SOUTH PARK: THE FRACTURED BUT WHOLE DELAYED AGAIN BY UBISOFT

>ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-delayed-again-by-ubisoft

>Ubisoft's upcoming South Park: The Fractured But Whole has been pushed back again.

>During an earnings report today, Ubisoft said the game is now scheduled to release in its next fiscal year. Ubisoft's fiscal year will run from April 1, 2017 until March 31, 2018, meaning we won't be heading on down to South Park until at least April.

>CEO Yves Guillemot said the game is being developed cooperatively between Ubisoft and another company, which has slowed down the development process.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tV1RQ-xxvas?t=177
youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI
youtube.com/watch?v=KhBMd4YbIzk
youtube.com/watch?v=J0qXRy9rwSc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Damn. Still looking forward to that one. I hope these delays don't speak of the quality of the final product. The first game was good, exactly what I wanted it to be.

Considering how much Stick of Truth was delayed too I'm not surprised.

It makes me laugh that they ever thought it would be out by December.

>bash Trump
>start failing massively
Cuck Park BTFO

It begins.

The game better be twice the length of SoT at this point.

You have to be 18+ to use this website reddit.

I hope they make a Switch Version, lord knows I don't have time to play these games in my house anymore.

Christ, have they learned nothing from SoT?

I really hope this means that the game will actually run well at launch unlike every other Ubi game released in the last decade.

I don't remember there being any issues with SoT when it launched.

SoT wasn't originally developed by Ubi either.

SoT's delay was more Obsidian being Obsidian and THQ blowing up though.

You mean minus the million delays it also had?

FUCK THIS FUCKING SHIT
FUCK YOU UBISOFT
FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT COMPANY
THEY'LL STILL RELEASE A FUCKING ASSASSINS CREED OR A FUCKING WATCH DOGS, YOU CAN BET ON THAT
BUNCH OF FUCKING COCK SUCKERS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They need more time for the Trump jokes to be added.

Cant say Im surprised, the last one got delayed for a year. Still will be playing this day one, but obvioulsy you got to be a suckr to preorder even with Stick of Truth for free, which I think they took out that particular gift.

What? They undid that pre-order bonus?

Only that particular bonus, which was the best one. If i remember correctly they took it out around the firsts delay near xmas.

>THEY'LL STILL RELEASE A FUCKING ASSASSINS CREED OR A FUCKING WATCH DOGS, YOU CAN BET ON THAT

Actually WD2 under performed, so probably not. And they also want to take a break on AC, specially since the movie fucking sucked.

>The game better be twice the length of SoT at this point.
>Ubisoft
What do you think.

watch dogs 2 was fun as shit, I'd be okay with another

>And they also want to take a break on AC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
hahahahahahahahaha

Gamestop as of this moment still clams it's available. Granted, they seem to have no faith in the game's release and bumped the release date to the end of 2017, but still. I have a friend who pre-ordered just so he could get the digital copy of the first game too, so now I need to figure out if they're lying or not.

Samefagging, then again the code says it expires at the end of March and the game won't even be out then, so it's probably worthless even if it's in the box. Damn it.

But he's not wrong. They took a break already with that exact reasoning. It doesn't mean there isn't likely one this year, but they very fucking clearly took a break.

I said 'when it launched'.

Eh, that sucks but it's not like I needed yet another game to play in the coming months. The first half of this year is already too densely packed with new shit I want to play.

Like what?
This and Yooka Laylee are pretty much the only games I'm looking forward to at the moment.

>take a break on AC, specially since the movie fucking sucked
>the movie
>fucking sucked
Of fucking course it did! When will people learn?

All they had to do was make a movie about Ezio and have some flashback moments with Altair in there and the movie would have done really well with the AC fans.

Well for me I'm looking forward to Horizon, Nier, Zelda, Yooka-Laylee, Persona 5, Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 for the first half of the year. Maybe that new Prey game as well if it turns out to be good but I'm iffy on that one.

This first half is filled with mediocrity for the most part. The best things coming out are Breath of the Wild, Yooka Laylee and Sonic Mania.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Tekken finally comes out. That's gonna be breddy gud

Switch version please.

*autistic screeching*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I could see the delay happening because of it, the game is not graphically demanding and I would love to play it while in the shitter. Facing inwards of course.

Naturally.

>Facing inwards of course.
>Switch on the basin held up by the kickstand
True comfort shitting.

Delays can only really help a game, I don't give a shit about new release games so I can wait as long as it takes.

>Delays can only really help a game
That depends on what exactly is causing the delays.
Most of the time they just rectify the issue, ship out the game and fix everything else with a huge patch.

