What's your favorite film frame of all time?

What's your favorite film frame of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOLZMr52Wcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that from Dark Shadows?

>not them going out the tunnel and the smoke from his cig slowly drifting towards the sky as "Only You" plays in the background

No and fuck you for the implication.

Beautiful. Too bad the script and acting were shit

It's that same shot. The moment you're describing is a combination of many frames and the audio, not just one frame.

I know, but
>favorite film frame

Yes.

Acting was poor but still my favourite film, pure comfy and absolutely beautiful

>come out the same year as Seven Samurai
>similar in motifs and themes

How unlucky can one film be?

I couldn't stomach it, but I get the following.

>acting was shit
What was shit about it? I know they're acting weird but that's in line with the movie's comedic take on that whole era

I think Kubrick’s choice of O’Neal was really badly judged, guy couldn’t even do a proper Irish accent and was way too wooden

>was way too wooden
Are you really going to say that, especially given the scene when his son dies? Hell, he still gave acting a go in other parts of the film - I thought he was believable when the general he grew up with died.
And O'Neal wasn't the only actor in the film - what was wrong with Lady Lyndon's acting?

That one? Really?

If he was wooden, she was Ikea.

nearly every frame of this film is pretty it was hard to decide

kek

beginners

>I told you I ain't never going back ;_;

Unironically.

I think Fincher was a fan of Angel's Eg

>flickering, Dave hears a voice

[prerecorded message speaking through TV on board Discovery while Bowman looks on] Good day, gentlemen. This is a prerecorded briefing made prior to your departure and which for security reasons of the highest importance has been known on board during the mission only by your H-A-L 9000 computer. Now that you are in Jupiter's space and the entire crew is revived it can be told to you. Eighteen months ago the first evidence of intelligent life off the Earth was discovered. It was buried 40 feet below the lunar surface near the crater Tycho. Except for a single very powerful radio emission aimed at Jupiter the four-million year old black monolith has remained completely inert. Its origin and purpose are still a total mystery.

I really liked the mood of all the exterior shots in Alien 3

three colours red

bulbblegum photoshoot

eyes wide shut

masked ball

just beautiful - i saw kubrick original 35mm print and the blur ray and dvd do not do it justice

>they wanted to do it on some silly wooden library thing
>people complain endlessly that what's his face and annoying kid died

Plebs the lot of them. I mean look at this

Beautiful frame. Calls to mind that moment in the film and the greatness of Kambei's character.

Orgasmic-tier cinematography in this movie.

THIS!!

Indeed brother

how does every shot in this movie look like a painting

Unironically Blade Runner.

Kubrick hand-painted every scene by himself over the course of twenty years

One of the most iconic sci-fi films. Pic related is one of my favorite scenes

Wonderful and tragic scene. Good final closing frame.

Dark Shadows is actually great if you were implying it isn't.

sauce?

I don't have the full frame but it's this moment from Ben-hur. Great moment of acting from a literally who.

Jej

>how do I image search I am retard DURRRRR

Actually I feel most of it is kind of ugly lighting wise. Great film, though.

why does he have chocolate syrup on his face?

what is this? help a pleb out

you're not actually far off

Did you just call Barry Lyndon's script and acting shit?

Hehehehe

I did - it didn't seem to work so I thought I'd ask in the thread. Do you actually know what it comes from or are you just content to yell shit at me from the sidelines like a jackass?

I love the film noir aesthetic

If you're interested enough to watch a video about it. youtube.com/watch?v=WOLZMr52Wcc

No one is saying it didn't have pretty shots in the film, and the story is still pretty shit regardless of what it looks like.

That's not a frame

desu you're not wrong the lighting is weird and kind of inconsistent/too dark sometimes I like it though

is that society?

That's fucking beautiful.

Yes

I'm not a Catholic, much less a Christian, but god damn I sympathized with his character. This movie was great.

does it need to be film or can it be from a televsion series as well? i like this shot from the sopranos, season 3, episode 12.

the wooden planet idea sounded great, i wish they had tried it

source?

separate tv board now

>JUSTice league will never be that serious

mos is the last good capeshit. There won't be more of it

The last good capeshit is The Incredibles, darling

If that ever happened, Sup Forums would be for pleb shit and /film/ would be for "serious" films.

Sup Forums takes themselves too seriously and never watches fun horror movies from the 80s. It's always the vvitch or some other newer horror that looks like shit

Reminds me of this.

Did the wizard of oz just tell dorothy that she had to eat ALL the eggs?

The introduction of the death star was pretty great. The star destroyer emerging from shadow in front of a starfirld that turns out to be the death star.

Although, for the record, this is clearly the best of LOTR.

This is pure kino