If you're ugly, you don't deserve love

>if you're ugly, you don't deserve love

why did Disney write a story with this message?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=slumRK3B0eo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because its true senpai,not everyone will deserve a pretty or cute girl in their life so the best thing they should do is to discard the need for love,no matter how hard it is, and find something else that can make you happy

He got love, just not of the hot babe.

That wasn't the point at all. He was accepted by the people. Not getting the girl is fine, and I'm glad they didn't force that angle. I want to believe that there were more kids like myself that realised at the time that was a happy ending if not a tad bittersweet.

And they gave him a cuter gf in the straight to video sequel. I never saw it though, just advertisements.

I hate this kind of thinking though. It's why we don't often get movies like this, especially animated ones.

Sadly, this.

>"I believe in love"
*tips fedora*
Lust is a feeling that actully exists, matters and is not made up by retarded poets to romanticize their lust as if it's something dirty.

Oh, this is an /r9k/ pity party thread. That's a shame, this is a good movie. Oh well, carry on with your feels shit.

Fuck off, samefag.

Try reading the actual hunchback of Notre Dame, OP, see what happens to him there

For the same reason that God made the devil so much stronger than a man, I guess

They didn't. Victor Hugo did.

they had to give you the message OP, you weren't taking the hints.

Can someone post the earlier scene with all them together, aka right at the moment he catches Phoebus with Esmeralda.

Because it's realistic.

Well, it was more like they borrowed a story Victor Hugo wrote.

Nice trips but no. I'm not the kind of pseudo intellectual that monologues about how love is a dumb construct like some wannabe pure logic Vulcan or whatever.

But I get the feeling you'll be seeing that a lot in this thread if it goes on.

>missing the point
Quasimodo's love for Esmeralda wasn't true love like it was between her and Phoebus.
To Quasi, Esmeralda wasn't a woman. She was an angel, in contrast to Frolo's perception of her as the devil him/herself. Quasi saw her as this perfect figure that represented the good of the outside world. Just listen to 'Heaven's Light' again. He's not singing about her as an equal, he's singing about her as a golden goddess who hath descended from the heavens to deliver upon him the gift of love and vagina.
Contrast this with Phoebus, who treated Esmeralda like the crafty little snark she was. They had chemistry and a reciprocal respect for one another.

The "message" is that you shouldn't put the fucking pussy on a pedestal, a lesson many people on Sup Forums should apply to their own lives.

Sometimes you're gonna have a crush on somebody that for whatever reason just isn't into you, and that will hurt. Frollo represents the wrong way of dealing with that situation, by trying to force shit. Quasi represents the right way of dealing with it, by accepting and respecting others' feelings, and moving on. That was the message you were supposed to take away.

Because nice guys finish last ;^)

Love is bullshit, though.
No one can get attracted to inferior creatures in any way other than wanting to fuck them.

Maybe for you. I think we each have the power to decide what's important. You certainly seem to love sharing your world view, for example.

Would you date quasimodo? Even with his personality?

I think the movie's sub-message was that even good people can't find love. That doesn't mean their life is meaningless

In this scenario is he rich? Funny? I know he can sing like a canary, so he's got that going. I'm almost certain depending on the criteria someone could call that lumpy mug cute and after a time even mean it.

Unless he smells. No getting past that.

Hunchback is my favorite Disney movie and I still haven't watched the sequel out of principle.

I thought it was "Just because you're incredibly in love with someone to the point where you put them on a pedestal as an angel doesn't mean they will be in love with you too."

Also "Just because you're in love doesn't mean that person will find you attractive."

I still find it amazing that they made an entire sequel based around getting Quasi a girlfriend

To Quasi, Esmeralda represented the acceptance that he actually wanted, but she was only a representation. In the end he actually won the acceptance of the city at large, which was really what he wanted/needed.

Same here honestly. The ending made me cry as a kid, but not because I was mad that he didn't win Esmeralda, but because I was so happy for him, stepping out into the light and finding the acceptance he wanted. It's what he needed and what he deserved.

Giving him a consolation love interest feels like it was a move for people that were disappointed and needed to see Quasi "win" It's nice they gave him a cute gf but I didn't need that. I already appreciated the story. Even more now that I'm older.

If you need a story about a girl falling for a guy despite him looking scary and ugly, might I recommend Beauty and the Beast?

This might be Disney France but this is not that story. Getting a girlfriend was never the point. It was about acceptance. Quasimodo needed to learn to love himself rather than thinking beauty is everything. And he did. And then other people accepted him as well.

People applying their relationship woes to this in any way are woefully missing the point.

The Golden Film's version of the story showed that Quasimodo has beauty on the inside by showing that he has beauty on the outside.

youtube.com/watch?v=slumRK3B0eo

>If you're a gypsy, you're not the children of god
Disney confirmed that gypsies are literally Satan's shits that get flushed onto earth

He got acceptance, just not pussy. Cripple steps.

And nobody's gonna want to fuck you so I suppose you're up shit creek.

>Unless he smells. No getting past that.
Showers?

It's a good movie until you stop ignoring the annoying gargoyles.

>something else that can make you happy
Like comics?

>If you need a story about a girl falling for a guy despite him looking scary and ugly, might I recommend Beauty and the Beast?
And then he ends up turning into an handsome prince.

Shrek works better, though it still needs to turn Fiona into an ogress for some reason.

Frail human women aren't built to take an ogre's club head on.

I thought it was a pretty strong message, if you ask me. And well handled. It's just a fact of life that romantic love involves sexual attraction, and only some weird lump fetishist would be sexually attracted to Quasimodo.

So is it really fair to expect Esmeralda to fall for Quasimodo when Phoebus is there? And Phoebus isn't just handsome either. He's a good man and the movie doesn't paint him as a Chad at all.

So yeah. You won't always get the girl, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be a good person and try to find your own happiness.

Don't bother it's terrible.

Watched ten minutes of it and everything about is cheap. from the plot to the animation.

Do you care about ugly people? No. Why should anyone else?

Don't worry. I treat all women as whores who will never sleep with me.

>Disney

Its not that he's ugly that he doesn't deserve love, he just hasn't found the person that has a fetish for his looks

Either way, I'd have a beer with him. That bell tower of his can make for a sick bachelor pad

>the hero always gets 10/10 girls, even if he's ugly and stupid.
That won't create unadapted people at all.

The movie is different enough from the book that the ending can be attributed purely to Disney.
Especially since everyone didn't die.