I watch the dumpster fire that is Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

i watch the dumpster fire that is Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
one thing stood out among the shit was how Laureline was a complete and utter bitch
yes he come off like a creep trying to come on to her attitude toward him was contemptible
>nearly gets him killed twice both times he forgives her
>shits on him and his ability every chance she gets even after he rescues her
>blue shape changer dies to help her but she gives no fucks
>gets angry at him for having a soul of a pearl in him he didn't know much about and continues to insult him and his manhood
>talks him into throwing out his career just cause of love, give over a rare and dangerous animal to unknowable race
why did he wanna marry this harpy. i would rather throw her out a air lock

I don't know man but have you heard of these great things called commas?

nope
sorry i should take more care but this movie was so bad and the characters so unlikable pissed me

I still kind of want to give it a go just to look at something big and colourful that isn't some fucking comic book movie. To answer your question, the stroppy tough chick is a trope you should be used to by now.

i love that trope but there is a thin line between stroppy tough chick and complete bitch, laureline shits on that line, she is completely unlikable, like every character in this film, except the blue changeling

let's start with the most obvious flaw of your post:
>her

>some fucking comic book movie

Its literally a French comic

it is a comic book movie

Seems like it actually made you forget proper English. I will avoid this movie, thanks for TOFTT.

???? dont get it

I was fine with her. She worked well enough when she could do her femme fatale routine. Whenever the move expected more from her she had trouble but it rarely ever did.

DeHaan, on the other hand, was pretty awful. The role would have required someone like a young Tom Cruise or Brandon Frasier, someone who has that sort of swashbuckling, overconfident Bravado to pull of this kind of of character. DeHaan looked like he had no idea what he was doing.

all tropes are neutral - it's about whether they're appropriate for the tone and/or message the movie is trying to create.
If you have two main characters in a movie like this then they should be a likeable tough chick - like Ripley or Moana
The former is tough and unsexy, no-nonsense
The latter is a consistent rule-breakers who disregards to advice of her parents and is not satisfied
if they were massive cunts they would be boring to watch and we'd focus on their negative traits, and that would be bad writing for the film in question
but they're nice people, or at least, interesting.

Valerian is literally a comic book movie

you wel come person

I agree. The guy was so miscast it hurt. It pulled you out of every scene.

As Bubble 's was dying she was making the "as if" face, I mean total bitch+ anti acting skill, a straight face would've been better.

The most retarded thing was how she had the super suit which allowed the guy to rip through steel and shit with ease and still just surrendered to the aliens. Useless on every level

damn this is almost prequels tier

She's designed to cater to 3rd wave feminist cunts, ugly, unlikeabe, mean and stronker than ever despite looking like an anorexic child

i disagree, and i am particularly sensitive to this kind of stuff. i'm also heavily anti-feminist.

other than the ending, when she made him hand the creature over (that was fucked) i thought the rest was just flirty banter

Dehaan was the better of the two leads.

women can't fi-

well, that shit she was wearing is literally powerarmor

and there's no marketing intent there, really. Her daddy is rich so shes an actress. She has no acting range so shes a giant cunt in everything.

even more disturbing that being an actress she is also a model...

this is a modern day speed racer. a fucking masterpiece that won't be appreciated for years.

my eyes are still rock hard.

I liked it, it was fun

OY VEY REMEMBER THE 6 MILLION PEARLS

IT'S FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG TO PROTECT YOUR OWN PEOPLE, DESTROY YOUR ECONOMY FOR SPACE REFUGEES YOU DUMB GOYIM

SOMETHING... ABOUT... COLONIALISM?

its no expanse thats for sure.

modeling is the easiest career to buy into.

>dumpster fire
Liberals talk like this. Go back