Can we admit it now, Sup Forums? Is this the best Star Wars film?

Can we admit it now, Sup Forums? Is this the best Star Wars film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvWv3uosN9E
youtube.com/watch?v=65CiRlppDqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C2pOXKijFU0
youtube.com/watch?v=P1a_0lAGpLA
youtube.com/watch?v=VwNpmpBC-t0
youtube.com/watch?v=Pi56vt29vHI
youtube.com/watch?v=xJzuanMUuS4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NsM-fpkK2aQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes it is, you can go away now.

it's probably the best looking one, and the score is great.

its defo the best gay star wars movie
youtube.com/watch?v=qvWv3uosN9E

gay sexual undertones in a kids movie

go away

do we really need another starwars thread.

ewwwww

It's the least awful prequel and has plenty of "so bad it's good" entertainment value.

I miss sheev/goodfriendposting.

desu that's an impressive stunt.

'no'

The official non pleb rankings that all patrician's agree on-:

holiday special
tpm
ewoks 1
ewoks 2
r1

Wrong

(large gap)
r1

>muh empire

>muh sith

fag pleb detected.

Fuck off retard

>gives up and resorts to insults immediately
good discussion my friend.

R1

Yes. III > V > I > II > VI > IV

The new ones don't even make the list.

ewoks 2
ewoks 1
holiday special
tpm
r1

No it's just as bad as the others if not worse because Lucas has to rush everything to fit "neatly" to lead into the OT

Palpatine is constantly blowing his cover that he's evil as fuck but no one is smart enough to put two and two together. It isn't until he has to flat out tells Anakin do they finally find out he's the Sith lord they were looking for.

The Jedi are unorganized as fuck anyways by how they handle the war effort. Also why are the Jedi in charge and made generals? They're not warriors that constantly fight and follow a strict military regiment. They're effectively Shoalin Monks not army personnel. Shouldn't this have been the job of the actual admirals of the fleets and generals for ground warfare that were trained in military operations?

They send only Obi Wan to kill Grevious when they should have sent a few more Jedi as back up. They obviously had a bunch at the temple not doing anything so having more numbers in their favour would be better. Yeah, they said it could just be bullshit, but what if it wasn't? They literally had no idea what they were gonna face so sending one ship is fucking retarded.

Obi Wan is really dumb and just jumps down into a room full of droids that SHOULD have opened fire on the spot but for some reason don't even though these guys are programmed to know that Jedi are the enemy.

Aankin wasn't seduced by the dark side. He tricked into joining. Palpatine says he can save Padame and as soon as Anakin turns he reveals that he doesn't know.

The Senate instantly believes everything Palpatine says about the Jedi wanting to take over even though these guys have been protectors for over a thousand generations and have never had any previous events of them becoming violent towards the republic

While this Senate meeting occurring, Yoda and Obi Wan are looking at all the damning recordings of Palpatine and Ankin's betrayal and for no reason choose not to have this evidence revealed to the public. They just decide to secretly kill Palpatine and Anakin which is really fucking stupid when they could start an uprising against Palpatine instead.

It's almost like it's a sci-fi movie and not real life, right?

>ITT: autism speaks

No it's called shitty writing.

>Can't refute what I said. Calls me autistic thinking you discredited everything I just said

>common sense doesn't apply in fictional settings

Nigger what?

>complains about plot details in a fantasy film
wew

Revenge of the Sith is more action/drama oriented than most Star Trek episodes, for example. You gotta sacrifice logic for drama if you want to sell tickets, and that's common sense.

Brincess Benis :DDD

Behold! Our average, idiot movie goer!

What a crock of shit. The OT were able to create an action/drama without any of the cast being fucking retards. You don't know what you're talking about. Anyone who says what you say should never become a writer.

stop digging.

Sometimes the script just doesn't work unless you make compromises. I'm not saying the prequels are better, but they held up.

>They send only Obi Wan to kill Grevious when they should have sent a few more Jedi as back up.
The point was that they wanted a surprise attack. As soon as they knew the Republic was coming he would run away. Hell he was going to do it when an entire fleet appeared out of nowhere in Utapau

The CG was bad when it was new. It looks like curddled milk now. No where near the best looking SW film.

ewoks 2
ewoks 1
holiday special
r1

The ultimate live-action pure canon definitive rankings only a grade A pleb would disagree.

or, it was that the track record of anakin/obiwan duo is actually kind of pathetic.

How is making everyone fucking idiots a compromise? And no, the prequels don't hold up because they never had a foundation to begin with. They're fucking messes and an embarrassment to the Star Wars franchise. I would watch Rogue One or TFA over those three any day and I don't think they're great movies either.

I didn't say send an army. Just one or two Jedi to increase the odds of success. If three Jedi would be able to tip them off, they really suck at their jobs because Jedi can be stealthy when needed.

