Valerian Thread

Discuss.

Worst progagonists I've ever seen in a movie.

Cara Delesomething was mistake here

Pros:
>Opening scene
>Big Market scene
>Rampage scene
>Chase scene
>Dance scene
>Dinner Fight scene
>Robot fight scene

Cons:
>Everything else

Garbage ass movie.

his acting was so bad
like watching a middle school play
she was ok, in comparison, at least
their romance was way too forced, though

cara is cute

That girl is super cute

You got that backwards. Dehaan was much better in this than she was.

he sounded bored and sick throughout the entire thing
his character was supposed to be some "badass", but he looks, and especially sounds, like a highschool sophomore

>badass

He's more of a goof than anything.
Laureline doesn't take him seriously and he's consistently put in the dog house.

cara is perfect

his lines are supposed to come off as charming, regardless of being a goof or not
he just sounds awkward
I'm sure he can act better with different roles, probably playing a depressed young adult or teenager, but this one didn't fit him at all

One of the worst movies of the 21st century, if only because of how it was advertised as a real movie but was in fact acting lessons for Cara Delameme that somehow made it on the big screen

I mean, it was pre... heh... heh heh... haha! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *inhales* AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

I haven't watched this movie yet, but I'm going to, should I watch it with the notion that the protagonists are in a incestuous relationship?

Maybe.
In the comics she's from the past so...who knows?

I just started and already i'm laughing at how bad it is. They KEEP calling this guy lady killer or military badass and he looks like an anemic 15 year old. Well I guess that's france for you.

Dude, Dane Dehaan is a guy...a-are you gay?

Frenchfag, grew up with the comics, almost puked during the screening, didn't saw it in english but no way it could save this wreckage.
It's fucking generic sci-fi blockbuster n°355, movie Valerian is a shitty mix between the Guardians of the galaxy guy and nu-kirk.
In the comics, he's a phlegmatic 35-something years old, here he's a fucking hothead retarded toddler.
Clara De mes couilles is a litteral fridge, she couldn't act to save her fucking life.
Visuals are mostly forgettable garabage.
Rihanna is the most retarded shit ever, what the fuck does she even have to do with Valerian godamnit ? Why blow up a significant portion of the budget to get her in here ? Makes no fucking sense.

The most shameful part of all that is that Mézières et Christin (Valérian's artist and wwriter) are good pals with Besson, they worked on the visuals for The 5th element along with Moebius, Besson has been a fan of Valerian since the first album in the 60s, I just don't understand what the fuck happened to get to this fucking mess.
Pretty pissed off everytime when I see this shit mentioned.

If the comics are translated in burgerland, you are better off reading Métro Châtelet Direction Cassiopée & Brooklyn Station Terminus Cosmos than watching this piece of shit movie, those two albums are the definition of kino