The LEGO Batman Movie

The film's starting to come out in several countries. When are you watching it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ygyegU39vD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I saw it today. Ask me anything.

is it any good?

It's very good! Enjoyable as a whole, includes a lot of references for Batfans, and has a heartwarming story underneath the comedy.

Tomorrow, hopefully.

You sound like corporate in that cookie cutter clean comment way.

I am planning to see the movie, but worried it's got too much of a Seth Green/Robot Chicken vibe to the humor (aka Trash)

I mean, that's what it was. Is that bad? If you were hoping to see a lot of villain scenes, you should know that most of them barely get any lines, and most of the bad guy dialog comes from Joker, Harley, and the non-DC villains that are pulled in from the Phantom Zone.

>tfw they're only showing it in 3D in my cinema
Fuck off I don't wanna pay extra for a gimmick no one cares about

batman should just rape the joker

-Awesome, lots of references and homages to the past movies and Adam West Bats

-Bane looks like his traditional comic look but with BIGGUYBANE's voice (he even said something like we're ______'s reckoning)

-Loads of obscure villains (Condiment King, Egghead, etc)

-Alternate costumes shown include Batman Beyond

-lots of past Batmobiles in Lego form

-PHANTOM ZONE

-THE ENTIRE FRICKIN JUSTICE LEAGUE

-ZOD

-SAURON

-KING KONG

-DALEKS EXTERMINATE

-GREMLINS

-JOKER IS THE GREATEST ENEMY

-IRON MAN

I want to say you're taking the piss but another part of me wants to believe you're telling the truth

>rape
>like the joker doesn't want it

>not using spoiler tags
>the truth

Oh, there's also Voldemort, Dracula, dinosaurs, the shark from JAWS, Orca, Calendar Man, Crazy Quilt, Eraser, Gentleman Ghost, Clock King, Polkadotman, King Tut, Adam West, George Clooney, Tom Cruise!

Saw it Feb 4th, it's pretty fun desu

What else, Agent Smith? Godzilla? Don't be serious.

Not him but I can confirm it's true

>Agent Smith

Wrong, Agent Smiths.

Joker baits Batman into sending him to the Phantom Zone and frees all the villains from other dimensions from it. They then wreak havoc by hijacking the Batcave and planting gigabombs to destroy Gotham. Batman teams up with Robin, Alfred, Babs and the other Gotham villains to save Gotham. The bomb tears Gotham into two, and they all link up by connecting head-to-foot to form a bridge across both sides and pulled Gotham back together.

I saw it last week. It was a blast. Better than both the Lego movie and BvS.

It's true. That thing wasn't Godzilla though. Big G only has two arms.

So who is this dude? I couldn't tell if it was an existing Warner Bros. monster or if it was just a knockoff Gojira.

He's from Ninjago, I believe.

*backs away behind the bridge*

Huh, really?

Nah, I don't know.

*Mic drop*

youtube.com/watch?v=ygyegU39vD8

They had daleks, voldemort and iron man in it. Why would they even need to go knockoff for Godzilla?

It was the Kraken from Clash of the Titans, not Godzilla you fucking retard. It had tentacles for god's sakes.

Kraken. Clash of the Titans.

Hello fellow flip.

The movie is really well done, it's a great family movie and it's fantastic if you're a fan of batman. Most of the scenes can be taken at face value but knowing the references and background make it so much more better, there are some feels going on but mostly it came from my knowing of the history of Batman. A normie would've shrugged it off as comedy relief.

Also, Robin is cute!
"My name is Richard Grayson but the kids at orphanage call me Dick."
"Well, kids are cruel."
I fucking laughed more than I should've.

i wont like the threads for this movie, you cant even make art for it.

everything will look too blocky.

Hey! Bumili ka ba ng Lego sets?

That dialog was great. I also liked
"Is this like the time with the two boats?"
"This is better than the two boats!"
"What about the parade with the Prince music?"
"Shut up!"

Anong lego sets? May merch pala??

There are a bunch of great quips in the movie. The only thing I really hate is that they chose Babs to be his romantic interest albeit one-sided.

>movie about Batman
>made of Lego
Of course there's merch. There's an entire line of building sets based on vehicles and locations in the film, although half of it is made up of villain rides that only get one or two scenes, and mostly in the background.