Hey, at least now the references can be extremely dated, rather than just a little.

Logically that's true, but they can also be a bad sign. Outside factors getting in the way of development, and ultimately reducing the quality as more people get involved and others leave and they become focused on just trying to push it out to end delays.

SoT is not dated because it references past South Park seasons. I imagine FbW will do the same plus season 18, 19 and maybe 20 (though the later would really, really date it)

Well this sucks. Season 20 was so terrible it took out most of the enjoyment I got out of SP. I was really hoping the FBW would at least get me interested again so I'd give season 21 a shot.

I remember an interview saying they were adding things form season 20 to the game. I wonder if that has delayed it further. I hope they just saw it wasn't leading up to anything and will pretend it doesn't exist.

Fuck man that's not cool

What do Trey and Matt have to say

>I remember an interview saying they were adding things form season 20 to the game.

That sounds fake, or you are miss remembering things.
The season was running as they were working on the game, I doubt they really had time to add S20 to the game, even with all the delays.

youtu.be/tV1RQ-xxvas?t=177

>The season is running and we are watching the episodes [...] And there's not really much of that that's impacting us.
>We were taking notes on season 19. Now in season 20 our story is pretty locked

>Garrison Trump boss
>PC Principal boss
>Bill Clinton fight
What are the odds of any of this happening?

I'd be butthurt but that would just be too much irony.

not him, but for me the big one is the SEA English version of Super Robot Wars V coming out in a couple weeks;

youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI

youtube.com/watch?v=KhBMd4YbIzk

youtube.com/watch?v=J0qXRy9rwSc

>I hope these delays don't speak of the quality of the final product.
Delays usually mean a better game, so I hope it does.

T-this means the-they'll work extra hard to make the game good, right? Like maybe add a romance system.

Not in my experience.

If a game gets delayed it's 100% not because they are adding something but because the game is currently absolutely unplayable.

And seeing how this is Ubi, it's probably still gonna be a buggy mess that needs a patch before you can actually play it at launch.

One of the privileges afforded to Matt and Trey that other developers don't get is that they can do whatever they want, because without them there is no game and Ubisoft knows that. So if they want more time just to make the game better, Ubisoft can't say no and risk them walking off.

Well at least indont have to worry about money for April now

I don't understand the reasoning here, references to Donald Trump are more dated than references to Al Gore?

>mfw the delay is Matt and Trey convincing Eric Stough to speak his fucking lines

Really had to rework things to take out the Hillary Clinton plotpoints, I see.

Al Gore pushed the Global Warming agenda until it became a world-wide panic. As long as that myth still exists, he's relevant.

>tfw I'll probably preorder the Ultimate Edition of I2 because of this delay

>mfw I already pre-ordered the ultimate edition

After last season and after the things i've heard about the game i cant even be bothered to care anymore. Last game was alright but super shallow and short and i've heard nothing thus far that gave me hope for the new game. Especially if the quality is anything like last season of the show itself it will be a train wreck.

Better for a game to be delayed and come out working properly, than come out on time and be a buggy POS. At least having a game that works when you buy it will set it apart from the competition.

What's the chances that you can romance Butters? And if you romance Tweek, will Craig get jealous?

stan looks like he can't decide between cheerleaders or sluts as his fetish

It's got to be cheerleaders. Sluts can be gross. All SP sluts so far have been worst girl. The hooters girl, Wendy after she got a boob job, that succubus, and of course Rebecca.

unlikely as it would be, it'd be neat if they stuck a reference in to the Photoshop fad from The Hobbit in somewhere

It's just like how tumblr draws 10 and 11 year old girls. With breasts, hips and retarded amounts of makeup.

honestly that's not that far off from how 10-12 year old girls are these days, the PS designs are honestly more accurate than the normal ones these days

Reminder that if you didn't stick with Butters for the majority of SoT you're a cocksucker

You're also a cocksucker if you betrayed Cartman at any point

>unlikely
There'll definitely be something somewhere referencing it. Maybe not a direct reference as far as like Stan requesting Wendy do it to herself or whatever idk

it's not opposite day people may take you seriously user

There'll be a junk item referencing it. Like a Jelly Monster story book or something.

Depends on who's doing it. Obsidian and the other children of Interplay and ID the husk known as Bioware not withstanding it usually means a better story experience and ironed out bugs and mechanics.

But yea Ubisoft and some unknown co-developer it may be a problem.

It looks more like he's just weirded out by them.

Jessie Rodriguez was best girl in SoT and I hope she's back desu

I just want to romance Stan as my own Sir Douchebag.

First game was delayed, too.

I don't remember this.

Probably old promo material. The game went through a lot of cut / altered content.