Mexikino coming through

Mexikino coming through

wtf I love spics now

Tfw abuelito died a year ago

>DUDE PREHISPANIC MYTHS LMAO
Nobody really believes his grandpa/uncle/whatever will come back to eat the 2nd grade tamales and shitty mole from a glass you left on top of some dirty three-legged Carta Blanca with pencil shavings and shredded paper with a dark grainy picture of them. Why people choose to perpetuate this day as some sort of "Mexican day" is the reason why Mexico is still a third world uneducated shithole.
>but muh Mexican Halloween
>but muh Catholic syncretism
There is nothing remotely Catholic about a "holiday" that is devoted to making altars for people that are literal whos or disgusting human beings like Frida Khalo and her communists friends. Want to celebrate a Catholic Holiday? All Saints day is still a thing, and does not require you to altar-worship whatever okay-ish family member that has passed away with food offering that youre going to eat cold anyway. Just go to Mass and pray for his soul hoping he isnt among the damned, miserable souls.
And if you want to, for whatever reason, celebrate something like Halloween, just celebrate Halloween. It's not like it will mess up your already Americanized culture, drinking Starbucks while messaging your friends through Whatsapp on your iPhone, on the contrary, it goes quite well with it.
tl:dr Stop celebrating this vacuous excuse for a holiday, it just makes you look like a voodoo worshipping nigger. Celebrate literally any other holiday that falls on this season.

>being this mad

This post is the worst I've read today, and I'm going to bed now.

KYS please

>implying mesoamerica isn't based as fuck
Literally the worst thing the Spanish ever did was to ruin native america

No me gusta

Stop overusing the day of the dead meme, stop overusing the guitarist meme, stop making pedro poor

This is unoriginal the movie, and culture appropriation. We can make those type of movies, they are our movies, fuck off Hollywood.

shut the fuck faggot

>Make schools, churches, morality, Roman law and technology to Mexico
>Are somehow the bad guys because they didnt preserve pagan myths to justify daily human sacrifice
How?

Americans won't like you either way, self hating cuck.

Mexico eventually got schools and law and technology, but that's the key word. Eventually. The majority of Mesoamericans who weren't killed by Europeans shortly after contact were wiped out by European diseases. Many were forced into what was effectively indentured servitude. Their existing culture was destroyed - meme all you want, but I'm sure you wouldn't be so nonchalant about it if I talked about destroying white culture. All but a few scraps of Aztec written language were burned.

Also note that human sacrifice wasn't as common as Mel Gibson would have you believe. It was largely limited to the late-classic Aztec cities and was rare or nonexistent in other cultures.

PS, Mesoamerica was a totally original civilization separated from the rest of the world by tens of thousands of years, and they were roughly on the level of ancient Greece when the Spanish came over. How fucking cool would it have been if they had been allowed to consider developing without interference?

From a Peruvian living in miami.

Fuck you MEXICUNTS FUCK YOU

There are Latinos out here in the US and we get zero representation. ZERO /0.

Everyone thinks all Latinos are like you Sombrero wearing fuckers. Im Peruvian, where is the Peruvian princess. Where is the Nicaraguan hero. You guys get all the attention. Fuck you, COCO more like SHITCO.

I EXIST. :'(

I want some Cuban kino

Disney is US-based and there are a lot of ethnic Mexicans in the US, so Dia de Los Muertos is a fairly big thing here. No one cares about Peru, deal with it.

calm down matias

Based post

>genocide people
>we brought morality
fuck off rudyard kipling

I just wanted to say that you shouldnt go to bed sour, and so this post was written to hopefully cheer you up!
Sweet dreams!!!

Literally who? Kys, nobody remembers peru when talking about latin america

>Waah, waah, the evil Spaniards destroyed my shitty primitive culture!!!1

They did the right thing, same for brits and french in North America. Your """culture""" was pretty much worthless and deserved to be wiped out. Same way the ancient Iberian and Celtic and Gaelic cultures were wiped out by the superior Roman one. It's what must be done, faggot. It's an improvement. Stop crying about the white man

>Nobody really believes his grandpa/uncle/whatever will come back to eat the 2nd grade tamales and shitty mole from a glass blah blah blah
Uh, so? It's a tradition, like carving pumpkins for Halloween or putting presents under a tree you have in your house.

For every time I see Day of the Dead called a Catholic holiday, I see it called a Mexican holiday a hundred times. It's not a Catholic thing and no one says it is. Modern Mexico is a sort of fusion between Spain and Prehispanic America, and trying to pigeonhole any part of their culture into one or the other is literally retarded.

eFe

is she going to eat that dog

>but I'm sure you wouldn't be so nonchalant about it if I talked about destroying white culture.
I am glad European paganism was destroyed as well, and glad we preserved the good bits of it (Greek philosophy, Roman law, etc). The same principle applies to prehispanic culture, where we preserve the good bits of it, which excludes this "holiday".
I would say many things that are celebrated by Mexico shouldnt be, like Narco culture, some parts of Latin American "Music" (which is just reggaeton under different name to my name or american pop made by a chicano), or this guy over here.

>your culture was worthless blah blah blah
So was every culture a millennium or two before it advanced into a state of what you and I would call "modern civilization". I don't see why it's "what must be done".

I thought you conservatives were all about making people pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Now you want to "help" more primitive cultures by conquering them. Somehow I don't think you're being honest about your motives.

>The same principle applies to prehispanic culture, where we preserve the good bits of it, which excluded this "holiday".
What parts are you including, then? And why are you excluding this holiday? I think it's neat, and it's aesthetic as fuck.