DESU i prefer the prequels to the disneyshit

>the CG
what are you talking about? the armor? yoda?
I don't think you know what you're talking about to be honest.

RotS is the absolutely most-overrated SW movie.

And, obviously, the most-overrated prequel.

>haha sexual jokes am i right?

Calm your tits. Are you saying that there were no leaps in the logic of the OT? Are they perfect movies? Does it make sense that a couple of rebel fighters were able to destroy 2 death stars? That a project of this magnitude would have such a glaring flaw?

Yeah yeah, I saw Rogue One, but it's obvious they made all that shit up in order to try to make an excuse for this glaring logical leap.

its a really creepy scene ,casting couch style Harvey wienstien etc

Jesus Christ
5>4>7>6>R1>1>3>2

that ranking made me check the address bar

We can argue over the order, but we can’t deny that 2 is the most boring piece of shit excuse for a Star Wars movie.

This.
Here's a couple grand/emotional tracks from Revenge of the sith.
youtube.com/watch?v=65CiRlppDqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C2pOXKijFU0 (2:13 is where I mean)
And that's only to include two.
Then compare that to some "emotional" tracks from The Force Awakens.
youtube.com/watch?v=P1a_0lAGpLA
youtube.com/watch?v=VwNpmpBC-t0

I find it bizarre that they're from the same composer, as the first tracks have so much more depth and soul in them. The new ones are okay, but nowhere near the previous scores.
As a bonus, here's a comparison of action based tracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pi56vt29vHI (skip the intro)
Then there's this.
youtube.com/watch?v=xJzuanMUuS4
It's quite disappointing, especially for someone as talented as he is.

Looks like Sheev is ready to "live as a gay man"

man you're going to be really disappointed if anyone shows you production for episode 7/8 scores.

You think that's a glaring flaw? Stop believing that stupid meme. Do you have any idea how fucking impossible it would be to accurately drop two bombs into a meter wide hole while flying faster than the speed of sound and them not hit anything while on the way down to the reactor? It's like thinking that if you shoot the exhaust of a car, it'll blow the whole thing up because the bullet will perfectly reach the gas tank. The only reason why Luke even manages to pull it off was because of the Force. It was originally written that he fails on his first try because he was putting his faith into the targeting system rather than allowing the Force to guide him. That was whole fucking point of that moment even without the first attempt. It was to show the power of the Force and what it was capable of providing a person that can use it. Also how could there have been a flaw in the second Death Star if wasn't even complete? There was giant openings the ships to fly in and attack the reactor directly. They also couldn't attack it without the ground troops destroying the shield generator. The only thing RO added was the cascading effect caused by blowing up the reactor because logically, destroying the reactor wouldn't blow up the entire Death Star. It would only shut it down and leave it floating in space.

Yep, still bothers me that some think phantom was worse. They're both dog shit but at least phantom had good fights, and interesting concept and a well defined aesthetic. ep2 was just boring shit with no defined style. The cgi was also way worse.

>You think that's a glaring flaw? Stop believing that stupid meme. Do you have any idea how fucking impossible it would be to accurately drop two bombs into a meter wide hole while flying faster than the speed of sound and them not hit anything while on the way down to the reactor? It's like thinking that if you shoot the exhaust of a car, it'll blow the whole thing up because the bullet will perfectly reach the gas tank. The only reason why Luke even manages to pull it off was because of the Force. It was originally written that he fails on his first try because he was putting his faith into the targeting system rather than allowing the Force to guide him. That was whole fucking point of that moment even without the first attempt. It was to show the power of the Force and what it was capable of providing a person that can use it. Also how could there have been a flaw in the second Death Star if wasn't even complete? There was giant openings the ships to fly in and attack the reactor directly. They also couldn't attack it without the ground troops destroying the shield generator. The only thing RO added was the cascading effect caused by blowing up the reactor because logically, destroying the reactor wouldn't blow up the entire Death Star. It would only shut it down and leave it floating in space.

You gonna follow up beyond just copying what I said and green texting it?

>the cgi
can people stop saying this? it just makes you look ignorant.

I wouldn't dare, it was too beautiful.
But it does look better in green.

I meant all the digitally added droids/bugs/ships in most of the geonosis sequences.

Don't worry, you won't need to post your 10gig collection of photos of production miniatures.

Even then the green screen effects of placing people in those miniatures looked awful and come off as more bad CG.

Exactly. "muh miniatures" doesn't mean shit if they aren't used well.

is sheev the kevin spacey of space? enticing little boyz with dreams of dark side powers and fame throughout the galaxy.

It's like you're desperately trying to fill up the leak holes in a sinking ship. Just admit that the death star(s) having these fundamental design flaws was a writing compromise in order to serve the plot.

Realistically, such a flaw could never have made it through the different echelons of whatever engineering executives partook in the project.

