What's the best movie set in your state? Or if you aren't American, town, village, or whatever you people have

What's the best movie set in your state? Or if you aren't American, town, village, or whatever you people have.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=movies set in virginia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing I fucking hate it here

Field of Memes

I live in the town where they shot Groundhog Day and a tiny portion of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Donnie Darko

Not bad, not bad at all.

Replace Lonesome Dove with The Revenant for Montana.

>127 hours
>Not Jeremiah Johnson

>catched

I knew it.

>To Kill A Mockingbird
Gay.

Forrest Gump is the best.

I can only think of the Krypton Scout Ship from Man of Steel being set North of 60 in Canada.

>Colorado
>The Shining
>exterior of the Lodge is a well-known hotel in Oregon
Colorado BTFO, they're living a lie

Mad Max cunt.

The Birdcage

For a Few Dollars More is the worst part of the trilogy. This map is garbage.

Fairfax here. Why are there so few movies based in VA? All the founding fathers were here, most of the civil war was fought here, CIA, FBI, and pretty much every other agency is headquartered here. Basically tons of stuff that crops up in movies all the time, but almost no movies are actually set here.

>Indiana
>A christmas story
maximum comfy

>Michigan
>Gran Torino

What is this bullshit? If you want to choose a modern one, at least choose It Follows or American Pie. But the best is really Anatomy of a Murder.

I should really watch The Deer Hunter sometime.
GoodBadUgly is set in NM? The More I Know, interesting.

>Wyoming anything other than modern meme Bareback Mountin'
>The Straight Story
>Gone With The Wind

Good.

>Michigan not Anatomy of a Murder set in the glorious Yoop
>Vermont not Super Troopers

absolutely god-damn disgusting.

I am convinced that better alternatives are set in California, Mississippi, Ohio and probably Florida. E.T. is unironically a much better film than Pulp Fiction, overall, for example.

American here, I visited the parking garage where Max sees the interceptor for the first time. Interesting architecture.

Mean Girls is the only movie set in my town. But in my entire state, idk. Ferris Bueller's Day Off, maybe?

You aren't supposed to find your state on the map and read off whatever movie it has there, you are supposed to say what YOU think is the best movie from your state.

>George Washington

Never heard of it, I live near where they filmed parts of Talladega Nights

>Sardinia, Italy
Conquest by Lucio Fulci, love the guy desu

I'm from Delaware. Dead Poets Society was filmed at a 55k/year boarding school up north called St. Andrew's. Went up there for sports a few times, its fuckin beautiful there

Mean Girls is better than Ferris Bueller's Day Off because it doesn't pretend to be something deep.

Deer Hunter is overrated. Gettysburg is better and even All The Right Moves is a better flick from the time period.

NM so [insert western here].

For a few dollars more is the best one

Never even heard of the straight story. Why isn't Iowa Field of Dreams?

in re Fargo: I've been meaning to go on top of the parking garage where Steve Buscemi kills the grandpa.

The exterior shot when William h Macy pulls into town/the bar, in the opening scene with the car, is set in the titular Fargo ND of course, but the shot is actually in Minneapolis, just a bit north of downtown. The site is now the location of a charity housing for pozzed-up HIV people.

The Steve Buscemi character was very, very stupid for arguing with his associate over half a car when he had a Grand Stack plus ready transport ready to go. But then of course that's the whole point of the character: he's a stupid man who nobody vouch for and who ruins everything for everybody.

Outrageous Fortune is the only movie I know of set there.

>Stroszek
The fuck is wrong with my state?

>Kerry, Ireland.
Ryan's Daughter

>films with scenes that were shot here but not based here
Excalibur
Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince
The Lobster
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Star Wars : The Last Jedi

>The Lobster

Why would you admit to that? Should be ashamed of it

You make a good point (Field of Dreams IS arguably a more famous film set in Iowa) but The Straight Story is a delightful film that you should watch. I should see it again myself.

The Straight Story is the story of grizzled old man Alvin Straight, who has received news that a relative has had some sort of an episode (heart attack or similar), and so he has to see about his relative. Alvin can't drive a car, so he rigs up a lawn mower with a trailer, and slowly makes his way, despite protests from the locals. People generally help him along the way, although there are some problems. Classic road movie. I've been across the bridge in Lansing which is shown, a nice high bridge, a number of times.

The film is notable because it's directed by Hollywood weirdo David Lynch (a Sup Forums favorite), whose reputation is to make strange and darker films. So Lynch intentionally broke from his usual routine to film a straight-up "a man goes on a trip" story, and it works out very nicely. That's why it's a meme.

I remember really liking the ending. Alvin finally makes it, and his brother(?), Harry Dean Stanton, is sitting on his porch. The two have had some difficulty, but they say hello, and sit down together. fade to credits, nothing more need be said. The point was not the destination, but sharing the journey.

There Will Be Blood, Appaloosa, Vampires, etc.

