Why is Marvel so against these two getting together?

Why is Marvel so against these two getting together?

They'd never last.

because much as Slott and Quesadilla want to deny it, Spider-man has an OTP and her name isn't Felecia

>WWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why doesn't Marvel support my favorite ship!?!?!?!?

Spider-fags are shit. She should go suck off Wolverine or Luke Cage again. Peter deserves better than the poor man's Catwoman, anyway.

Because she's attracted to Spider Man, not Peter

Modern Catwoman is a poor man's Black Cat

She isn't based on their fetishes for Quesada's own daughters.

For them to last, one of them needs to change, but in doing so it would damage their character.

Cat would have to go straight, be less reckless, follow the rules more, etc. But those are fundamental to her archetype and if she loses those traits shed just be another bland Black Widow or Mockingbird stand in, and she'd just be Spidey's hot girlfriend

Or Spidey could be less caring, less responsible, and less moral and just let Cat do her thing... But that will never happen either because Spidey is heroic as fuck

The very reason their relationship is compelling is because it could never last

These two doesn't fit together for long term relationship

What happens if they get together? Does she still do the Black Cat thing? Is she a long, long term girlfriend or a wife? Do they have kids?

Black Cat was all about irresponsibility. The temptation to give up a human life and then run around being superheroes full time. It's a pretty obvious metaphor when she freaks out when she sees Peter's face.

Granted, I still think making her evil is upright retarded.

ell to begin with, Stan insisted they break up so he could coordinate having Peter marry MJ on the same day in both 616 and the newspaper strip. That's where the whole Foreigner story came from.

For a while after that lots of fans saw the marriage as too sacred to infringe upon. A few writers teased it here and there like in Marvel Divas, Marvel Knights: SM, SM Presents: BC, and Evil That Men Do, but they knew they weren't allowed to cross the line.

Then Quesadildo shat OMD over ASM and Peter was single again, but 9/10 writers preferred to pair Peter with an OC rather than an established character on the thin hope the ship would take off and they'd get mad rights bucks when the character gets used in a cartoon or movie.

On a more broader scale, once mephistoverse was established, lots of writers decided Felicia had no integrity. This led to stuff like Felicia selling Peter's blood. Others dismiss her as a slut and think Peter deserves better. Others are hung up on the idea that capes should only date normies because they are boring and rely on deadhorse storytelling because its easy. Others never got the memo that learning to love Peter as well as Spider-Man was the conclusion of her character arc, one she managed to reach in spite of that Foreigner hogwash. Some also interpret the 'loves Spidey, not Peter' phase as proof she's just shallow, rather than being initially unable to wrap her head and heart around the man she loved having a hidden part of his life where he looks and acts like a completely different person.

As with most things related to the solo Spider-man comic, we have to out-wait Slott before there is even a chance of Peter and Felicia getting together.

user you know as well as I do the very first thing the next Spider-man writer will do is start the MJ train rolling again

Catwoman is a lazy slut who peter could never bring home to jewish aunt may.

did they make a fag spiderman now?

>Jewish

That's Ultimate user. 616 is a catholic of some type.

I pity the next Spider-man writer cleaning up Slott's mess. He's done all he could to burn Peter's bridges with both MJ and Felicia.

>Yeah, let's bang right above the super dangerous crime lord's office and make lots of loud noises so he knows we're here. That'll end great.

They're both right: fucking right then and there would have been really hot, but impractical.

Black Cat ceasing to be a career criminal doesn't compromise her archetype. She didn't steal things while they were dating, and even after they broke up she worked as a freelance detective stealing back stolen goods, with the Heroes for Hire doing odd-jobs for SHIELD, the Defenders, and your standard masked vigilante stuff beating up supervillains when she came across them. So long as she got to run around o rooftops in skinight leather living the glamorous special life she wasn't too fussed on what she was actually accomplishing.

It's not even that Peter turned a blind eye to her, she was able to have her fun without crossing the lines in the sand about what she could get away with while remaining one of the good guys.

Yes. Longterm. Yes.

you can have a long-term relationship without hanging up the spandex and getting a real job

>Spider-Fags are shit
>Peter deserves better
I don't understand where you're coming

self-loathing

>On a more broader scale, once mephistoverse was established, lots of writers decided Felicia had no integrity.

