Danny doesn't choose revenge over immortality

>Danny doesn't choose revenge over immortality.

Does anybody feel deflated by that? It's like Marvel are turning Danny into Green Arrow. He actively wants his company back? Like, what?

I hope the built up hype and arguments were worth it.

For those that haven't see it, here's the latest Colleen Wing clip. It's defo better than the last one they replaced it with. The sound mixing was shoddddyyyyy.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gSgB0KYH8ew

He only wants it back because bad people are in charge of it and using his family name to do their bullshit.

I'll take it cause god knows we'll never see Iron Fist revisited but I always liked the idea that he doesn't really know what a company is beside faint memories as a child and really just wants to Kung fu kill the bastard who took his mum and pa

Me too. :(

Wonder what else they're changing.

My money's that the mark on his chest won't be a brand

The villain will be cool I Bet. So far i've liked all the villains including Kilgrave.

Fisk
The Punisher
Cottonmouth

were all great and can't wait to see this new fag.

If I had to rank it, i'd go
1. Wesley
2. Cottonmouth
3. The Punisher
4. Fisk
5. Killgrave
6. Diamond Back
7. Black Mariah

that's just me though.

>It's like Marvel are turning Danny into Green Arrow
That's bullshit, but I believe it. So who would be his Felicity, Diggle, Ra's, Deathstroke, etc.?

No shades?

I forgot about Shades. If he's on there he's below the punisher

>Spend all that time defending Danny over what he is, rather than what he isn't.
>Then, this happens...

Being an Iron Fist stan (in current year) is suffering.

Iron Fist's main templates are Hamlet, Mount of Monty Cristo and Lost Horizon. They've included all, /but/ Hamlet. That differentiates him from Green Arrow and Dr.Strange.

What's his motivation, then? Just wanted to return home, get back his Dad's company back?

I think it will be "branded" onto Danny via Shou-Lao, but I guess since its magic (and limits application time) it'll just look like a tattoo.

I wonder why Meachum will fit.

Now, forgetting the rest of the antagonists.

*Not

I hope MCUDanny Rand is likeable.

Never read too deep into Iron Fist, what's the difference between his comic run and what they're doing on Netflix?

He's a nine year old kid dragged up a snowy mountain by his crazy ass father, his father is then killed by his business partner, and his mother throws herself to wolves to save her son. He's raised from therein in K'un-Lun fuelled by vengeance to kill Harold Meachum. He doesn't give two fucks about the business and/or his father's legacy. Eventually, he see what a poor soul he's became and after all that doesn't kill him. With the help of his friends he doesnt become another "Punisher". He learns to adjust to his new American world.

Thus far the "revenge plot" seems gutted.

>Shades
>the guy who got rekt'd by a fucking nurse and an armless policewoman

It's worth mentioning that K'un-L'un is a magical city in an otherworldly realm, and the door only opens once every ten years.
When Danny decides to leave and seek revenge instead of staying there, he's turning his back on everyone he knows and loves, possibly for good.

I didn't like a lot of what Kaare Andrews did with his run, it was just way too much suffering and horror, especially for a character like Danny who is then super positive in other books. Then on top of that to make him a character who's entire life has been shaped by a lust for revenge he was unwilling to take just makes the character fucking depressing.

I really liked Fraction and Brubakers run where Danny was an upbeat Bruce Wayne type who had Mortal Kombat tier obligations because of his position as the Iron Fist.

Did anybody watch the first Colleen Wing clip? Whoa, that was abit rough.

They're gonna make Colleen Danny's first love, aren't they...?

What about Nuke?

Anyone know if we'll have the Steel Serpent in this? Or they are keeping him for a ossible Season 2 debut?

It was rumoured to be Arleo Dordar, but now It's possible Davos is Sacha Dhawan. IIFC, he's taken pictures with Jessica, plus he's bald now like you see the guy fighting with Danny. Plus, he matches the requested races for "Devon".

that sounds much more cooler then what the actual trailer implied, why would they not go with that?

considering that cast Misty Knight so poorly let's hope first and only

This isn't an age complaint is it? Gotta make sure.

I think that was Shang Chi who was the bald one he was fighting along side

It looked like the same guy that was threatening Danny in earlier photos.

Probably because Harold Meachum stomping on Mr. Rand's hand while he's trying not to fall off a cliff might be too hardcore for the netflix audiences.

have you seen the gore in daredevil?

I think stomping on some dudes hand isn't that bad

of course it's an age complaint she's 500 years old

Well, she's looking mighty good for a "500 year old". Phamily.

I fucking loved Nuke, hope we get to see him tearing the shit out of Devil's Kitchen or anywhere else in New York thq.

Yeah but there's all the weird shit like that Harold was banging Mrs. Rand and that robot who was also his dead father and the Thunderer.

Not that they necessarily have to do any of that, but putting some of Andrews stuff into the show would make Daredevil season 2 seem grounded and coherent.

>Nuke being anything but a true American hero

>dem tits
>dem hips
If Danny doesn't want to hit that sing me the fuck in then.

I think she looks fine but this Danny Rand would look like 12 in comparison.

Don't worry. /ss/ is the in thing nowadays.

It just looks odd, doesn't it? I know Misty has always been older than Danny, but I guess it's more jarring, because its rare that Danny was ever drawn like a youth.

>Some of the things people have been saying about them have cracked me up.

Oh, and believe it or not Danny's around 21/22 here.

Does he ever acknowledge the progeria?

>Oh, and believe it or not Danny's around 21/22 here
>i'm 22
And here I am shiposting instead of saving the world and fucking delicious chocolate lady.

I just want to see the costume

Is it right that I hate the fact that it's just Cage vs guys with guns? I just keep thinking of some dude jacking off to "bulletproof black man in current political situation" and forgot to put something interesting in the show to fight. Seriously all we got was gimp suit and Q's shittiest gadget!

>Cottonmouth

He was pretty meh, so were Diamondback and Mariah.

I think as well as excitement over an Iron Fist show, fans will be disappointed. Whether Claremont/Bryne era, IIF, TLW fans, most seem to have a pretty defined picture of Danny. It's not gonna be as colorful as the original, seems they've played down the mysticism. We dont know how much of the world-building will be there from IIF, and will his childhood be like in was in TLW? The revenge conponent is the /most/ egregious change. Even with the lore changing and switching all the time, that's one of the consistent definiting things about Danny Rand, and it's rarely if ever deviated upon.

He sounds like Danny Rand INO. This is like Luke Cage all over again.

Disappointing.

>The swell of Internet arguments over Danny is gonna make any change sting even more.

>Then there's Danny/Colleen...

*(in something)

>>Danny doesn't choose revenge over immortality.
>Does anybody feel deflated by that? It's like Marvel are turning Danny into Green Arrow. He actively wants his company back? Like, what?

Where are you getting the revenge over immortality stuff from?

The revenge conponent is the /most/ egregious change. Even with the lore changing and switching all the time, that's one of the consistent definiting things about Danny Rand, and it's rarely if ever deviated upon.

What fucking change are you guys talking about?

Budget? Maybe they couldn't afford wolves. They may have thought it was "too outlandish". Say what you want about The Living Weapon, but I thought Andrews did Danny's origin in a way that could work, especially on Netflix.

That was early days Iron Fist. No world saving yet. Just magic kung fu vendettas.

>Where are you getting the revenge over immortality stuff from?

His first appearance?
Iron Fist was given a choice: He could leave K'un-Lun and seek revenge, or he could join the Immortals of K'un-Lun as was his right.