Justice League: Damage Control

>It's just like Marvel you guys! Please go see it!

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-11.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cyborg just looks laughably terrible.
And I feel like it's a bad actor choice, just seems out of place among the roster.

F U N
U
N

Fun is shit, I want none of it in my superhero movies. Not even joking.

I don't think it's primarily an actor problem, though, the entire body looks stupid.

>it's a DC learned nothing from Green Lantern episode

I'm serious, fun is just hack bullshit at this point. Marvel has figured out that all you need to do is have the characters act all pally and crack shitty jokes and people will praise it for being fun. Even Film Crit Hulk who is a huge dick rider for the MCU had to admit that Civil War threw out any real chance at drama for the sake of giving the audience a comfortingly fun experience.

I am so tired of Cyborg, how long is he gonna be THE diversity choice for DC?

But...I don't want more marvel movies...

Too bad, you're getting it.

Thats the most nothing description of the Justice League Ive ever read
>"They're interesting because they're all so different from one another and they're a team"
Also fuck you WB for turning the first Justice League movie into a needless mcguffin hunt featuring a villain no one gives a fuck about. I hope people get fired over this, and I hope someone knocks sense into your collective empty heads to start over from scratch.

It's not the actor, it's just instead of it looking like his body is ''integrated'' with robot parts, it looks like they are glued on top of his skin, and bad CGI, which is something that all superhero movies suffer from for some reason.

Will be good

Zack is God

There is so much goddamn wrong with Cyborg's design here
>Skinny as fuck, especially in the limbs to the point where it looks like he'll collapse
>Overdesigned Transformer tier trash. Looks like aluminum foil
>Clashing of blue/red lights. Just fucking pick one
>Too much robot, not enough human cyborg
>That shitty laser gun arm
>90% CGI, distracting floating face

Basically this. Honestly who looked at this and thought it was the go to design? he looks weak and brittle as fuck

>I actually liked BvS
>now it's all going to be MCU-tier reddit quips and """fun"""

Welp

Hope you funfags are happy

Whats baffling is that Cyborg's costume is completely doable with practical effects. Naturally you can add cgi layers over it later in post, but whats the fucking point here? Its some weird cgi skeleton, and if he punches someone it doesnt look like any weight is behind it. What happened to pic related? Given a few tweaks it could work

They ruined it. No more sturm und drang Snyder style operatics, the future is a lame punchline stamping on a human face forever.

>They actually mention the MCU
>And compare themselves to it
>To show how similar they are
>They actually did that
>In the article
The DCEU has no shame at all.

It's like they didn't learn anything from Green Lantern.

Cyborg really does look like complete shit.

I actually reallly like that helmet. I like idea of the 'battle mode' faceplate that covers Cyborg's face when shit goes down. I've always loved that sort of shit.

Except for the mid section there, this does look a hell of a lot better. Whatever happened to hard plating in movie robotic/cyborg characters?

For personally, is that I grew up with Cyborg as part of the Titans

In the “New 52” retconning of the DC Universe, Cyborg is a founding member of the Justice League, the token minority replacing the former (imaginary) token minority, J’Onn J’Onzz, the Martian Manhunter, and sitting right alongside the token woman, Wonder Woman. This is no accident. For many white people, diversity and tokenism mean precisely the same thing, but beyond that, they are also looking for a particular brand of marginalized person to include; someone who will not disturb the existing state of affairs, who will operate, essentially, as a white, heterosexual, gender-conforming, middle-class man, but in slightly different drag. In his previous incarnation, it was unclear whether Cyborg was a fully functional, sexual being. In the New 52, it’s clear that Cyborg has no genitals. The accident that turned him into a cyborg has taken every bit of his flesh other than his torso, arms, neck, and head. Thus, it’s safe for him to be around Wonder Woman as he serves no sexual threat and no competition for Superman. (I should note that, at the same time, Wonder Woman loses her personhood to become the prize. Please watch the animated film Justice League: War if you don’t believe me. You’ll see the male members of the team, except Cyborg of course, each attempt to call “dibs” on her—including the pubescent Billy Batson/Shazam.) This, to me, is the comic book version of the historical castrations that white supremacists often enacted against black men, of whose sexuality (which they exaggerated and demonized) they were enormously envious and frightened of. Cities in this country were bombed to oblivion on the word of lying white women falsely accusing black men of rape.

