Doctor Who General /who/

Kino edition

Turned into a pickle:

Other urls found in this thread:

orig00.deviantart.net/789f/f/2013/226/2/c/the_doctor_10_by_timelordparadox-d6i4i8r.jpg
digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a809302/david-tennants-10th-doctor-who-is-voted-the-best-tv-character-of-the-21st-century-after-a-tense-battle/
thethings.com/15-reasons-why-ten-is-our-favorite-doctor-from-doctor-who/
theodysseyonline.com/10-reasons-why-david-tennant-is-the-best-doctor
twitter.com/JodieWHITTAKE14/status/926779237369081856
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>making rick 10 when he already naturally looks like 12
fuck I'm mad now

Delet this.

This, he just looks weird with brown hair.

Consider this: the only Doctors with televised "eras" who don't have an original monster/villain recurring within their own era are 7 and 12.

>One - Daleks
>Two - Cybermen
>Three - The Master
>Four - Davros
>Five - The Mara
>Six - Sil
>Seven - ?
> Eight (no televised era)
>Nine - Slitheen
>Ten - Ood
>Eleven - The Silence
>Twelve - ?

Interestingly, 12 and 7 are arguably among the Doctors with the most kino characterisation. The lesson to be learned from this is when the show draws focus away from the monsters the characterisation becomes far more kino.

Yeah but 10 is a qt.

Even though it physically appears in one story, would you say that Fenric is 7's recurring villain since its influence is in several episodes?

I just realised that the Cybermen technically aren't a Second Doctor monster. The Yeti/Great Intelligence still apply though so the post still makes sense

Fuck it, I'm skipping this thread

Not if he doesn't appear more than once
but the kino nature of that storyline furthers my point

cringe fanart thread?

They Cybermen appear in 4 stories, so I think it's fair for them to be there.

Missy
>inb4 not an original character
She is an incarnation of the Master that's unique to 12's era though.

Wasn't that just the writer or script editor retconning him into previous episodes though?

Yeah, probably. I'd personally count it but for the sake of this conversation I'll agree with you + other user

I know, but they debuted in a Hartnell story. They're so strongly associated with Troughton I forgot that. But yeah, I'm going with the Yeti as the Troughton Monster.

I agree, missy counts as 12's recurring threat

>Seven
The Rani?

Ahh, but then the same would be true of Simm for Ten, which I wouldn't consider for inclusion at all.

But, as I said with the Fenric storyline, Missy's arc is characterkino and she doesn't fill a fully antagonistic role after Series 8.

orig00.deviantart.net/789f/f/2013/226/2/c/the_doctor_10_by_timelordparadox-d6i4i8r.jpg

Reminder that the doctor never found out missy was actually going to come back and fight alongside him

Debuted in a Six story, and only appeared in 1 Seven story

Do you think missy will appear in capaldi's final episode in some form? Even just a companion hallucination?

Further discussion: which monster/villain from Seven and Twelves era deserved a reappearance?
Fenric is a good one, but personally a return of the Kandyman wouldn't have been unwelcome.
As for Twelve, either of Mathieson's big monster ideas seem ripe with potential. And I still would've loved to have seen GUS as an actual presence in Oxygen.

I haven't thought about it for months but now I'm reminded and I can't get over how fucking GOAT of a finale weat/tdf was. Moff really hit it out of the park and if the christmas special is as GOAT as it looks he might have actually pulled of the perfect departure not only of a doctor but also a showrunner

She definitely should imo
Maybe a vision of her urging the Doctor to live to parallel The Caves of Androzani with the whole "DIE DOCTOR, DIE" thing. this would also add extra meaning to the Doctor regenerating into a grill

I'm sad we'll probably never see the Boneless again. Flatline was so fucking good.

I'm sure Big Finish would pick it up eventually, but it's a bit of a shame cos they're a visual monster as much as the Weeping Angels are. But I hear BF's Angels story is good, so who nose

>Maybe a vision of her urging the Doctor to live to parallel The Caves of Androzani
oh fuck that would be kino

Was SuperWhoLock really as big a thing as everyone says it was?

y e s

whoLock was, I can't speak for supernatural

>he's like fire and ice and rage

I'd say that's justified in Simm's case because his Master was really played up as the return of something big from the classic series, but Moffat tried to make Missy stand on her own more. He doesn't even clarify the continuity between her and Simm until her last episode.

why is that about the tenth doctor and not the doctor altogether?

