Tell me exactly what makes Disney Marvel shit without resorting to “muh quips...

Tell me exactly what makes Disney Marvel shit without resorting to “muh quips.” Are you guys just shitting on anything popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ&t=2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't think it's 'shit'. They make some decent enjoyable movies.
It just feels a little soulless at this point. All their movies have a similar tone and it's starting to feel pointless to watch them

shit writing
shit character development
shit cgi
shit colour scheme

Cookie cutter
Artistically safe
Filled with humor for general, moronic audiences
Generally lack a sense of actual danger
Generally underdeveloped antagonists

>convoluted villain plan
>absolutely forgettable villains in general
>shitty color
>shitty soundtrack
>bad acting in general from good actors (i.e. Tilda, Mads and RDJ doesn't care anymore)
>bad CGI
>repetitive
>monotone (as in it's always kinda light)
I can go on if you want

yeah we're just shitting on anything popular. these movies are classics

oh boy here we go

Everything listed here can be applied to the DCEU

with the exception of soundtrack, but Zimmer is gone now so there goes that.

Every one of them is a soulless by-the-numbers exercise in appealing to as broad a demographic as possible.

>Everything listed here can be applied to the DCEU
>convoluted villain plan
>absolutely forgettable villains in general
>shitty soundtrack

forced inclusion

/thread

like every blockbuster?

Correct

The films are really fucking boring to look at.

youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ&t=2s

marvel went full SJW once disney took over to push their political agenda same group of people like pedowood, same crazy religion and everything that hates anyone not like them.

People in costumes fighting people in costumes. At least I can bet on football.

>Are you guys just shitting on anything popular?
It's Sup Forums, so yeah. Yeah, pretty much.

Lol dude are you new to Sup Forums? Shitting on popular things has been this boards MO since it’s creation.

fpbp

Yeah, if the MCU movies were independent films that barely made a profit, but with the same exact writing and plots, Sup Forums would cum all over the franchise and unironically say it's kino.

You're a retarded fan boy.
Grow the fuck up, and watch a movie where actors don't play dress up, and act goofy!

The best marvel movies were the ones that took themselves seriously, like Winter Soldier. Every other movie pulls the same "lol we're superheroes how weird xD" shit that feels insulting.

>YOU JUST HATE IT BECAUSE ITS POPULAR
God, are MCUcks really this childish?

Welcome to Sup Forums. The fucking MILLISECOND a Marvel movie is unpopular with the fan base it'll be "the only good MCU movie" according to Sup Forums and you all know it.

I can tell who plays video games

Nothing in these posts can be refuted. Just shit movies all around

They also can't be proven either, lists mean nothing

its shit user

once they get involved like the same they who push all the SJW marvel comics, its bound to fail.

Disney needs to do what is right and clean house getting rid of all them before they make it like pedowood eating babies and raping children.

This will bomb without Wonder Woman because she is an Israeli, this is a fact.

This.

its wrong.

who cares?
No one is watching the DC movies to begin with.

fa/tv/irgins are just shitting on it because it's popular

yes.

all the marvel films (with the exception of maybe the first iron man) have been bland.

Not bad, not good. Bland. Made on a conveyor belt

dc films, no, only zack snyder films, had artistic integrity in them. and before you say "no they didn't. Yes. They did. And I'm not saying this movie was good, or bad. But If it didn't had any artistic integrity, BVS would never happened. That movie was one of the most disappointing films financially, probably ever. They allowed Snyder to did this, even though they could have just made it safe. Bland. Which is what they're doing now, ever since suicide squad/wonder woman

dc film directors had an actual movies that they did before. Marvel directors? Most of them are TV directors or indie directors who made like one movie in their entire lives. They're yes men. They do nothing except shoot the footage feige wants them to make. Which is why these movies look like shit.

Again, I don't think BVS was good movie. But it was more cinematic than civil war. I'm sorry but civil war looks like a fucking lifetime movie.

Both DC films (except maybe the first part of Wonder Woman in Themyscira) and Marvel films have bad color grading. DC films have overstatured colors, while marvel films have desaturated colors. In the end, the latter is worse. That doesn't make DC films looks good, but marvel films just looks a lot of worse. Like a fucking lifetime movie.

I really don't think marvel films are gonna age well. Like, I really think despite the fact this is the highest grossing movie franchise of all time, people are not gonna remember this fondly. But with "why did this make so much money? this is so bad". These movies are gonna age like milk. Except the first iron man film. Honestly this movie looks better than the recent marvel flicks, despite the fact it's almost 10 years old.

