Comics have always been political

Comics have always been political.

And that was openly called propaganda, what's your problem you dumbass? You had already got answers, youwere already told the difference between propaganda, pandering and political stuff like O'Neil or Moore. You are either actually mentally ill or a plain Jewish shill

Action comics #1 had superman beat up a wife beater and then try to stop a corrupt politician from weaseling America into WW2. The early Captain America comics were all about the War and American ideals abroad. Green Arrow pent the entire 60's to 90's getting involved in social issues affecting America.

Anyone who says comics can't have politics should be ignored. They just can't handle the fact that its politics they don't currently agree with because Liberals have always been more creative and artistic minded than conservatives, and thus, have to deal with Liberal politics being portrayed as right.

Black Panther was literally created because the writer for the 60's Avengers noticed that black people liked comics and said "Its the current year! We need a black!" and created a black hero based on African Myths. When modern writers do that they yell "Pandering!" but its never like that. They just think that there's no way someone would write a black or brown or gay character unless they were forced to, rather than they simply wanted to. Apparently the fact that people who aren't like them, have similar interests is something that never crossed their minds.

And now I await the 20 (You)'s calling me a liberal cuck gayfag, because why the hell should we debate things like humans, when we can all just screech incessantly and never attempt to grow or learn from our experiences

You are a fucking idiot

Political satire then:
>evil villain is implied to be Nixon but is never revealed or mentioned by name
Political satire now
>Donald trump is literally MODOK

Also OP is a faggot who doesn't realize that old comics focused on legitimate issues like the cold war and not faggoty internet liberal fads

Nice retort...

Literally everything in his post was true.

That doesn't mean that current comics can't be criticized for their politics while it'd be wrong to imply this is new it isn't wrong to have the opinion it makes for a bad story or weak charactersliberal cuck gayfag

Yes but they used to be much, much smarter and far more mature about it

>Trump and his cronies aren't legitimate issues
k

>this much straw

That was quick.

>gets to have great sex with God
>not winning

Comics also used to be about uniting with each other in WW2. Today's comics are about dividing people who don't think identical to you.

They're not. You're just a faggot.

What is this even supposed to mean

What did he mean by this?

oh shit nigga it's an

M S PAINT COMIC
S

P
A
I
N
T

C
O
M
I
C

Trumpfags are getting fucked up the ass and gloating because they won. Though shouldn't EVERYONE be getting fucked up the ass?

>And that was openly called propaganda
Batman and Superman fighting gangsters
X-men as representation of minorities
Spider-man cheering on protesters
Cap and Falcon helping black youth in Harlem
Green Lantern and Green Arrow comics against drugs and racism
Northstar coming out as gay
The Legacy virus
Civil War 1
None of them were propaganda. They're all comics about sociopolitical issues
Great job not knowing about comics, casual.

The golden age was, then they cut back on that shit. Now it's full throttle and completely autistic. It doesn't help that these people who are writing these books clearly don't know dick about politics and every book turns out as "Ummm....racism is bad....kay? Fucking drumph". I'm glad this shit is getting the boot.

Considering how much you guys have to make up stories about him to validate your hate, I'm leaning towards the fact that he's not.

Daily reminder that Superman is disappointed in you, Sup Forums.

Letting middle class 20-somethings try their hand at social commentary was a mistake. That goes double for the ones who haven't met any minorities since middle school. There should be a softban restricting anyone who grew up with the Jon Stewart era of The Daily Show from writing any polemic longer than 2 panels.

Having to resort to using fiction characters to validate your own beliefs is really pathetic. But you know what? Fuck it, I'll bite the bait.

>Is made up of /Americans/ of many different races.

illegal immigrants aren't Americans. So if anything Supes is validating Sup Forums.

Daily reminder that Spider-Man is on their side.

>(((Superman)))

Really woozles your wozzle.

The difference is right now its not "politics in comics" its just writers shoving their political opinions in a comic and almost forgetting its actually a comic, and is usually fucking terribly written, it feels like the characters are just mouthpieces for the writers more than them being involved in any actual issues in the stories.

>Liberals have an anti-white agenda
>Comics are read primarily by whites

Why could this not be going over well?

Legitimate issues like the US president offending every single ally?

Sounds like the setup to a shitty cape VS cape event already.

How do you know they're illegal, you want their papers? I know some governments that like to check everyone's papers just to be super duper sure they're guten.

>Black Panther was literally created because the writer for the 60's Avengers noticed that black people liked comics and said "Its the current year! We need a black!" and created a black hero based on African Myths. When modern writers do that they yell "Pandering!"
Modern writers don't do that. Modern writers kill off a character and then have a minority replacement for them.
>have to deal with Liberal politics being portrayed as right.
Because god forbid we have any nuance and ambiguity to an issue, right?

Man I'm liberal as shit and can handle political themes or metaphor but Marvel's way of political representation in comics is so disgustingly terrible I can't take it seriously.
Like that thing with the new Avengers, (Chulk, Kamala, etc) in a hodunk town with a gay club, a black church, a mosque, etc while still being small enough to only have a sherrif
That was so fucking bad I thought it was an edit

90% of politics in comics is crap because 90% of everything is crap

did your russian overlords tell you that on facebook?

That's because decompartmentalization requires a story be stretched out across tenish issues, and each needs a fight scene.

You just proved his point.

comics, since day one, have always been full of jewish people
your favorite character was created by a jewish man, Sup Forums
suck my dick

The difference is back then we had Watchmen. Today, we have Marvel's version of Captain Planet.

