>"You think you're the only hero in the world?"

>>"You think you're the only hero in the world?"
>>"I come to talk about the Avengers Initiative."
>>They haven't found Cap cause he was frozen.
>>Hulk was a wandering monster.
>>Thor hasn't come to Earth yet.

So what was Nick Fury's plan at the end of Iron Man? Was it just putting Tony, Natasha and Clint on a team?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X0ozHstG3zg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much. You can add it to the long list of plot holes in these shitty Marvel movies.

Maybe he was gonna put Hank Pym on the team. Maybe he knew about Jessica Jones. Or Luke? (not exactly sure on the timeline with Luke)

Fury is playing 4d chess like Trump; he knew they'd find cap and recruit Thor.

Don't ask how, just know it's possible because we saw Trump get into office when everyone hated him.

It is always darkest before the dawn.

It was obviously meta in that they'd eventually bring a bigger universe into play.

Bendis wrote that scene.

He was asking him literally. "Do you think you're the only hero in the world? Cause we really need more heroes. Pls. Pls"

Though they did already have Hawkeye and Black Widow.

>You should listen. What if I told you we were putting a team together?

What did Tony Stark meant by this?

Ant-Man!

He was trying to replicate the Super-Soldier Serum, or a viable alternative for supersoldiers in general, in a thousand ways.
Everyone was.
Banner himself was in some way trying to find it through gamma radiations.
Many other options were already available, I believe, because a man like Fury never walks in a room if he doesn't have a thousand back-up plans. He just needed some face for the upcoming party. A russian spy and some guy with a bow don't stand a chance in social relations when compared to a billionaire, playboy, etc who literally flies around in a metal sci-fi suit.
Also, he was talking about himself.

I didn't get why Tony was there instead of Fury. In IM2 he didn't even want anything to do with them.

I've read he was already planning to get the Hulk, Cap and Tony in the team. With possibly Clint and Widow as supports. Thor was just some guy that stumbled into this mess and improvised himself as an Avengers.

There was also some girl in Agent of Shield that was supposed to be in the original roster (in universe) but I couldn't tell much about it because I'm not watching that show.

The Ant-Man/Wasp characters also had existed for decades by that point.

Hank Pym told SHIELD/Starks to fuck off decades ago and refused to work for them though, and that Waap was "dead"

I think they explain it in The...Consultant,I believe it was called, and basically it was a favor IIRC.

FUCK YOU D.3.S. FROG
You frog cards are op and I hate you

There's a ine-shot dedicated to explaining exactly that. They wanted someone to piss Ross off so that he wouldn't give the WSC the Abomination.

he probably at least was looking for cap

IM2 wasnt supposed to happen. They fast tracked IM2 to buy time to develope Cap and Thor films. Avengers was going to be their next movie.

ant-man was in preproduction for years and him and wasp were going to be in avengers. they just ended up delaying him so much that they did the avengers without him.

Well, he clearly knew about past heroes like Ant-Man and the Wasp as well as Captain America, whether he knew they were about to recover Cap or not, and he already had Black Widow and Hawkeye actively working for him, so... it is actually reasonable to assume that he had a plan.

If you watched agents of shield you'd know that the world is full of people with powers and that they've been tracking them for decades and have used them as agents before.

I figured it was just a neat easter egg, Marvel really had no idea how well Iron Man was going to perform, no way they were planning on the whole MCU back then.

Yes they were.

Then they suck at planning

sauce

Why?

this

>its okay to not make sense because its meta!

I can't believe you marlels think this way

>He was trying to replicate the Super-Soldier Serum, or a viable alternative for supersoldiers in general, in a thousand ways.
>Everyone was.

All this headcannon, no where is this even mentioned. The closest you get is Ross doing it in the Hulk movie, but certainly not "everyone was." And NO WHERE does it say Fury was trying to.
Keep projecting that head canon though.

>because a man like Fury never walks in a room if he doesn't have a thousand back-up plans

Read more comics you stupid movie casual.

>Also, he was talking about himself.

g-guys it makes sense I s-swear!

At no point does he even make an attempt to join the Avengers or fight with them you stupid stupid cuck.

The OP literally explains why he couldnt have considered recruiting Cap because no on knew where he was yet, everyone thought he was dead.
Also, like the other guy said, Ant-Man and Wasp were clearly not options at that point.

>Was it just putting Tony, Natasha and Clint on a team?
Yes?
There was no Cap or Thor, but there was alno no galactic level threat at that point, so why would that be unreasonable?

They very much were NOT planning a cinematic universe back then, show some sauce on that pile of bullshit.
Also they suck because of OP's post you stupid idiot, its a big plot hole.

What makes you so sure about the timeline? Maybe they discovered Captain America just before Fury said this. And Hulk had just defeated Abomination heroically.

Because thats not a team, and they are already part of SHIELD, why make a special SHIELD squad thats just two SHIELD agents and an Iron Man?

You dont have to make yourself retarded to defend these movies, its okay to admit that they fucked up.

> Maybe they discovered Captain America just before Fury said this

They didn't though, re-watch the movies.
>And Hulk had just defeated Abomination heroically.