Decided to check out the new Lethbridge-Stewart website
www.lethbridge-stewart.co.uk/timeline/
Just how far deep into this are these guys?
Nice of them to include Downtime

>the Haisman Estate reserves the right to pick which unauthorised uses of their properties they consider part of the official multiverse timeline.
Imagine having the power to decide what is canon

digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a809302/david-tennants-10th-doctor-who-is-voted-the-best-tv-character-of-the-21st-century-after-a-tense-battle/

thethings.com/15-reasons-why-ten-is-our-favorite-doctor-from-doctor-who/

>A couple weeks ago, we explored Doctor Who and I tried to convinced all my readers that Rose is, in fact, the best companion the Doctor had ever had. This week, we’re going back into the Doctor Who-niverse but this time, we’re going to discuss the man himself: the Doctor. But which Doctor? There are so many… It was close, but in the end, we all have to pick our favourite. And, in my humble opinion, the best Doctor was (drumroll please) the tenth doctor. Eleven was brilliant and jubilant and nine has this amazing charisma, but the Tenth Doctor will always have a special place in my heart. This article is dedicated to everyone who can’t help but smile when they think of the greatest Doctor to ever grace the BBC, a.k.a. the tenth Doctor.

I see no mention of Capaldi in this paragraph despite the article being written this year

Many things must be erased.

>Imagine having the power to decide what is canon
Truly, they must be like gods.

/who/ BTFO

>The episode with the weeping angels (which still gives me nightmares by the way,) the one with the werewolf queen, the one with the killer bees, the episode where Cassandra decides to steal Rose’s body, the one where the girl traps kids in her drawings, the episode where they travel to Pompeii, the one with the library (which has justified my previously irrational fear of the dark), and basically any episode that features Rose or Donna…it seems that all of the best episodes in the series happened when David TENnant was the Doctor. That could just be a coincidence, however I like to think that these amazing episodes were made so brilliant because they all featured the greatest version of the Doctor the series had ever seen.

This has to be a shitpost.

>deciding the best character of the whole century less than a fifth of the way in

>sherlock that high
>Sherlock on the list at all

Although looking at the rest of it. pretty shit list imo

>Rose is, in fact, the best companion the Doctor had ever had

>No, I’m not over ‘Doomsday’ and that fourth season twist did not make it better. Ten-Rose is the ship of dreams. My OTP used to be Ron and Hermione, but Ten-Rose took over the moment Rose whispered into Ten’s ear and he shot up to come to her rescue. They were such a good team and Ten’s cleverness perfectly meshes with Rose’s ability to instantly figure out how to escape any given situation. Their chemistry was unparalleled and their split was universes of unfair. Seriously. I am still heartbroken. I called my mom because I was crying so hard. The only other thing to make me cry so hard was when I watched Titanic for the first time. Why must women named Rose hurt me like this?

did edge write this

>Though many opinions, favourites, and preferences within Doctor Who, or any fandom in all honesty, is highly debatable, no one better try to fight me on this: the best episode in the entire series is the one in which Cassandra decides to posses Rose and then ends up bouncing back and forth between Ten and Rose as they try to escape from the sick people monsters chasing them in the sinister future hospital run by cat nun ladies (honestly, don’t question it. It would take longer than the length of the actual episode for me to explain to you what went on in that hospital.) David acting as if Cassandra had possessed him was probably the greatest moment in television history and I hope that that clip plays at my funeral.

So the writer is calling this episode their favourite and they don't even know the name of it?

What's the name for this style of writing? obnoxious fangirl? overexcited female?

But that implies that RTD's Master was connected to the character's past, which he simply wasn't. He was written first and foremost, like everything from the early new series, for new viewers.

>the best episode in the entire series is the one where the Doctor cures every disease in existence by mixing together all the fla-vor-ice liquids

Forgive Dave.

why was rtd who so popular its so bad why, ok there some good episodes here and there but overall it bad and really not good but it got popualr why someone explain why magic pls

It tapped into the British cultural consciousness, which is my way of saying I don't have the faintest idea either.

Dave was obviously the guy who convinced Jenna Coleman to stay for Series 9, eliminating the need for Shona as the new companion

theodysseyonline.com/10-reasons-why-david-tennant-is-the-best-doctor

So, this was posted in 2016.

>Sorry, all you Matt Smith lovers, but David Tennant is in fact the best doctor ever. Maybe I’m slightly biased because he was the first Doctor I ever saw, but I still believe my claim remains true. Don’t get me wrong, Matt Smith is a very close second. However, I don’t think any doctor will ever beat out David (yes, we’re on a first name basis).
Implying the entire history of the character is a binary choice between David and Matt?

>It centers around a man named The Doctor who travels through time and space saving galaxies and alien races and most of the time, present day London.
Please stop this meme.

>Look at this man. LOOK AT HIM. His perfectly symmetrical face is always making some adorable expression. And look at that hair- it’s not too long nor too short. His hair is always the perfect combination of messy windblown and professionally styled. When God created this man, He combined the wishes of every woman’s perfect man and molded them into a perfect human being named David John McDonald/Tennant.
Okay, but his face is LITERALLY not symmetrical.

>He’s actually from Scotland, so he has the accent of an angel. Unfortunately, he had to cover up his beautiful, natural, Scottish accent for the show. If that is not hard work and brilliant acting, then what is? However, he was able to use his accent in one episode, “Tooth and Claw” (Series 2, Episode 2), and what a gift it was to hear him speak.
They should have a Doctor who is from Scotland and can use his natural accent!