If they have a visa, they aren't illegal.

At least not thanks to Seattle.

>The difference is right now its not "politics in comics" its just writers shoving their political opinions in a comic and almost forgetting its actually a comic, and is usually fucking terribly written, it feels like the characters are just mouthpieces for the writers more than them being involved in any actual issues in the stories.
OP here, I don't disagree with this statement.
Don't ask for "keep your politics out of my comics". Ask for well written stories because otherwise you get Waid's Champions

>EVERY SINGLE ALLY
You mean Australia? Because that's the current total.

Watchmen wasn't for kids. It was sold with an age restriction.

who mentioned the jews?

all culture is political because it is created via production shaped by political valences, economic systems and social space.

They like to categorize all conservatives as "LITERAL NAZIS" because they know they can't actually argue on merit.

>Today's comics are about dividing people who don't think identical to you.
if those people are mostly actual white supremacists that have no respect or humanity, I don't see how that's a bad thing to reprehend.

>Black Panther was literally created because the writer for the 60's Avengers noticed that black people liked comics and said "Its the current year! We need a black!" and created a black hero based on African Myths. When modern writers do that they yell "Pandering!" but its never like that. They just think that there's no way someone would write a black or brown or gay character unless they were forced to, rather than they simply wanted to.

But if your example was true, then it was pandering by definition. According to your example, Black Panther was made because they noticed black people like comics and so they made a black character to appeal to them, not because they wanted to. That's what pandering is. They weren't thinking of just making a character, they were thinking of making one to appeal to a certain audience.

Turnbull has said it wasn't even that bad

you mentioned anti-white agenda, user
that's literal nazi-talk
don't be such a fag

Also Japan, everyone in the UK not sucking Nigel's taint, Germany, Korea, the entirety of the EU in general, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Canada, and Mexico. Plus we had a polite rivalry with China as co-rulers of the world that is going deeper into animosity.

Australia was the only country praising his travel ban, and he hung up on their PM for it.

>that's literal nazi-talk

How so?

>Inb4 this thread gets deleted.

The context is different. We were at literal war with the Nazis. So they were portrayed as bad guys. That's completely different than trying to paint an entire half population of your own damn country, your friends and family and neighbors as the people we were at literal war with who actually committed atrocities in real life, just for disagreeing with their Facebook rants.

That's the difference. That's why it's "political" because it's dealing exclusively with modern political trends. Things people 20 years from now might not even get or understand because they weren't living at the time and in the culture that was producing those ideas. People understand Nazi's though because there was a big historical war with them.

It's different because back then there was no Internet to virtue signal on and have click bait articles about how tolerant and progressive they are. This creates another incentive for writers to become hyper-political in hopes of catching the right praise from their online peer group.

That's different from genuine inspiration and character development. There is a difference between making a new character who's gay, because someone may have been inspired by a gay guy and making an established straight character gay because a subsection of the fanbase whined for it to happen.

I'll agree comics have always been political, but they've never been this hamfisted and retarded about it. And it's one-sided too. I want to be a comic writer who takes more of a right-wing, conservative approach (although I wouldn't call myself conservative) JUST. TO. BE. ORIGINAL. AT. THIS. POINT.

That's one of the reasons why it's fucking annoying.

How about instead of shilling for the Democrats we get comics where we see people arguing effectively for both candidates and neither of them?

How about we just use fictional Parties, Presidents and Politics? That's my personal approach.

there is an anti-white agenda, but nobody mentioned the jews

please try to stay calm, you're all over the place right now

Hello there Mr. Projection! Hold my (You) for a second.

>Comics have always been political
Then Sup Forums has a natural right to be here.

Counterpoint, not ALL comics are political, and no comics that are remembered fondly or thought of as great are political (save maybe for Superman Red Son)

A good story makes you think. Art is all about subjectivity.

When you tell the reader/audience what to think you have failed as an artist and creator.

The creative process is organic, themes and messages emerge out of the story and character's arcs.

You start with a story and characters, if you start with a message you fucked up.

Comics have been a lot of things

I didn't mention anything, since I wasn't who you were talking to.

But if you must persist then how exactly can you say there ISN'T a distinct anti-white agenda? Have you not looked at the news lately?

>Also Japan
Source? How'd he upset Japan?
>everyone in the UK not sucking Nigel's taint
You mean the minority that lost a democractic referendum? Boo fucking hoo.
>Germany
Germany is too busy being torn to shreds to posture globally.
>Korea
I assume you mean south Korea, and again, source.
>Saudi Arabia
Good. Fuck Saudi Arabia.
>Israel
Source.
>Canada
As a Canadian I can safely say that Canada is too busy trying to kill itself to do anything to USA. Our leader will raise a fuss to virtue signal but Trump will eat him alive.
>Mexico
So what? Mexico is a shithole. The same with China and Saudi Arabia. You don't WANT to be an ally to these people because they just extort problems.

And Americans were the first to the moon, not because they wanted to, but because the Soviets beat them to space. These arguments about authenticity of cultural production are weird because lots of things get created "because they had to for x." It's like implying people can't make things unless they were somehow only inspired by something inside themselves.

All the comics that people remember have great stories and art.
Comics now have recyled art, and a decompressed plot talking about the evils of the white man.

No comic made in the current style will be remembered fondly in the future, there's nothing substantive or intriguing about them.

Modern Marvel would never have created Black Panther, they would have made him a black copy pasta of a white hero.