This is the part that pissed me off and I'm surprised writers weren't called out much more for that.

she is hyper fertile and has a litter of quintuplets peter is a full time dad and NYC is destroyed

>how can you like a character but not the fanbase????

Selina used to have hench people like any other gotham villain. The whole sultry cat burgular thing was started by Felecia. DC just copied marvel's great idea and perfected it like everything else.

I like Felecia but the cat does nothing to ground Peter. I dont know. She doesn't seem to be the ONE in my opinion and this is someone who's favourite era was the BlackCat/Black Suit Spidey stories of the 80s.

I like him having a human wife that isn't some crazy superhero.

I did enjoy the early 2000s triangle of Black Cat-MJ And Pete. It was the last time Cat was actually written good.

Selina was a femme fatale cat burglar in literally her first appearance

Felicia isn't meant to be meant for Peter, but Black Cat is meant to be for Spider-Man. The better stories where she's involved with him make it very obvious that choosing to be with Felicia is choosing to be only Spider-Man and giving up on being Peter Parker, which isn't something he's going to do.

>Selina used to have hench people like any other gotham villain.

Yeah in the fucking 40s and 60s.

>The whole sultry cat burgular thing was started by Felecia. DC just copied marvel's great idea and perfected it like everything else.

That was Catwoman's schtick long before Black Cat was even CREATED.

there's a good story in there

For what it's worth, OP, Marvel did give it a shot once. Ended about as well as you might expect- like a bunch of other people in this thread have already pointed out, they can't stay together without self-destructing. Peter's generally smart enough to know that and keep his distance, but if he had a bit less self-control, thought more with his dick than his head? Total disaster. The real kicker, though, is that Spider-Man ended up with Silver Sable in the end, and seemed much happier for it than he'd ever been with MJ or Cat.

Please tell me you're a comics writer.

God, I hope not.

>Then Quesadildo shat OMD over ASM and Peter was single again, but 9/10 writers preferred to pair Peter with an OC rather than an established character on the thin hope the ship would take off and they'd get mad rights bucks when the character gets used in a cartoon or movie.
Not how it works. Any characters they create belong to Marvel, not to the writer.

All the next writer has to do is wait for the one of Marvel's yearly reboots and then make it so that Peter and MJ/Felicia are all peachy keen now.

there are some royalties involved

not nearly as much as at DC, but a bit

As if they can't just retcon that shit.

Because it would kill both of them to be torn asunder.

>the cat does nothing to ground Peter.
depends how you define grounded. If by grounded you mean 'keeps a character from going off into extremes' then she does. She reminds him to have fun. She keeps him from thinking he's not allowed to ask for help with superheroing. She keeps him from getting too lost in a pit of depression and self-loathing when things are bad.
She's like Chat from Marvel Adventures but also skilled and connected enough that she can act as his fully-fledged partner in crimefighting

>favourite era was the BlackCat/Black Suit Spidey stories of the 80s.
even if I don't agree with you, you have impeccable taste

That's such a dumb reason though.

>stories where she's involved with him make it very obvious that choosing to be with Felicia is choosing to be only Spider-Man and giving up on being Peter Parker
what stories? I can't think of a single time that's been a focal point. Peter's quit being Spider-Man like three times, four if you count RNV, and none of them have been because of Felicia. Hell Felicia once sacrificed her powers helping Peter get his back after he chose to give them up for MJ's sake and quickly regretted it.

Daredevil did worse. He bounced back and Peter is still on speaking terms with him

Aunt May should have stayed dead when she died in Clone Saga. Who cares what she thinks.

I don't know, OP. She was always best girl.

Because they're both white and it's a heterosexual relationship

It's funny because Slott wrote that scene. He used to understand Black Cat.

this isn't /r/teh_dolan

Never got why Pete couldn't just use the black suit in this issue.

because batman and catwoman is already a thing.

it's queer when there's a nongendered alien in the middle

just post the whole thing in one

>it's so much more convenient for kissing and eating... and all kinds of stuff

if you live in New York, odds are Spider-Man fucked Black Cat on your roof.

People probably wrote letters to Playboy about the times they spied Spider-Man fucking Black Cat on their roof.

Why does Batman get to have his cat-burglar waifu but not Spider-Man?

he was still avowed never to wear it. Pretty sure Back in Black was the first time he broke that vow since making it

They're so much fun together and they're a fan favorite. Why doesn't Marvel like Felicia?