Problema lang ang mahal ng Lego sa Pilipinas. Ang Batmobile na ~3000 pesos sa USA, 6000 dito.

>Iron Man
For real?
How did Disney allow it?

Licensing bylaw, since Lego owns the license for Lego Marvel.

If you don't have that kind of money though, there's always the blind bag Minifigures series, filled with alternate outfits and obscure villains.

Expect stores to run out of Harleys and Batsuits real quick.

Huh. I only really want a Batman and Robin lego, maybe a few outfits but not sets lol.

Druggies tend to stay away from kid's industries so all the coke heads and talentless whores sleeping their way into lead roles tend not to be involved in LEGO films. It's just good old fashioned traditional people writing traditional stories with the things they love.

Couple weeks from now.

Theatre showing it is a piece of shit with terrible seating, and opening day crowds make it even worse, coupled with the fact that they only have night shows to completely ruin any chance of seeing it at a less crowded time.

what a piece of shit

There are keychains too if you have a store nearby that gets them in.

I'm not a shill, just a /toy/ crossposter who thought the film was delightful.

soon as my library gets a free copy since most pirated versions are crap and I like the close captions for comedies.

How long is that gonna take?

How many lines does Conan's Riddler get?

I'm just asking out of curiosity because I know Conan is MASSIVE Adam West Batman fan and I've been watching him do his villain voice on late night shows for decades.

"At last, I get to use the word 'vertiginous'!"

3-4.

Two or three? That's about as many lines as all of Batsy's regular rogues get, save for Joker and Harley. The C- and D-listers get less.

For example, I don't think any of those three say anything.

so much for DC having the highest rated cape movie

MARVEL WINS AGAIN

>King Kong

> villain

that's a big mini-fig

That's bigfig for you.

>Babs is the love interest

DELETE

Batbump.

How is Zach as the Joker in this movie? I haven't been impressed based on the trailers.

go do your job, gordon.

Some things I loved:

references to pretty much everything, including the black and white Batman series from the 40s

Killer Croc activating a bomb underwater and yelling in joy that he was useful for once

Joker's ridiculous gay overtones

the way they put Gotham back together

Alfred wearing what looked suspiciously like Kato's uniform from Green Hornet

that one slutty Batgirl costume

You clearly missed Lego Movie threads.

Pity they don't come apart, although I suppose if they're like the magnet ones where were instructions on using heated water to loosen the glue. Nothing you can really do about the hole in the head for the keychain even if you pry it off.

Speaking of The Lego Movie and /toy/ I remember that user who made off with an entire box of promo Pajama Emmets and they were trying to convince him to make a Lego concentration camp.

You didn't like Iron Man?

Are there actually spoilers that aren't already spoiled?

It's dubbed in Lithuania

I said some, not all.
Otherwise we'd need a second thread.

Tuesdays my local chain runs $5 Tuesday where all shows are $5 so tentative plan is to do an afternoon double feature of John Wick and Lego Batman

After the first big wave of little children is over.

I've got Fairy Batman, KISS Batman, Harley, Calculator, King Tut and Joker from that set. They're really easy to feel for.

Some of them are a bit tricky and it's easy to get false positives on a few of them. Depends on how much time you are willing to put into it, and you do get better the more you work at it.

A few interesting things I've noticed is that ducky bats must be popular because I've only found one in all the stores I've checked, and also nobody wants the damn Mime. Zodiac Master is a close second on the leftover pegwarmers.

Ducky Bats is also really easy to feel for because he has many parts and the obvious unweildy swimming ring.

Joker on the other hand is easy to feel for because the only unique piece is his hair and that really stands out. Check if there's cuffs in there too - if there's not but a cylindrical bit, it's Robin. If there's cuffs but no obvious hairpiece, it's Barbara.

I hate using hair because it's so damn ambiguous in some cases and some of these are new molds so my fingers have no prior experience with them, as it were. Still it depends on the hair. There's a lot of 2x2 flat pieces in this one Harley's hair is pretty distinctive. The bigger pieces can be a pain to separate sometimes and her new "hat" threw me for the longest time since it's an unfamiliar very small piece.

