Objective Season Rankings

4 = 6 > 2 > 3 > 5 > 1

I don't care about this show anymore.
Also its fanbase is unexpectedly terrible.

>a venture bros. thread
you got me all excited thinking some news on the new season came out asshole
and switch one with three

you think so? some of those early season 1 episodes make the show seem lame. I think the worst episodes of season 3 are balanced with the classics.

what's a realistic expectation? special this year and then new season next year?

Yeah that's probably about how I'd rank it. I can't really remember much about the early seasons other than 1 being a little bit rougher. I do remember season 5 being boring though and season 6 being way better than it.

I hope they announce the new special or whatever soon because I'm awful at remembering things and by the time VB finishes I'm probably going to be senile.

Sorry to derail the thread, but I'm interested in watching this and I understand it's based off Johnny Quest, or a parody of it or something. Do I need to have knowledge of that series to get full enjoyment out of this one?

You'll miss some references as the characters from Johnny Quest do appear as (very minor) characters in Venture Bros and the way that Venture Bros is essentially a deconstruction of that genre might be lost on you, although I think you can probably pick up on most of that even without having seen Johnny Quest.

Maybe just watch one episode of Johnny Quest so you at least get the boy adventurer format.

What is so bad about the fanbase? It's one of the most chill that I know.

Alright cheers, will do.

3>4>2>5=6>1

I'm way too biased towards season three, it has my favorite episodes (Shadowman 9, The Lepidopterists, The Family That Slays Together)

This, it's smaller compared to Adventure Time, Bojack Horseman or Rick and Morty. To me it's the gem of animation. You're either too 'cool' for it or it's an absolute wonder. I couldn't believe how great season 6 was despite being so short, but I should never doubt Doc and Jason. It's like they jump started the series and they can only get whackier with the lore and plotlines.

wanted to watch this show but season 1 seems a bit like a drag, yeah it's funny sometimes but it always feels as if it takes allot out of me to watch even one episode

any tips?

the first season just sets up all the characters for the rest of the series. Watch the last two episodes of season 1, then start with season 2. If you don't like it by Assassinanny 911 (S2E3) just drop it. If you do and you want to know where the side characters come from, intersperse season 1 into your viewing. Personally I was more interested in the world building than the humor in season 1. It happens to get funnier and better.

>4 at the top
>5 at the bottom

A Very Venture Halloween and What Color is Your Cleansuit? are the only episodes that match Season 4's quality.

I thought season 6 was way too short and felt unfinished. Like they had two or three episodes that didn't get made.

Season 3 episodes focused on the monarch and Dr girlfriend are the worst eps

All classics.

I don't get the Season 1 hate. I mean, sure, a lot of what becomes fundamental parts of the show's greatness is added in later seasons as the show continues, but season one is the true core of it all. The characterization and direct parody present in S1 are well realized and well executed, and in many ways they foreshadow much of the character development and broadening themes/tone that would come as the show aged and grew. This foreshadowing adds another layer to the rewatchability of S1 for me, on top of the fact that it's still top notch in and of itself. Then again, maybe I'm just nostalgic for the days when there only was a S1.

That being said, most of the shows truly best episodes and moments do come later on in the series, but that's just a testament to the quality of VB as a program, most shows fizzle out as they go on, VB just keeps snowballing into further greatness.

Season 4 is best Season. Season 5 is underrated (Eat the pennies, Quizboyyy), and, yes, Season 6 is mind blowingly good.

Really I don't think there's a bad season in the whole series, and I'd be hard pressed to even find a single episode that I consider bad. I remember years ago, I think it was after S4 finished, I went back and rewatched the older seasons, and made sure to watch all the episodes, because there were some that I normally skipped. I'm glad I did because my old prejudices against those episodes got blown out of the water. Early episodes with what appear to be contrived premises are still filled with the characterization and self awareness that makes VB what it is: pure ___kino

Not this user, but since I can't remember where "Tag Sale, You're It!" falls, I'm going to recommend watching to too just for balling up all the sheer weird shit the show had in one bundle and providing characters years later because they were in the background.

I can agree with this.

I'm just worried season 7 is going to be the last one at this point. Adult Swim hates cartoons, it's very expensive, the ratings are low because of the continuity lockout and gaps between seasons...it has all the hallmarks of a doomed show.

>and I'd be hard pressed to even find a single episode that I consider bad
The first episode feels dated in a way no other episode does, and I don't personally care for the early season 1 episode where they go into space, the Nancy Drew twins episode, or the one with the mutant Dean clone. Otherwise, yeah, it's golden.

I don't really like Molotov at all, her entire existence is just "ehhnnnyehhh Brahk Seeeiiaaaammmppsoonnnnnnn" and sex jokes. Because she's a woman in a revealing catsuit, see, and on account of her high boobular quotient, there must be things done.

I only got to 2 or 3, but I loved it when I watched it, should I get back into it?

I think the first episode I genuinely liked was the ghost ship one.

Season 1 was decent after that one.
Season 2 was just so good by comparison that it makes 1 look bad.

Yes, season 4 is "kino" (I hate the meme so you know I mean it) and season 6 is either just under it, equal to it, or even better, depending on who you ask. 5 isn't as good as either but it's not as bad as people say.

Ghosts of the Sargasso is one of my all time favorites.

>A REAL GHOO~OOST!
>A-What? Wow, no way!

>You mean to tell me yer father has a bodyguard? That guy needs a bodyguard?

6 was a terrible season, what are people smoking?