Because of his singular gift for relatable characterisation, his dialogue, the variety of ideas on display, the production values, the tone, the cast, the love he has for the show manifesting onscreen, a bunch of other things I could mention

He's introduced amid Roger Delgado audio and he has lines like
>Anyway, why don't we stop and have a nice little chat while I tell you all my plans and you can work out a way to stop me, I don't think.
that clearly are connected to the character's past. It's written to be accessible, but the show is clearly playing up the fact that he's a returning character.

thanky for answer i will stew on that before i go poopies!

No more than Missy was though.
>"The one you abandoned Doctor. The one you left for dead"
Plus all the references to Saxon in Death in Heaven

But you're obviously correct in your original point that Missy is Twelve's recurring threat. That's pretty much objectively true. But my criteria was original monsters/villains, and to say that Missy is one of those is objectively false. As it would be with Crispy Master, Bruce Master or Simm Master.

What does /who/ think of The Bells of St. John?

It's alright.

>David Tennant is married to Georgia Moffett. The cute part of this is that Georgia played Jenny, The Doctor’s daughter, on an episode appropriately titled “The Doctor’s Daughter” (Series 4, Episode 6). So, David Tennant met his wife on the set of Doctor Who. This just screams adorable. But it gets even cooler! In real life, Georgia is the daughter of Peter Davison, the fifth doctor. They’re the perfect little family of Whovians.
What about this makes him "the best" Doctor? It's literally just a fun fact about him.

>David Tennant has been a Doctor Who fan for years. Since he was a young, David Tennant has been watching and following the show. His first Doctor he saw was Tom Baker, who portrayed The Doctor from 1974-1981. Who doesn’t love a story of a fanboy fulfilling his dreams?
Hm, don't know any other huge Who fanboys who ended up fulfilling their dreams of becoming the Doctor.

>David Tennant gave The Doctor the best love story of Doctor Who history- The Doctor and Rose. Sure, we were all a little wary about Rose at first, but we were bawling by the time we watched the episode “Doomsday” (Series 2, Episode 13). Guys, this man orbited a supernova just to say goodbye to a girl and then later gives his human half to her. If that’s not love, I don’t know what it.
This one speaks for itself.

>David Tennant acted out the 10th Doctor’s regeneration absolutely perfectly. If you hear someone admit that they didn’t cry while watching this scene, they’re obviously lying.
*breathes in*

>David Tennant made The Doctor a fun, lovable guy. David Tennant’s portrayal of The Doctor was goofy and adorable in the very best of ways; however, he was also very real. The 10th Doctor really did care about people and cultures and tragedies. David Tennant gave The Doctor a newfound, wide-range of emotions that were all absolutely endearing.
Isn't this applicable to nearly every Doctor?

it alright
There's some really underrated concepts and dialogue in thete

Fun, well-directed and really really underappreciated. A favourite of mine.

Kek we gave the same verdict

i have another question for answer. why and how does clara come bill? did she regenerate? because she was in the flying kitchen but then she had poofy hair and was now black. the doctor does not look shocked by this implying that he was expecting it but they do not explain on show they leave plot hole. i like bill but I just want to know why she was clara. they did an answer for nardole becoming a man with just a little tiny head but they did not explain clara becoming bill it was very odd! thank you in the future for helpies!

>tfw 4 months until classic captcha is gone forever

buy pass

>helpies
kek I lost

Wait, what?

>giving hiro your credit card details

my bank generates a number that can be used only once

google's discontinuing reCaptcha v1 at the end of march next year

Shit, I have to actually buy a Sup Forums pass. I can't stand that select all the squares bullshit.

hiro's aware of the issue and there's threads discussing an alternative, the trick is finding one that's server side rather than client side so Sup Forums doesn't have to host the servers that handle all the captcha requests (google's reCaptcha is done on their end so Sup Forums doesn't have to pay for servers to handle the traffic)

life is better with pass

>David Tennant's "The Five Doctors" DVD commentary
Does comfy get any comfier than this?

judy you master shitposter

His name is Erino

Fuck off, Erino

Is /vip/ comfy?

>mfw TUaT completely BTFOs the EoT regeneration by being touching and moving whilst also remaining true to the character and not completely undermining the next Doctor

Considering the amount of normies that are likely to be watching TUaT for Jodie's first scenes, is it wishful thinking for me to hope that Twelve's regeneration will surpass Ten's in the public consciousness?

what will be Capal's last words?

>is it wishful thinking for me to hope that Twelve's regeneration will surpass Ten's in the public consciousness?
Yes because that would require the show to be bigger 'in the public consciousness' than it was with Tennant. Ten's regeneration didn't stick with people because it was particularly good, it stuck because it was Tennant.

"That's what I call three bags full!"

twitter.com/JodieWHITTAKE14/status/926779237369081856

>Marshallkeks have become so desperate that they're now RPing as Jodie passing the role onto him

THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING STATE

Set JUSTers to full power!

"Wombo Combo"

Was watching Waters of Mars and then this happened

Truly TARDISposting-tier.

Clara I remember

Doctor Who is dead.

Does she want watersports?