Batman is nothing like Spider-Man in personality or demeanor. They have completely different chemistry with their cats

But it will be just like Batman. There are already enough similarities.

Like what? Peter and Bruce are nothing alike. Spidey has more in common with Superman than Batman.

This.
Even if you keep Peter as a CEO there's a huge difference in how they run their companies not the least of which is that Bruce was born with it and actually completely qualified.

>No AU's where Cat wins the Spiderbowl
>nor cartoon/movies
>only videogame where she can win requires Peter to go full grimderp and Felicia get mindfucked by a symbiote into a braindead hench
>only vidya where she's playable are mobage trash
>already read all her comics
It's not fair

When was the last time some horrible piece of Spider-man history was retconned besides the unmasking?

That's because she belongs with based Logan.

The Newspaper strip retconned it's version of BND in 2009 with the Bobby Ewing effect.

Blame high school peter

They think that shit sells

that's really neither here nor there. Spectacular Spider-Man still had great chemistry with his Black Cat and they were highschool aged

This is lovely.

NO

Logan is Peter's friend, he'd never cuck him like that.

Logan would cuck his own mother

I would have crawled over broken glass to see Spidey/Cat with Peter still in high school. May-December romances are one of my biggest turn-ons. Plus Peter's mature enough to make it work.

He would, he could, and he did. Not to mention she has also sucked the cocks of: Flash Thompson, Daredevil, and Luke Cage.

Isn't there an entire comic about how Logan isn't as good a person as Peter wants him to be, and Logan hates himself for it?

>No bra but wearing underwear

Literally all my whats

90% of Black Cat don't include a bra.

>Black Cat costumes

>rich chick dressing up for her boyfriend
Nice desu.

You're thinking of Ultimate Logan

you're not wrong but your ordering is off.

Logan hates himself regardless. Logan likes being around Peter because out of all the friends and allies who have seen him go berserk and get lost in the killing, Peter is the only one who still believes Logan can do better. Everyone else eventually concludes that he's beyond help or salvation and just accept that's all he'll ever be. He doesn't blame them for it, but he's deeply touched whenever Peter appeals to his conscience

I have the relevant pages in here somewhere but these folders are a mess

dont worry boys, our boy petey about get some /black pussy/ canonically

Uhh, colonization is actually really problematic?

fun facts: MJ is literally standing right next to Peter.
This is after they'd gotten married.
This is like two weeks at most since Black Cat was viciously gaslighting MJ as revenge for stealing Peter while she was away

>that first panel
She really had to specify WHICH implants she's talking about?

>high school aged Peter
>mid-20s Felicia

Fuuuuck I didn't know I wanted this until now.

because she actually fits his life style and there's a good chance the relationship would actually work out. people forget she was in love with Peter (after character development that has since been largely retconned, admittedly) and had more or less gone straight trying to win Peter's approval. all the damage people have done to her character post-OMD, she was pretty goddamn loyal to Peter.

this is what gets me, really. if i had my non-canon What If where they're together, i'd accept her never being a Spider-chick.

That sort of happened in U Spider-man, but it was played for laughs.

Damn, she looks happy.

They did become pretty much besties later, though.

I think this is why Marvel in the last 10 or so years seem very off to me in spite of otherwise decent titles. A lot of times writers do the "back to basics" thing because it's easier or because they have some "classic" version in their head that doesn't require them to read and take things into account, but a lot of times (especially in the last 10 years) it ends up with really shallow characterizations.

Sometimes it works, but a lot of times it gets annoying. Like how many times do we have to see Johnny Storm go back to being immature? Worse still, how do we know any change actually sticks? Like what happened with OMD/BND. I think this is why Marvel's lost actual readers badly over time in the last ten years. They haven't been able to be consistent in their characterizations within the same year, hell in some cases in the same month, much less the last ten years. You can't fucking tell me Kamala from Ms Marvel and Kamala from Champions are the same person. Or Nadia from Waid's stuff and the recent Wasp comic.

>That was Catwoman's schtick long before Black Cat was even CREATED.

Catwoman didn't become a cat burglar in a black leather catsuit until Batman Year One. Eight years after the creation of Black Cat.

Before that she was just a cat-themed female super-villain.

I like that one multi-chapter fapfic where they decide to share him.

Fucking Spider-man is living the dream.

But I don't want it to be played for laughs

I want ephebophilia in my Spider-Man

I sympathize, but U Peter already had a substantial harem of girls his own age.