Cyborg only really works as a side character

Literally everyone did.

No one's first thought of Cyborg is the one season he was on Superfriends.

>>It's just like Marvel you guys! Please go see it!
I don't get this.
>It too dark rather see marvel.
>It too light too marvel

>>it's a DC learned nothing from Green Lantern episode
That was light, but it failed.

Nobody knows what they want in these movies>>Clashing of blue/red lights. Just fucking pick one
>>Too much robot, not enough human cyborg
Cartoon cyborg

TT's Cyborg honestly had one of the strongest designs for the character. The blue circuit boards just look more appealing than the usual silver plates with red lighting. Whats funny is that DCEU Cyborg is a perfect representation of whats wrong with this movie universe: so many ideas that dont work, so busy, resulting in a ugly final product

>TT's Cyborg honestly had one of the strongest designs for the character.

Not hard when just about every design he's ever had in the comics has been garbage.

Why is his forearm a sex toy?

WB:
>IT'S FUN U GUISE!
>LOOK AT ALL THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUN, WHEEEEEEE!

jesus fucking christ, it always sounds so goddamned forced.

and they're using it so much it's a goddamned buzzword for WB damage control.

>game changing injection of humor
Oh on, not like this.
>not unlike the MCU's infinity stones
One spent years of build up, the other is giving them a macguffin with one movie's worth of foreshadowing.
>it's seen imbuing victor stone
Oh god, it's Justice League War but live action.

Even as a Marvel fag (who still thinks Superman is the best hero of all time) this hurts to read.

Pic related for current feels.

When your junk has been blown away, what else have you got to use? At least this way he can still eat pussy.

Until this movie bombs

It won't be fun at all though.

>The DCEU has no shame at all.
Actually the person writing is not likely to be from DCEU, but just works for the magazine. I think other than direct quotes from Snyder, most of the comments are from the author of the article. And I think the writer has trouble being excited about Justice League.

This isn't written by DC you idiot

I'll wait for the extended cut Blu-Ray next year to see if it's worth it

I dont understand why the DCEU couldn't be something totally different from Marvel

I LIKE the sombre serious tone, and the heightened drama, and attempts to create something deeper.

I'm fucking tired of the generic marvel shit and its imitations
FUCK WB

whats worse, the keep feeding us this "oh, well out movies are director driven!!!" but then keep running off directors with a unique vision (like that black guy Rick whatever)

I agree. Too skinny and it's over designed, just go solid chunks of meta for limbs, it would look better than this poo

Why wasn't he in the Suicide Squad?

Smart move

I like the idea of it but the execution so far has been atrocious.

>I dont understand why the DCEU couldn't be something totally different from Marvel

Because Superhero films all have to be "fun" . Nolan bats are the only films to pull off a different tone without complaints

I can't wait to see how they inject humor into Black Panther since everyone in Wakanda is a joyless fuck

out of all the possibilitties for the look the choise making him a clustherfuck transformer loking mess

I'm sure Martin Freeman can carry the movie's comedy on his shoulders.

kek nobody is forcing you to watch them

The DCEU should have just gone full Brave and The Bold.

>I dont understand why the DCEU couldn't be something totally different from Marvel
It could. It just had to be handled by better people and not rushed to shit.
There's nothing wrong with a serious somber tone with heightened drama but why the fuck would you get the writer of Blade Trinity for that?

All I have to say is he'd be really cool as a bad guy

Dass rayciss!

Because they didnt want to make Deadshot look like a pussy. Also "muh world ending threat"

Interesting pasta you've got there.

>Nolan bats are the only films to pull off a different tone without complaints
Because it's Batman
That tone works for Batman.
When you try to put that tone one Superman you end up like those guys that "fix" properties like Mario by making him talk about dicks and braining koopas with a wrench.

I actually like Grid better than Vic anyway

>Also "muh world ending threat"
What did he mean by this?

DC movies are NOT DC

We are NOT losing to Marvel

Yes, good, good. Distance yourself from WB and embrace Rebirth.

t.idiot who doesn't read comics

Meaning SS should not have been about a magic witch wanting to destroy the world with her magic sky laser.