Aint shit heroic about it, they destroyed part of the city and Banner constantly regrets it.
Goddamn stop reaching so hard.

...such as?

>"You think you're the only hero in the world?
rthat was a nod to the comics and fans, and of course he knew about Cap, tony's daddy spent years searching for him, Fury was sure that Steve would turn up and that Banner could be convinced to join a good fight. he didn't account for Thor.

it's all in the first avengers movies you fucking idiot.

>I figured it was just a neat easter egg,
Problem is, Nick Fury comes out of nowhere in the middle of Iron Man 2, so it's a necessary Easter Egg.

>agents of non-canon

Why can't there be candidates that you don't know about? How do you know only the 3 of them were considered?
Also, you literally don't know a timeline, the only movies where another one is mentioned before the Avengers is Hulk and Iron Man, the other solo movies could have happened concurrently.
Basically, prove it's a plothole first.

>it was a not to comic fans

so its okay to be shitty because of meta reasons? Really?

>of course he knew about Cap, tony's daddy spent years searching for him, Fury was sure that Steve would turn up and that Banner could be convinced to join a good fight. he didn't account for Thor.

No he didnt know about Cap and he didnt have fucking faith in Banner. You are making all that shit up. Fury is paranoid and always has back up plans and doesnt trust anyone. And they clearly had not found cap by then, re-watch the movies. They don't find Cap until after Iron Man 2

>And Hulk had just defeated Abomination heroically.
Hulk didn't happen til Iron man 2. Remember Hulk's newscast in the Fury room?

>Why can't there be candidates that you don't know about

Oh so now you have to make up more head canon to justify your earlier shitty explanation?

Its okay to admit these movies are shit.
>Also, you literally don't know a timeline

But neither do you so its a moot point to make, and there is far more evidence of Cap not being found at that point since he isnt mentioned until after we physically see him being rescued from the ice.
>the other solo movies could have happened concurrently

well now I know you are being retarded because they clearly show how they don't using the one shot tie ins and that part where the Thor movie mentions what happened in Incredible Hulk and the other little nods like that.
>Basically, prove it's a plothole first.

the OP is doing just that you dumb ass

You
got btfo you stupid marvel cuck

even coulson say "this aint my first rodeo" well wath was your first rodeo then fucker

Just because the movie came out after Iron Man 2 doesn't mean shit. Also fuck off with this "rewatch the movies hurrdurr" faggotry, either name the exact line that dates it after Iron Man 2 or fuck off.

Couldon said it to Cap in the avengers I think

son, the burden of proof lies on you.

How about you prove that it happens before then? Show me ANY proof of that? Everything else happens chronologically so why would finding cap not be?
You cant just project your head canon and tell others to disprove it, you have to prove its true.

source it then, and prove how that means Fury was trying to do it so?

yup you are rigth the other user forgot his litium or something

You made the initial argument about a plot hole with your OP, prove it faggot, stop running away with your shitty bait responses.

I wasnt OP, but you dont get to suddenly say "well the rest happen chronologically except this part because I say so"

Source it, and how does it in anyway prove that Fury was trying to replicate it?

I really like that, I think sometimes it's best to just make fun of plotholes

>its okay for my movies to have plotholes just because!

>anyone who disagrees with me is bipolar and crazy!

goddamn, you marvelcucks are so sensative

the guy coud check the scene by himself but instead he is typing raging autism, stop witheknigthing anons fucker

That one time when he and Furt had to deprogram and defuse a nuclear super robot with only a circus lion, a fleshlight, and the mockingbirds g-string.

SHIELD nigga

how is asking for a source autism?

Ehhhh I just stumbled into the thread and thought I remembered couslon saying to Cap about Hulk "he was trying to recreate esrkins formula, everyone was" or something

But I think this argument is dumb as fug

Its gotta suck being contrarian. Someone who simply doesnt like the movies wouldnt care enough to watch or talk about them, but to hate it cause its popular...thats so much effort just to be butthurt and "different"

Get well soon!

>g-gaaaaah he disagreed with me!!! REEEE!!!

come on you stupid marvelcucks

>Ehhhh I just stumbled into the thread
>IP doesn't go up

nice try, also I didn't rewatch any of the movies, hence asking for a source, which apparently now qualifies as being a contrarian?

im not gona spoonfeed nobody and the source was the fucking avengers movie instead of typing go check the fucking scene by yourself fatass

>sourcing your arguments is spoonfeeding

I want you casual newfags to leave, is it so hard to find a clip on youtube?

>triggered

how is that an argument? im just teling you wath happens in a scene you are the one who dont belive it and isnt my job to prove you wrong fuckboy

so you cant even type into youtube? Sad.

And even if it coulson did mention it, how does it prove that Fury was also replicating the formula? Like was previously mentioned by someone, of course we saw Ross trying to replicate it in IH, but in no way is there proof that Fury was trying to do it too.

Isn't it canon that the entire first wave is happening all within the same week?

Even if that were true, Iron Man still happens first, so the OP's point stands.