>Made on a conveyor belt

Honestly, Civil War had all of the same issues and problems with it that people had with BvS except it was "fun". However the quips and humour also created huge tonal shifts in the movie that really stand out.

I honestly just find them boring. They're supposed to be "fun" but I'm completely checked out by the third act. All the characters are kinda the same at this point. I'm not too highbrow to enjoy a dumb action movie or laugh at quips, but the action here is often amateurishly executed with NO believable stakes or risk for the characters, and the quips aren't funny. It's the kind of "humor" that keeps everything light and fluffy, but never actually makes you laugh. Am I wrong?

There are exceptions - the first "Guardians" movie was fun, and I thought most of the Phase 1 movies were pretty good. The first "Captain America" movie, especially, was an example of what these films could be and should be. But at a certain point, I think the studio honestly realized that they didn't really have to try too hard to make these things good, and people would lap it up anyway.

Op I am a huge Marvel fanatic. Civil War was a too crowded. Captain America 3 was really an Avengers movie. The whole thing was hijacked and not in a good way. What happened in this movie should have been spread out into 2 movies. There should have been a movie that distinctly lead up to Civil War.

They stopped trying to make good movies. They've been going downhill since "The Avengers." By the time they threw Edgar Wright overboard with like 2 weeks before he started filming, it was clear that this had become a money-making venture and NOTHING more. I like superheroes, I like good capeshit movies, so I honestly don't understand why you're still supporting this bland half-assed trash. For the amount of money they're raking in, fans should be demanding a much, much higher level of quality than this.

That airport scene is everything I hate about these corporate cold films condensed into 30 minutes of awful CGI, inappropriate quips and shit action choreography.

>X is bad
>But Y is worse!
EVERY-FUCKING-TIME!

>I'm not too highbrow to enjoy a dumb action movie or laugh at quips, but the action here is often amateurishly executed with NO believable stakes or risk for the characters, and the quips aren't funny. It's the kind of "humor" that keeps everything light and fluffy, but never actually makes you laugh. Am I wrong?
This is exactly how I feel about the MCU lately.

>I'm completely checked out by the third act.
same

there's never any stake in the action because its always CGI rubber man shit. Okay, so I'm watching a video game cut scene now?

GotG 2 had to be the worst for this. I loved the first two acts, but by golly was that climax boring.

>They stopped trying to make good movies.
and when you look at it, that probably was the point
> create a decent pilot
> establish a brand
> auto pilot
> check the boxes of Movie Plot 101
> PR the shit out of the movie
> idiots continue to lap the nostalgia / "I'm a nerd, look at me" shit

I'm sure Duck Dynasty / Kardashians aren't going 10 seasons because every season is cinematic excellence
Americans want to belong to something so bad, you have idiots championing iphone vs samsung and buying $100 plastic buckets because they have a "YETI" sticker on them

these movies are all bad but capeshit fans are fucking pathetic proven by this post

>it's all the cynicism thrown at Hollywood made into a franchise

Bland visual aesthetics, bland aural aesthetics, repetitive and formulaic writing. None of the movies are all that terrible on their own, and if you are the kind of person who goes to the movies a handful of time per year and immediately stop thinking about a movie as soon as you leave the theater like most people in a general audience, you would have no reason to have a problem with that sort filmmaking style. If you are the kind of person that makes a hobby of watching/dissecting/discussing movies, you're going to get really bored really fast.

So? Just because brain cancer is worse than skin cancer doesn't mean you should stop wearing sunblock.

They lack true heart and sincerity, if you ask me. That's why The Winter Solider is still the best one of these movies.

There's just too much of an effort now to turn these movies into outright comedies where each dramatic point is completely deflated or undercut with a joke.

They stink and I don't like them.

If you wanted a Marvel vs DC thread, why didn't you just say so in the first place?

I think they're false flagging, bro.

How was it fun?

it was fun because spiderman referenced empire strikes back and called it an old movie hahahaha

I agree with him, BvS and Civil War both had a 'motivated by their mother' story line that wasn't very good, yet people loved one and hated the other. The only difference was that CW bombarded you with jokes making it appear 'fun'. Which isn't fair really, because BvS had some beautiful shots and scenes. The opening scene where you see the desctruction of Metropolis from Wayne's point of view is one of the best in all of capeshit, it gave me chills

Both of these are correct, anyone who says otherwise is a blind fanboy.

Worldbuilding, it feels like a tv show