It seriously looks like you could kick Cyborg in the knee or ankle and cripple him.

Cyborg is like the second worst selling Rebirth title atm, first being Blue Beetle.

Nobody likes Vic.

But that's what people see these movies for, right?

>Blue Beetle is selling worse than Cyborg
HOW?

Yeah because there's only ever one tone used in all Superman stories. Fuck off.

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-11.html
>Cyborg #4 - 104
>Cyborg #5 - 108
>Blue Beetle #3 - 110

No clue. Lack of interest? Vic's been around in the public a bit more via TT than Jaime.

>first being Blue Beetle.

Poor Giffen. At least we will get some classic sour grapes hilarity from the last few issues.

Damn, so I guess the new JL image is just the one that got leaked already. When's the trailer already?

Deathstroke doesn't work well in the squad. He would find a way to disarm the bomb in his head and kill everybody.

You know that actually could have been a good plot for the film instead of yet another world destroying threat

>Deathstroke was taken in
>he escapes
>the useless asswipes they still have left have to go take him in so Waller doesn't lose credibility
Yes, yes good.

his legs look fucked!

>That "gun" arm
Jesus fucking christ, that can't be the final product. No fucking chance.

Turns out people just liked one limited run for whatever reason and then stopped giving a shit about the character.

It's kinda weird how Cyborg is a eunuch, is that canon in the comics? I saw a panel once where he was just a head plugged into a computer.

Yeah, he had to be castrated because negro male sexuality is threatening to the crusty white men who write these things.

He can currently change his body into human form. So it gives him a cock

That seems like a cop out.
How do you explain Jason Momoa as Aquaman then?

This Aquaman is an alcoholic and suffers from impotence issues as a result.

I loved Giffen's earlier work like with the Justice League titles.

I wonder how the current Blue Beetle run is.

Batman is the only member of the League with a functioning dick, Flash ejaculates too fast to be able to fuck, and Superman has a cloaca like all Kryptonians.

This had better just be shitty bait pasta.

>This Aquaman is an alcoholic

Would you say he drinks like a fish?

>implying flash doesn't have a flashy refractory period

he can blow a load get soft get hard again and blow another load before superman can get his dick out

Batman is based on DKR Batman, he hasn't had a boner since he was thirty.

I'm glad Jack Kirby isn't alive to see this.

Did Kirby even want the Fourth World to be a part of the wider DC universe?

The amount of laser-guided-kvetching that Kirby would be able to do to current DC would put /co itself to shame.
He could put out comic book version of a roast about their mistakes, and we wouldn't stop fangasming over it for a year.
The quotes would block out Star Wars.

It was originally going to be part of Thor (death of the old gods, coming of the New Gods) but when he left Marvel, he took the idea to DC instead.

I don't think it there was any ever doubt about if it would be part of the universe, especially since he took over Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen and that's where Darkseid débuted.

Besides, where in the 70s could he have got as much exposure and money other than at Marvel or DC? They'd be calling the shots regardless of what he wanted to do and that's exactly what they did.

Somebody go back in time and prevent Zack Snyder from being born

Zack Snyder was no mere accident of birth, his coming has been foretold.

The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Comic-Con to be born?

>>It's just like Marvel you guys! Please go see it!
The writer of that article understands the complex omniversal dynamics of This Justice Leauge.

>Zack Snyder in charge of the Flash/Cyborg movie
Its like DC is begging FlashBorg to come to realite and superboyprime their headquarters.
Where is based Rick Famuyiwa?

>Zack Snyder in charge of the Flash/Cyborg movie

Where'd it say that?

I was thinking the same thing.

judging by my time travel medias, that would just cause someone even worse to direct the DCEU movies.

Do you really want to take the risk?

Nobody is happy. This is punishment for your shit taste.

This is what happens when you want to build a superhero universe with no goal beyond not being Marvel.

They tried to make it different, they really did, but nobody had any idea how to make it different in any meaningful way. Nobody bothered to answer the question, "Different how?"

They should have just made it Marvel but BETTER.

man of steel was completely different from anything marvel's done, as was BvS

There are shortcomings, but the biggest problem seems to be lack of a unified direction, rushing, and no real forethought.

meh

Wells been poisoned by N52. Most new readers dont even know about his original run and giffen aint making the latest run as accessible as it could be