In all I don't think there was that much that stumped me although between Joker and Barbara I prefer feeling for the small buttons for confirmation.

I've found that Police Babs is easy to identify, because her hairpiece is the only one with a wide flat surface (the top of her police hat).

Zodiac Master was in first place in my local LEGO Store, with Mime in second and King Tut in third. Meanwhile, everyone really fucking loves their Harleys and the five various Batmen.

>captcha is MANOR ATTENTION

There were in fact two slutty outfits for Barbara -- Batlady and Lady-Bat.

I had two fairly new boxes set up at my local store (the ones like pic related, not the verticals with the cubbies). They'd clearly been pawed through since there were bags spread out, but still both nearly full. The that surprised me was searching both of these I only found one cave Bats. The club is very distinctive and easy to find, but I'll admit by that point I was looking mostly for March Harriet and Commissioner Gordon so I can't swear I was 100% attentive.

Gotta love that bunny.

>Gotta love that bunny.
I do and had to check several stores searching for her. Every place was out of bags except the last store had 5-6. By sheer luck I found her in the first bag. When leaving I saw the store had a big movie display in the main aisle that had all the movie sets and a ton more blind bags. I'd also been looking for Orca so thought, hey, awesome! People had scattered bags everywhere and after I cleaned them up I realized like an idiot I'd mixed Harriet into the bunch. I had to go through nearly the whole lot again just to find her.

At least I found some others that had eluded me, including two Orcas. Got to love that head.

batjokes?

They actually avoid the "blind animal"/"animal that uses echolocation" joke this time. Lots of good dialog between Batman and Joker.

This wqs probably the best Batman Movie ever.

Hell it was top 5 just from the opening set piece

This wqs probably the best Batman Movie ever.

Hell it was top 5 just from the opening set piece One thing I wish is

1. The JLA coming back and

2. I thought we would get a closing gag of Batman going overboard with the family theme and just adding a fuckton of new members

>Bathound!
>awww
>Batgorilla!
>What?
>Robin 2
>Wait
>Robin 3!
>Batgirl!
>Batwoman!
>Batwoman again!
>Robin 4!
>Robin..wait no Batgirl again.
>Batman Inc
>Batmen of all Nations!
>Batman and the Outsiders!
etc.

>NOBODY recognized harryhausen's kraken

Fucking plebs

>Agent Smith
>Lord Voldemort

Fucking incredible.
You'd literally never be able to have a crossover like this in live action. But why is that? Why is a live action cross over so much harder to do in any format when compared to animation?

I found him enjoyable. It's a very different Joker from anything else I've seen. His character more of a parody of the Joker than anything, but in a good way.

So Lego Joker is basically a supervillain equivalent of "NOTICE ME, SEMPAI!" I assume?

Its a literal romcom

Thats not hyperbole, they outright to the you had me at hello bit.

tom cruise is in it.

Like actual live action tom cruise

>Like actual live action tom cruise
The fuck?

Actors get busy and it's considered a risk

It's in a movie
"ONEEEE is the lonlient number" HDMI bit in the trailer

George Clooney and Adam West are in it too, live action and all.

>Alfred played by Ralph Fiennes
>Ralph Fiennes played Voldemort in HP
>Voldemort is in this movie
>Not played by Ralph Fiennes

IRON MAN SUUUUUCKS

>I thought we would get a closing gag of Batman going overboard with the family theme and just adding a fuckton of new members
clearly they're saving that for a LEGO Batman Movie 2

hypercrisis works in mysterious ways

>richard cheese starts singing

There's no way they really had Iron Man.

>All these peenoise

Saw it today after work, got the Regal-exclusive T-shirt (too bad I couldn't use my employee discount on it)
I want to fuck Phyllis

which set is this from? I'm kinda bummed there isn't a Movie Set with Bane.

Hell yeah.

My dream is finally coming true!

It was really cute. I liked it more than the Lego movie which I didn't really like. There were parts in the later half that went on a bit too long but it was all good for the most part.
When did Batman want to fuck Batgirl? When did batgirl get brown skin?

>When did Batman want to fuck Batgirl?
The director hates that ship
>When did batgirl get brown skin?
Her actress has that skin

Post yfw batman traps his friends in the sad scutter and sends them away