Disney bans newspaper critical of them from screenings

>Disney is banning the Los Angeles Times from attending advanced screenings of their movies. As a southern California newspaper, in addition to publishing film criticism, the Times frequently covers Disneyland Resort and Disney California Adventure, as well as how both parks affect the city of Anaheim. And in September, they published an article that painted Disney in a bad light, and the Mouse House challenged their outlook.

>The article posited that Disney Parks & Resorts wasn’t paying its fair share to the city. For instance, the report stated that the city of Anaheim built and owns the parking garages that Disney uses for its resorts, for which Disney charges $20 for each vehicle entry, yet the city leases the garage to the company for only $1 a year. The Times also indicated that Disneyland is currently seeing its first major opposition from the city council as well as from the mayor for the first time in its 62-year history, for a variety of reasons, and that’s something that they directly refuted in a letter to the paper, stating: “Disneyland Resort has played a pivotal role in Anaheim as a job creator and economic engine.”

>Disney has issued a statement on the matter (via THR): “We regularly work with news organizations around the world that we don’t always agree with, but in this instance the L.A. Times showed a complete disregard for basic journalistic standards. Despite our sharing numerous indisputable facts with the reporter, several editors, and the publisher over many months, the Times moved forward with a biased and inaccurate series, wholly driven by a political agenda — so much so that the Orange County Register referred to the report as ‘a hit piece’ with a ‘seemingly predetermined narrative.’ We’ve had a long relationship with the L.A. Times, and we hope they will adhere to balanced reporting in the future.”

>fucking with the mouse
RIP LA Times

>if you don't play ball we'll ban you forever
>OR you could take this bag with thousands of dollars worth of merchandising *winks jewishly*
Gee I sure wonder how all those mediocre marvel flicks get such rave reviews!

Actually lol
Does LA Times knows who they fucking with?

of course they're going to use every loophole available, plus I'm sure they have the local government by the balls because disneyland is the whole reason anaheim is even on anyone's map
it's shitty of them to ban the newspaper, but I'm sure that's just business as well

Fear the Mouse!

>waaah they should be cucks and allow people that talk shit about them
top numale thinking right there

>The LA Times two-part story, “Is Disney paying its share in Anaheim?” and “How one election changed Disneyland’s relationship with its hometown,” is an eye-opening look at the arguably one-sided relationship the company has with the California city that’s home to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. The report details how Disney has squeezed the city for subsidies, incentives, rebates and protections from future taxes to the point where city officials and citizens are wondering whether or not the mouse house is paying their fair share.

>The first story details how Disney has received hundreds of millions of dollars worth of subsidies and tax exemptions in exchange for expanding its Disneyland facilities. For example, Disney got a 30-year exemption from ticket taxes in exchange for a $1 billion investment in a new Star Wars exhibit in Anaheim.

>Disney once had a cozy relationship with Anaheim, but as the park has gotten more lucrative and the city's demographics have changed, the relationship has deteriorated. Some parts of the city are struggling economically, and critics say that Disney's generous tax breaks deprive the city of revenue it could use to tackle the city's problems.

>wholly driven by a political agenda

Whenever says something is an agenda, like when Sup Forums complains about black people being represented in media, you know its a sophisticated way of saying it hurts their feelings and they have no argument or evidence except that they don't like it and this to them is evidence in and of itself.

>hit piece
Did the council build the garage? Does it own it? Does it lease it for $1? Does Disney charge people $20 for its use? If all of this is fact then there is no basis for Disney to complain.

>Anaheim is now 53 percent Hispanic, and according to the LA Times, "three of the four council candidates that Disney’s campaign spending in 2016 supported were white, while three of the four candidates who were targeted with negative campaigning by PACs with direct or indirect financial connections to Disney were Latino."

>Disney spent heavily to support Disney-friendly candidates in the 2016 election for the Anaheim city council. But two new Disney critics won seats on the council, enough to give Anaheim Mayor and Disney critic Tom Tait a majority.

>Some of the campaigns were nasty. The LA Times reports that "a news release sent to area media outlets detailed a 2016 misdemeanor domestic violence case" involving the brother-in-law of one of the candidates Disney opposed.

>The firm that sent the release counts Disney as a past client, the paper says, and has worked with Kris Murray, an Anaheim councilwoman who is seen as a Disney ally.

?Murray also went on a European vacation with Disney government relations director Carrie Nocella "shortly after Murray was reelected to a second term in November 2014"—though Murray says she paid her own way on the trip.

Remember when in the review of Rogue Shit, the New York Times accused Disney of pressuring media outlets into being shills for their shitty movies? Haha

This
Anaheim would be orange groves if not for Disney, they really can't say anything at this point

DONT

FUCK

WITH

THE

MOUSE

I don't care what they do as long as I get a Tron 3

>fucking with mickey
rip

they killed Tron years ago user, after the sequel flopped

It's you

>Weinstein raped and abused a bunch of starlets when he was the CEO of Miramax (Disney)
>suddenly every other child diddler in Hollywood gets exposed at once and news about Weinstein (Disney) get buried
Such a coincidence, the Mouse is always so lucky

>Disney will be deciding presidential elections in your life time

>will be

user, Disney has been deciding presidential elections since the 50's

>Constantly pushing pocs into roles they don't fit just because of socially imposed diversity quotas instead of earning the roles through the merits of their acting isn't some sort of agenda
>13% of the population doesn't get its proper media representation!

>enjoying life is bad!!

LA Times doesn't give a fuck though
They'll just go in even harder now

>life

Anaheim is a planned community near Los Angeles and most definitely would not be orange groves.

As someone who hates superhero films, it is abundantly clear that Disney buys reviews

w-wait... are disney the bad guys?

Disney is cancer. Fucking sad what they've done to Star Wars and Marvel.

I hope you're right, I hope they generate a lot of buzz, and I hope it (and by 'it' I mean sales of LA times subscriptions as a result of the hubbub) prompts other media outlets to jump on the bandwagon.
But I'm sure it'll all just fade away like everything does, and evil will keep on winning, and humanity will keep spinning its wheels.

Disney is run by the same people who made it illegal to question the holocaust in some countries and prove the holocaust was fake.

^this

I hate to say it but im starting to stop supporting disney not even buying their SJW marvel comics anymore.

Anaheim charges one fucking dollar for every parking garage included to Disney?
That's Anaheim's fault.

Bob Iger is a piece of shit, hes acts like an oh so tolerant liberal, but is a greedy corporate pig, glad the LA times are calling them out, hope other do too

And people wonder why their generic superhero movie number # gets good reviews

They changed all the heros people liked to things people dont like, so much for branding.

>banned from advanced screenings of literal garbage captured in motion picture

Why would they give a fuck?

for sure
what I meant was that disney is what seperates anaheim from the gazillion other zip codes sorrounding LA

It's a complete mystery, isn't it?

>hes acts like an oh so tolerant liberal, but is a greedy corporate pig
You say it like that is exclusive of him and not a recurrent trend nowadays.

pretty sure their gonna go down since their the same religious people running pedowood, look it up their all ((them))

You dont think its the same religion as the people who run pedowood?

whaaaaaaaaaaaa

>Charging theaters 65%
>Banning critics from writing reviews

Fuck this movie

I refuse to see it in theaters

because they were better than shitty unwatchable mess DCucks released?

i want to fuck with the mouse, what's the worst that can happen?

This is videogame levels of journalism and company response.