I think you mean
>>"Hank, your dad is built like a tank, why would he need a bodyguard?"

I love all three of those episodes, but I think I enjoyed Hank and Dean's idiotic parody subplots more than some people. Phantom Space Man and the Wereodile still make me laugh.

I liked the mutant Dean episode too, though my favorite part of the episode is Hank and Dermott.

I kinda see what you mean about Molotov. Generally she's a pretty shallow character, only defined by her relationship to Brock and her gravity defying cleavage. But I still enjoy her, even if she is generally just a Brock accessory. My favorite episode with her is the one where she babysits the Ventures for Brock, but even then it's mostly the Ventures reactions to Molotov that I find so amusing.

>Where are the keys?
>I shoved them up my ass.

That is the best Molotov episode.

And yeah, I just care the most about villain stuff, so episodes without that that are heavy on the Hank and Dean occasionally disappoint me.

Well, the villain stuff is really good. Can't fault you there.

Monarch, Dr. Mrs. My Wife, and 21 and 24 are immortal parts of what make the show so good, in all their different roles throughout the seasons. The rest of the Guild really adds a lot of stellar content. I still miss the Sovereign.

Phantom Limb is excellent as well. His romantic rivalry with the Monarch are some of Monarch's best moments.

>Yeah, you can never have enough precision in your soup.

Ok

Dude! Blue Morpho!

Hank's Forbidden-Mutant-Fish-Jersey-Princess-GND-Tittymonster romance!

President Trump cameo!

Brock and Hatred Bro-down!

Blue Morpho!

>KWWWWWWIZBOYYYY!

BLUE! MORPHO!

CLANCY BROWN!!!

That's somewhat true. The next special will apparently wrap up the Blue Morpho storyline.

What I LOVE them getting more attention, plus it sets up the focus on the Guild and Council, which is always gold.

I wrote off A Very Venture Halloween and watched it recently, and now it's one of my favorites. They opened up the perfect box and they understand their characters and their world SO well. Doc and Jason will die before this masterpiece ends.

The overwhelming commercial and critical success of Rick and Morty will help keep it around. Even airing 9 or 10 episodes worth every 2 years it's got the same longevity as the Simpsons without needless combinations of characters and scenarios. If they wanted to pump out 10 episodes a year they could, but the show reminds of me Arrested Development in how tightly it's written. Plus that AS preshow headline about airing the next season before 2021 tells us it's not going anywhere anytime soon. They'll die or go senile before that happens.

Red Death was the best part of season six. Clancy Brown fucking killed that performance.

All This And Gargantua 2 is easily the best episode to date and set the show off into an beautiful direction. Brock back, the Monarch and 21 hijinks, Hank being awesome, Dean going places and Rusty has all he ever wanted. The first episode's moving montage was EARNED both plotwise and as a meta triumph for still nailing it after all these years. Plus some of the best villains and encounters to date. And they still have to work with Dean being in college, Rusty trying to stay a billionaire, the Monarch rebuilding, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch hunting Blue Morpho, the Monarch inevitably using BM to take care of other irritants, OSI-Guild relations, AND getting to do all of that based in New York. Killinger will come back, the council needs to be filled, the Monarch WILL have to face the music, and Gary still needs to work through his guilt.

Literally like 4 minutes of screentime and he's an instant classic. That whole fucking episode.

>I'm sorry, this is the only way.
>There's SO many other ways!

>dude, use your funky mouth and eat us out of here! Just eat me out!

Red Death's daughter was the cutest.

Also, I'll never get over the fact that that guy was voiced by Misha Collins.

>He wants me to feed on your butt!

Yeah, man. They just fucking get their characters so well.

Love that special, too.

>SUPER FUCKING RUNAWAY!

special late this year, new season late next year.

Don't forget the return of Nathan Fillion

>gf always thought Monarch was attractive
>watch S6 with her
>wants me to dress like Blue Morpho for sexytime
>mfw

We all miss the Sovereign.

Please tell me you do a voice impersonation and call her "citizen."

Haven't done it yet. I'm still deciding on which comic character I want her to dress up like. I"m leaning towards Phantom Lady, but honestly I'd be happy if she wore a domino mask and tied me up some time.

Btw, I can do a decent Billy Quizboy and Henchman 24 impression

You need to make her go as Rocky.

>You were supposed to be my Khaleesi!

Nah m8, Farmer's Daughter is where its at

Is she fat?

Chubby

Ghosts of Sargasso was the first episode I ever saw and I was totally hooked from that point on.

>Brock killing the dudes with his as
>The screaming ghost
>How pitiful and lame the "ghost pirates" are
>The Bowie intro

Too good

They love them skinny dudes

idk I'm just going off of speculation but it seems like maybe something soon. At least news of some sort. I'm basing this all off of the fact that AS has added episodes back to their schedule, on demand, and them bumping it on some streaming sites.

Will Dean ever get this lucky again?

Quinn twins confirmed wereodiles.

Posting best Deangirl.

Tell me, Sup Forums, do you prefer her vanilla or mutated?

forgot pic

Did they bang or just kiss?

Is Dean still a virgin?

Pretty sure they just made out and stuff. The narcotics/mutation cure bombed them just before Dean could take his place as their king, and thusly potentially get that sideways mutant poon.

So, yes, Dean is still pure, unlike filthy Hank.

>Dr. Mrs. My Wife
I love this pun so much

WHEEEEEN will Dr. Orpheus return??

never EVER