Fuck Jerome

When's the last time the Joker actually made you laugh?

My ideal Joker is one that would set up his crime scenes in such a ludicrous way, so that when the cops arrive, they would be unable to suppress their laughter and immediately feel immense self-loathing for finding light of a gruesome situation.

Joker is not suppose to be funny you idiot.

He's supposed to make jokes tho just uncomfortable ones

I don't want to laugh, I want to feel disgusted that someone could find humor in torture.

>When's the last time the Joker actually made you laugh?
Yesterday.

I watched "Justice League Action", the episode where Joker makes jokes to Mongul. Pretty funny.

He literally does that in one of the Golden Age comics. He commits crimes in such a ridiculous way that his victims don't feel like pressing charges.

Then why is the best version of the Joker ever hilarious?

Didn't completely read your comment, so point slightly withdrawn.
I guess my point is, I miss over-the-top Silver Age Joker. There was just this air of whimsy to him. Though I liked Jerome.

>When's the last time the Joker actually made you laugh?
reread DKR recently. still think the fake crying was pretty funny.

Looks like hes flipping the bird in that picture.

>DCAU
>Best anything
Casual pls go.

Are you really implying that Gotham and BvS are better than BTAS?

I'm not sure what the most recent time was, but TDK's Joker actually had some pretty good ones when he was fucking with the mob bosses.

Nice try, shitposter.
Any adaptation is for casuals by default.

>How about a magic trick?

Yeah but what was the last comic where the Joker wasn't shit?

Morrison's Run

Nice try. Morrison's the one who ruined both The Joker and Batman. Everything everybody hates nowadays about those two characters was done by Morrison.

Morrison didn't "ruin" the Joker or Batman any more than Miller or Moore did. His less-talented imitators Snyder did that

Morrison came up with the edgy Joker bullshit and every writer has been aping him since
Without Morrison Joker would still be written by Dini

It's the Watchmen effect. Morrison created an extremely divergent and self-examining version of the characters that were used to tell an excellent story, but when those versions were aped by less talented creators, it's worse than ever.

and he reverted Joker to a more classic take pretty shortly thereafter

I would like a take on the Joker where's he just a guy that likes to fuck with peoples. Like he would steal a kid's homework, or mess up the streets lights so it always shines red or whatever. Stupid shits that doesn't warrant Batman to be in his ass but where he's kinda forced to be in the off chance the Joker truly goes nuts and starts murdering people.
While this could still hold to be true in-universe, it could be treated as he's a funny character to the reader. While not making him a stupid Deadpool clone, there's thing that can be inspired by him. Being a funny character to us but not to everyone else in the comic.

Basically what I really want is for the Joker to go back to his root a little and to diverge from his edgy and dark spin that we got for years. I'm really tired of this character and I feel all his stories never changes. More than anyone in the Bat universe, he needs a positive changes to make him fresh.