>donnie darko
literally so many better movies set in virginia
whoever made this is a faggot pleb with reddit taste
google.com/search?q=movies set in virginia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

arlington patrician here
donnie darko is shit
i have the advantage of being so close to dc that i can just opt for those films

>Slingblade

I'm happy with this. Billy Bob Thorton is a state treasure. Shame he basically disappeared years ago.

>Rain Man
I'm from Cincinnati and I hate that fucking movie so much. Is there really nothing better set in this whole state?

to be fair Forrest Gump is a "Baby Boomer's Greatest Hits!" circlejerk and although the frame story is in the south in whatever state, it goes across the country of course.

City of god.

It's even set in VA.

You basically answered it. For the average American, VA is basically NoVA i.e. associated with the Pentagon, CIA, and related government agencies which are almost always in the background.

I'm not a fan either but Kerry looks great in it.

UMA

Wolf Creek

Stranger Things 2, Episode 7

>Donnie Darko better than The New World
Wtf whoever made this map just used IMDB

Heathers is set in OH.

northern va doesn't count, that just means dc

Filmed in Cleveland though, fuck mate, that's Ohio's.

being close to dc isn't an advantage though, when the cat 5 chimpout comes you'll be the first wave killed.

Try harder

Major League

Probably Goon
Or one of the TPB movies.

Also apparently The Killing of a Sacred Deer was shot here in Cincinnati. Haven't seen it though.

>North Carolina
Blue Velvet probably, Cape Fear is here, so is Cold Mountain

ever killed any american tourists there looking up their irish roots?

It doesn't pretend to be enjoyable either

>a few more dollars
Not
>no country for old men

nova is the best part of va
everyone in dc who isnt working for the government is too busy smoking weed or getting drunk
idk what youre talking about

Pulp Fiction as the best in California is retarded too. So many great films shot and set there and they choose fucking Pulp Fiction?

Not Kubricks shining, the shitty version King made because he was butthurt Kubrick made him look like a raging psychopath

Clunes?

Blue Velvet was in Lumberton right? Im from near there

What would yours be I liked LA confidential.

Rocky is better than The Deer Hunger

k-shop

Else Jean the BLACKED super starlet went to GMU and worked at a strip club in Georgetown before she got famous

I immediately thought of Chinatown and Mulholland Dr. but there's probably a ton that I can't think of right now.

To be fair the ranking purports not to be based on some limited (superior) critical opinion, but simply collects what's tops at IMDB at the moment. So it's just a map showing pleb opinion, which can be hit-and-miss (plebs are regularly right, though usually only accidentally).

crazy i didnt know that
i wonder what other whores are from va
other than my exes har har har

greetings utard comrade

>Fairfax
please secede to maryland with the rest of the northern VA trash

Columbus.

It's alright.

She's also half nigger.

Well, Baby Driver is the only one I can think of at the moment. It was pretty good.

>t. cleetus

Arlingtonian, I'm gonna have to say Minority Report.

Not with these cops, I swear they killed MS-13 members like Nazi death squads back in the 90's and never got caught...

ARL IN THE HOUSE
nigga i might kno you
arlington has that small town thing where you meet everyone once but with a big city feel
its a bustling hub

>deer hunter
>not signs

Sandra Bullock is from Arlington, went to high school there. As far as straight up whores, Mia Khalifa though not from VA is from the DC metro area, her parents are still over in Rockville or somewhere around there, so there's a chance you could see her around during holidays and stuff.

Where'd you go to highschool? I was at Washington Lee

Three-way tie between BR2049, Sharktopus, and Big Momma's House 2.

Just here for my job, from Hot Springs originally, a town near Staunton, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, etc. The entire state should be nuked imo. Hate this place more than I can express.

i knew that about sandy bullock
had a teacher who went to school with her
she always like to namedrop her
i knew that about mia, i know some dudes who went to school with her
they got some stories
bitch was fucking and sucking in a bush
yorktown here
went to the career center and thats how i met a lot of people from the other two highschools
a lot of my friends went to langston though

>A Christmas Story

I might just stay here then. fuck going back to a state that like meme flicks by Tarantino

>Bristol
Nothing really that interesting, the Wallace and Gromit films were all made here though.

I use to work at the veterinary lab at the career center. Back when I was still going to be a biology major. I'm a senior now at ODU in Norfolk but I still go home for holidays. Planning on getting an apartment when I graduate.

The map shows movies that take place in that state based off highest IMBD rating

Well, Chris Chan is down in Charlottesville, but everyone knows that I guess

fuck i miss those publix subs

what year were you?
i live in near the courthouse
rent is high but you cant beat living in clerendon

>yorktown here

lel we actually get tonnes. I encourage more tourism desu. I like Americans and I like to see what they think of the place.
nu-Star Wars is gonna fix our economy tbf. Tourism was booming last Summer.

Firstblood is the best film set in Worshington. Twin Peaks, for television.

it's probably unironically shawshank redemption
or the iron giant if you're not a pleb

Except Rocky I is the best film ever to be set in PA