What does Sup Forums think ?

What does Sup Forums think ?
I wasnt around here when the movie hit the cinema
Also tarantino thread

I thought it was legitimately great, with the exception of one tiny indulgence on Tarantino's part.

I really liked it, what I was most amazed by was Jennifer Jason Leigh performance, Been ages since I saw Single White Female but her character in this made that one look like a girl scout. Getting context for the black dingus scene I saw spammed ages back when the script was leaked (never read it) was pretty good.
Kurt Russell's mustache was amazing and Walton Goggins was fantastic, wish he did more westerns

>tfw the bbc meme was only just heating up when this showed

tarantino stealing our shit

I think 3 hours is too long for a movie that's set almost entirely in one room. I still enjoyed it, but I prefer a bit of variance

It's my favourite Tarantino film.
It's not perfect or anything, and some stupid decisions were made (putting Tatum's name in the opening credits being a major one), but overall I just really enjoyed it. There was a nice atmosphere in the cinema, which I haven't experienced often.

I think the ending jumped the shark a bit. It was all cool and talkative until they ramp the thing to 11 in the last part. I won't say the movie took itself seriously before then, but the ending is borderline slapstick, jeezus.

actually pleasantly suprised. i hated django so much. didnt thing tarantino would return ever

loved the intmiate feeling of it just like a stage play.

great characterisation

also very anti femmenist

hang

Did the nigger get shot in the balls or did he shoot someone's else scrotum? I can't remember

Just went to see it because of westerns and tarantino
It will never surpass Jackie Brown

Maybe he shot someone else's, but his were definitely shot.

this. the movie is legit confy and i watched it together with the revenant all in one comfy night. one of the best nights i've ever had

Much better than expected after the abomination that was Django. Somehow wasn't spoiled and was legit surprised at the coffee scene.

>There was a nice atmosphere in the cinema
How was the atmosphere when you’re all white audience watched the big black dingus scene.

Wasn't his bbc shot out of his pants though?

cringe after cringe watching cartoony yet at the same time dull characters spin their wheels for three hours
the narration nearly had me shut it off and the climax wasn't remotely tense

I didn't think there was much atmosphere in the cinema when it came to that scene - it was more in the last act when the bloodshed begins.
When that Mexican was killed some people were laughing, whilst others were noticeably uncomfortable with the gore. Fairly entertaining.

It was his murder mystery meets Western. I think that sadly most Americans are too focused on race and ignored the writing and characters, overly focusing on the "sucked my black johnson" scene.

felt a little letdown when it turns out it was actually the Hateful Nine

pretty good pleb filter

Beginning and Ending were aces, but the middle dragged and the entire flashback segment of the bandits taking over the haberdashery was terribly protracted; some quick cuts to the past as Jackson belts out what probably happened would have been just as effective. I get what it was going for, having you experience the tension, frustration, and cabin fever with the cast, but that's a trick that only really works once given how visually uninteresting the rest of the film is.

How did they spend so much money on one big bottle episode with such a small cast?

Morricone's soundtrack is polished and well-made, but terribly forgettable. You wouldn't exert the time or effort to dredge his tracks up from memory as they're simultaneously complex and unremarkable apart from the craftsmanship

Cast was all right and bounced off one another well. But the sluggishness of the movie makes it so that even abrupt acts of violence against these characters can rouse you from your stupor until the action is all ready over apart from the deaths of Ruth and Daisy's brother.

I thought it was pretty good aside from two things. First was the part where the dude's head explodes, because I thought it was just a little outlandish. I had no issue with the gore but it just looked really fake and I mean what kind of revolver from back then could Samuel Jackson's character been using to literally just reduce a human head to nothing like that? They could've kept the gore and just had it blow off the guy's face or something like that. But the second thing that I couldn't look past was the way they talk about how Minnie hated Mexicans so much but then later when they do the flashback part, she doesn't seem to give a fuck at all when she meets senior bob. There were some other minor things that bugged me but those two were the only major ones.

BIG BLACK DINGUS was spammed for like 2 weeks straight. No one talked about the movie, they only talked about that.

Abysmal writing and one-dimensional characters, a recycled plot which is not surprising from Tarantino, and the usual "homages". Not even Morricone's soundtrack can save it and its also one of the less inspired he has ever written, but how could a real Artist be inspired by such creative void of a director.

I love how the movie was on torrents first, and tarantula got mad.
I liked the movie, liked the setting.

>
>also very anti femminist

What do you mean by this

I think it was supposed to be a fluke on slj's part because he is all about lying and bluffing

I want to say I don't like Tarantino but his movies are all so fun

>How did they spend so much money on one big bottle episode with such a small cast?
by smashing a priceless guitar

Just admit it, Tarantula is a good director, he knows what he's doing and he does it well. We're still talking about B-movies but fuck me he's good

>Walton Goggins was fantastic

the guy absolutely styled all over other cast