literally nothing. I've been busy conceptualizing stuff so my backlog grows bigger and bigger. Last thing I read was, I want to say, Soldier X?

Damn, wrong page. He's in a cell NOW.

Given Bendis's love of shitty on villains he thinks are "silly" I'm surprised at how little he talks about about Stilt-Man.

Any Other comics Dealing With Law besides KateHunter And Daredevil.

I got the Stern Spidey Omnibus a few years ago. It's good stuff.

>That came out already?

Yeah, premiered at 10.
Y'oughta be able to find a download by tomorrow.

Remember this line about how, if Matt comes clean, he'll get disbarred? Yeah, it comes up under a different writer.

Solicitations say that next arc will be about it.

Gotham Central is basically a police procedural that happens to be set in Gotham City.
Or do you mean the "lawyer" side of law?

God, this guy looks like a fucking Muppet.

I can't think of any instances of "the hero is unmasked" stories that the hero doesn't screw up to allow somehow. Like, Batman unmasks for a kid and someone sees it.

This one? Aside from telling his girlfriend YEARS ago, Matt didn't cause this period.

>Or do you mean the "lawyer" side of law?
Yes

Was that under Brubaker? I admit that I read his Daredevil first, not realising that it was a direct sequel to this

I don't watch cable, so I genuinely forgot about it.

I'm tempted but I can't find out if it has all of the JrJr stuff. Wanna grab it and the Iron Man Michelinie/Layton omni eventually

Wow, they REALLY took their time explaining that one. I'd expect that to be one of the first arcs.

He was disbarred.

Waid. Waid squeezed everything he could think of Matt's secret identity being public.

Is that OJ?

This is a surprise. JJ's pissed, and probably not about Spider-Man for a change.

You'd expect that not from a hack writer.

I'd say Soule needed it to make Matt a prosecutor, BUT HE LITERALLY NEVER DID ANYTHING WITH IT.

Hell, even when it came to playing with law, it was Inhumans' jurisdiction that came into the discussion. And Matt was Daredevil entire time.

>tookis

WE GET IT BENDIS, EVERYONE YOU WRITE IS JEWISH UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE!

Waid, actually. It took a few writers to do something with that.

Did being a prosecutor ever lead to any good stories, or was that just what Soule was when he was a lawyer?

>I never even imagined

YOU INVENTED AND KILLED A TWIN BROTHER BECAUSE THE GUY YOU'RE TALKING TO FIGURED YOUR ID OUT.

Your ex sold your identity to your id to your archenemy for heroin money.

You are an idiot if this potentiality never occurred to you.

Well, Matt fucked up couple of times and had others cover for him and then he had shit ton of paperwork. That's pretty much it, excluding hiring illegal immigrant as his assistant.

It got really bad with Ultimate Peter, to the point you could really believe he was supposed to be Jewish in the Ultimate U.

This was well into JMS's Spider-Man run, where Peter was a teacher.

God knows why he's just chilling at the Bugle.

Well, that ex is ded now, isn't she.

So, remember back almost half a year ago when we read "The Pulse", and Ben Urich said he knew who Spider-Man was, and directly mentioned an instance where Peter admitted to knowing who Daredevil was? Yeah, this was it. God forbid Bendis reference continuity besides his own, right?

Isn't it not even spelled correctly? I thought it was tuckus?

That's not even the first ex who found out he was Daredevil and died. Hell, he's had THREE if you count Elektra.

Heather never figured out, though.

I once had a guy who defended that by just saying "That's how New Yorkers talk".

Bendis would later repeat a version of this speech in Ultimate Spider-Man, when Ultimate JJ explains why he isn't going to write a story on Miles's identity.

Texture on Jonah's shirt always was weird to me.

Maybe if you're from Brooklyn, but a millennial from Queens sure as hell wouldn't be throwing random Yiddish words into his sentences.