>filename
Kek

>So was every culture a millennium or two before it advanced into a state of what you and I would call "modern civilization".
No user, your culture was worthless compared to the cultures of its time. In fact, it was worthless compared with older cultures as well. If you were so thoroughly conquered and fucked is because you were inferior in every way, not only culturally but technologically and logistically, that's why you were defeated in your continent by a bunch of foreigners that didn't know what they were getting into.

>I thought you conservatives
>using modern terms for something that happened 500 years ago
When people, civilized Europeans I mean, not your """people""", found about your existence some argued you weren't even humans and had no souls. Those would be the "conservatives" of that time. Reason triumphed, and they decided you were just uncivilized humans, ready to be uplifted, civilized and conquered.
As for me, I'm tired of white guilt.

the Aztecs had a written language?

you're from Peru?

too bad for you

Not him, but I'd rather judge a culture by what's wrong and what's right. It is not right to leave a culture, primitive or modern, as it is if I know they are deficient in some way. And I'm no conservative.
Out of the top of my head, the cuisine, along with most artesanias. I'm excluding this holiday because of its symbolism, which is superstitious in nature (making altars for spirits, etc.). I'm neutral when it comes to the aesthetic.

what about the emperors new groove that was in peru

EL PERUANO: DURANTE SU
NIÑEZ... ES OBLIGADO A ORDEÑAR
CABRAS..VACAS... LIMPIAR ESTABLOS
``EL PERUANO ``SIEMBRA`` PAPAS. CEBOLLAS`` Y HACE TRABAJOS
AGRARIOS!!..el peruANO NO SE BAÑA , NO ESTUDIA ,
NO VA A LA ESCUELA , AL COLEGIO NO VA A LA UNIVERSIDAD ES UN SER IGNORATE TORPE,
CERRADO , BRUTO , ESTUPIDO , SOEZ , REPUGNANTE

-QUE ES PERUANO EN ``LATÌN ???

*``INDIUS HEDIONDUS MONUS``

¿ COMO RECONOCER A UN PeruANO ES LA COSA MÁS FACIL, AQUI CITAMOS SUS PRINCIPALES CARACTERISTICAS:

0- SON FEOS, HORRIBLES, ABYECTOS, INSIGNIFICANTES...HEDIONDOS
1- SON MARRONES, COLOR CACA, TIRANDO PARA COBRIZOS, PARECEN MOJONES
2- SON ENANOS, 1M50 A 1M60, PARECEN DUENDES ANDINOS
3- SON PATAS CORTAS O PATA CHUECA , VERDADEROS ENGENDROS DE LA NATURALEZA
4- NO TIENEN CULO, NI HOMBRES NI MUJERES
5- NO TIENEN CUELLO, PARECEN GUSANOS CON LODO
6- TIENEN LA TREMENDA NARIZ, DE CONDOR, O TUCAN
7- SON OREJONES, YA LOS ESPAÑOLES LOS LLAMABAN ASI
8- SON ACHINADOS Y NO TIENEN PÁRPADOS
9- TIENEN POMULOS SALIENTES
10- TIENEN LA CARA REDONDA E HINCHADA , ESTOS CARA DE GUANACO

89785269 there is no wrong or right

you

I support mexicans.
I will pay for the wall

>your culture was worthless compared to the cultures of its time. In fact, it was worthless compared with older cultures as well
This is just a blank assertion.
>If you were so thoroughly conquered and ducked is because you were inferior in every way
The Aztecs came close to beating Cortez. They only failed because they were in the middle of a famine and because Cortez got some of the Aztec's enemies to fight with him. Native America also lost because it had no resistance to old world diseases because they'd been isolated for so long. You can hardly blame that on them.

At the end of the day, it's like this. Modern humans have been around for several hundred thousand years. If you look at the periods of time in which civilizations rise, you'll notice strong correlations with existing population density and the presence of natural resources. That five different civilizations independently arose around the world within several thousand years of each other is crazy. My point is just that humans have been around for a long time and the fact that the Aztecs were 1,500 more primitive than Europe doesn't intrinsically tell you whether they were "inferior" or not.

>some argued you weren't even humans and had no souls
No, some did not. No one argued this. The conservative opinion was then, as is now, to conquer. The liberals of the time didn't really care about America. Post-colonization, liberals were responsible for the reforms you're praising as "lifting up" Native Americans.
>Those would be the conservatives of that time reason triumphed blah blah blah
I'm still unclear on your basis for associating conquest with reason.

PS, they're not "my people" just because I'm defending them. I'm white.

Yep. It was a combination logogramatic/syllabic language. It was used a lot like Ancient Egyptian (very visually complicated and intricate, mostly used by priests and scribes). We only decoded it in the last few decades. You can read about it on Wikipedia and there's a good Nova episode about its decoding.

That's fine, but the Spanish didn't correct Mesoamerica's deficiencies and leave the rest. They forcibly obliterated every aspect of it and tried to convert everyone in New Spain to Catholicism.

>The conservative opinion was then, as is now, to conquer.
Do you have any source for this? Or do you just paint the ill-will of many men with the conservative brush? The traditional anthropology of Scholastic thought held that the Amerindians were rational, and therefore had rights, while the side that argued for the contrary based itself on new interpretations and philosophies.

>There are Latinos out here in the US and we get zero representation. ZERO /0.

Many aspects of Aztec culture where deficient, things like ritual sacrifice, polytheism (pantheism if you were an Aztec priest), harems for the elite, etc. Their nonexistence right now is a blessing, in my opinion.

No We Mexicans will pay for the wall because it is our obligation to the superior big white cock of the American man. We give in.

uma delicia

Ths thread is about the movie Coco, not about the monkey soup you had this morning.

>self hating mexicans

This is just... sad.

I like Mexico, but just because I like it doesnt mean I should approve of everything that happens here. I'm sure there are many things you dont currently like about your country.

>implying

Implying what? How is this related to the movie Coco?

Isn't this essentially The Book of Life?