Fury knew of Cap because of SHIELD, which Howard Stark founded alongside others.

Tony Stark shows up in Incredible Hulk, that movie also sets up Cap with all the super soldier talk. It came out the same year as Iron man.

I get that it was almost 10 years ago but come on, you can't be that young.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X0ozHstG3zg

Now the troll will say thats not good enough because its not definitively tying his inquery together from this one small line in avengers to the after credits easter egg in Ironman.

A few anons will continue to take the bait in a tragic contest if trolling.

All the while we know it was just an easter egg telling fans there are bigger plans, and have since established through their various movies and TV programs that the line is acceptable and in fact plot hole free, it is the specifics of Furys plan can still be argued.

Why bother reading what ifs when they're already watching the main universe though?

Stark was in Hulk, which came out not that much later. And at least a Cap movie was coming by that point.

IM2, Hulk, and Thor all happen at the same time.

Shield has been monitoring powered artifacts and people for decades. Coulson even hinted they knew the previous Ghost Rider. Stark just revealed himself very publicly and became something of a lightning rod for challengers or whatever the explanation was.

No, actually Ant-Man happens first, in the 60s, so OP is retarded.

>Starts pulling chronological order into the conversation
>60s is before fucking world war 2

(You)

It was jusdt a dumb line to get you hyped up and ready to spend money on movies later

>People spend decades trying to replicate pym particles
>Spend years trying to replicate Stark tech
>Countries just ignored the SS possibilities

Does a movie really need to spell everything out?

but then why were all the Avengers recruits people who appeared after Stark?

(actually do we know that Cap was found after Stark came out? Avengers 1 seemed to imply that SHIELD had him for a bit but he just wasn't allowed out in the world post-thawing)

Clealry they do or I wouldnt keep asking! I am obviously a huge autist that needs everything drawn out and explained or else prepair for my wrath via tantrum and demands! I have to go now! There is a dick in my butt!

as previously stated Hank had already said fuck you to SHIELD so no way was Fury counting on Ant-Man being part of his Avengers

stark was in an after credit scene which easily could have been filmed and added after the success of Iron Man

I think it's meant to be ambiguous when Cap was found. The shield Tony was fucking with in IM2 could have been him having fun on hearing the news Captain America was back as an in-universe explanation beyond an easter egg.
As for Avengers, they're public special forces or something. Shield has plenty of agents and such but no one knows about them, ie Coulson still being alive. They are there to send a message seemingly with Fury's cryptic message about "every world knows it".

he has a realy willing daughter doe

What I never got was the whole "The Avengers initiative is dead" thing in the first Avengers movie.

Why was it dead?

like ive been saying it STILL doesn't prove Fury was trying to make Super Soldiers, and even if he was he definitely didn't succeed so they wouldnt be part of his Avengers team.

it is still a plothole that Fury's grand plan was to put a man in a suit and two agents together into a team to do.... well he wasn't sure but he sure knew he would need them eventually!!
But you keep on being a marvelcuck and looking down your nose at internet strangers, bet it really makes you feel good.

If were going to make assumptions based on the only info given at the time...Fury could have been planning on Hulk, based on what widow says to him in A1. Its a risk but when times are desperate its the right risk.

Also yea, I think post thawed Cap was adjusting to being flung into the future within Shield facilities during the events of Ironman. It would be a stretch but the only other alternative is that he was thawed, took a walk, went to the gym, and then aliens invaded all in the same day...which if thats what you believe Roa help you.
And yes he had super spies, and now a man developed super tech, I could see making an effective fuck up all threats team from just a handful of agents with stark tech.

So Fury could have meant a number of things, but I think his loose working plan was "find powered/skilled people with more or less good moral standing, use powered/skilled people to fight off other powered/skilled people"

Pretty sure Fury was just playing the arms race better

are you retarded? The guy who are responding to flat out says Ross was making Super Soldiers, and obviously that was the whole point of the Winter Soldier program, but was specifically saying that there is no proof that Fury was doing it.

Goddamn, you idiots will argue against anything, even against points you agree with.

Because the movies are shit and lack forethought, they put that in there to sound cool

because the world council was afraid they coudnt control them i supose

>all this headcanon

pathetic

>implaying you can deny any of it

The guy set up a decent troll thread. There is no specific scene in the MCU that shows Fury actively working on a super soldier. But thats become the focal point of the entire arguement, when it was

>>what did fury mean by other super heroes existing before Ironman

Now the question and "plothole" spawned by this was
>>what other heroes exist to make a team out of

If you want to be intentionally stupid about it and say if its not spelled out for me directly then I dont get it, then you are still left with an answer, you just think its dumb: The Avengers! Staring Ironman, Hawkguy, and Widow!

So no plot hole, but lets keep this thread going! Move those goalposts!

The entire thread is pretty much refuting all your Marvel/Disney intern/shills and your BS head canon (which is about as real as the coms that were being used by Clint, Natasha, Steve, Thor (and, certainly Bruce once he got there, you SAW Natasha hand him him his con, RIGHT???)
>reading

If he's putting a team together he still has to start somewhere. Tony could have just been the first.