Think about it, there was a straight conduit like passage leading directly to what practically looks like a dart throwing board which leads directly to the most volatile part of the station.

Give up and accept the OT isn't perfect.

>10gig collection of photos of production miniatures.
No, sorry to disappoint you. I have a book (pic related) does that count?
>droids/bugs/ships
you want everything to be made of familiar looking materials. That makes little to no sense for a fantasy set in another galaxy.

episode 2+3 on rewatch ,it feels like lucas just gave up and let rick macallum take over.

No I just want it to not look like shit.

i guess that at least explains portman's wardrobe.

>how every conversation about this movie ends

I'm not saying they're perfect. But to say that exhaust port is a gaping flaw is retarded. You gotta get two bombs to fall perfectly down a giant shaft no wider than a meter all while flying a star fighter going faster than the speed of sound. It's not like these guys can just slow down and prepare. They're being shot at from every direction. This whole thing is based off those crazy WW2 bombing missions involving the destruction of Nazi controlled dams by flying low long the river leading up to it, dropping a barrel of explosive rolling fast enough to bounce off the water and slam into the dam. You also only got one shot to pull off these bombings which made their successes all the more crazy and memorable. It was also showing the desperate moves the Allies had to make to get victory over Germans. What better way to show the Rebels desperation and resolve by showing them pull off such an impossible task.

>I'm not saying they're perfect. But to say that exhaust port is a gaping flaw is retarded. You gotta get two bombs to fall perfectly down a giant shaft no wider than a meter all while flying a star fighter going faster than the speed of sound. It's not like these guys can just slow down and prepare. They're being shot at from every direction. This whole thing is based off those crazy WW2 bombing missions involving the destruction of Nazi controlled dams by flying low long the river leading up to it, dropping a barrel of explosive rolling fast enough to bounce off the water and slam into the dam. You also only got one shot to pull off these bombings which made their successes all the more crazy and memorable. It was also showing the desperate moves the Allies had to make to get victory over Germans. What better way to show the Rebels desperation and resolve by showing them pull off such an impossible task.

compare the ep2 robot factory scene with minority reports robot car factory scene

top kek

Okay I shouldn't have been that simple about it, and to be fair it was a while ago.

The Dambusters?

It's okay, denial is the first step toward changing your opinion. Give it some time and you'll begin to accept. I get it, you want to protect your ego and all, it's normal. Your effort was valiant, I'll give you that.

Yes.

>finds needle in a haystack kino shot
>proceeds to post jpeg

More like finding a bit of gold dust in a massive pile of shit.

>i'm too dumb to remember there's a size limit
kek

>needle in a haystack
actually there are dozens of shots that look good. it's kind of the point of the film.

Official ranking:
RML reviews
Holiday special
Ewoks
Gay scat open

you must really like gay scat

3]- Interchangeable
5]
^ All great
r1
7]- Interchangeable
2]

The only correct variant.

4 > 5 > 6 >>> 3 > 1 > 2 >>> who cares

That's ESB you're thinking about.

Nothing will ever match this scene
>The Most Beautiful Woman to ever live in her absolute sexual prime and fertility peak
>The stakes and intensity and magnitude of the situation
> Obi-Wan wanting to fight Sidious, then bravely going forward to meet his best friend in a fight to the death
> The "Im so Sorry" and based hoodflip, so nonchalantly telling Padme her offspring will be born orphans
>the flying saucers in the background
>GOAT Soundtrack
>Obi-Wan dedicating himself to killing Anakin
>Padmes whiny voice and crying giving me huge boner every time

Pure Kino, no other scene can compete.

>tfw nu-wars will never even come close to even touching this scene

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NsM-fpkK2aQ

>you're going to kill him aren't you?
>the face kenobi makes when padme implies she thinks he would win

>Intense scene

>Most of the dialogue is them sitting on a couch

>Shot/reverse shot

It's like watching a fucking soap opera. And that's not a compliment because soap operas are cheap in every way.

>youtube.com/rlm
it's still up, no need to be redundant

Yoda telling Obi Wan "you created this mess, you clean it up."

>haha i'm an alcoholic from wisconsin
>I tried making movies, they all suck
>I make popular content on my youtube channel
>I hire my friends to criticize movies with me
>I hate myself for being a youtuber so I lash out at other youtubers
>Everything I do is ironic so it's ok
>You can trust my film reviews though, I totally know what I'm talking about.

V>IV>VII>VI>R1>III>I>II

>The "power" of the Dark Side

unirocally of course

>VII above VI, III and R1
lad status: wew

George there's no reason to get bitchy about some online movie reviewers just because they made fun of your shitty flick.

>Has gone to film school and has done more work in making movies than anyone posting in this thread

>film school
holy shit really?
you don't say.

7 was better than R1

Wrong.

as if it makes sense to include them in the ranking in the first place.