There's also been a shift in music, with Tyler Bates (Watchmen, John Wick) replacing James L...

>There's also been a shift in music, with Tyler Bates (Watchmen, John Wick) replacing James L. Venable from the original series run. Bates and Tartakovsky worked together on 2010’s Sym-Bionic Titan, and Bates jumped at the chance to come back a darker soundscape for a more broken Jack.

I didn't watch Symbionic Titan, is music good? I feel like work of James L. Venable was fantastic on the original Samurai Jack and it's a big shame he won't come back. It would be GOAT instantly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4t7WDTIHE48
youtube.com/watch?v=PirRWSoxuYU
youtu.be/nq3Ny8kszPA?t=6m43s
youtu.be/7WAeT11et9w?t=1252
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't remember it being bad but I don't remember anything standing out from it

youtube.com/watch?v=4t7WDTIHE48

If only the full soundtrack existed

youtube.com/watch?v=PirRWSoxuYU

They used the cure

Love this moment
youtu.be/nq3Ny8kszPA?t=6m43s

What?

It's good, it needed a shift. They can't just up and continue the series as is, the samurai on the epic endless quest who perseveres always and such. A shift in music was needed

I really liked that brief period when it seemed like every cartoon was using licensed music. I assume they stopped because of the cost/payoff ratio, but it was still cool.

when?

They used Space Age Love Song in the booty shake episode, and it's Flock of Seagulls, not the Cure. OP is just a philistine. And a fag. A faggostine.

I have no idea how Bates sounds, having not seen Sym-Bionic Titan yet, but I think it'll be hard to match Venable. His musical stings really brought out the mood in more tense moments.

I love Tyler Bates

His scores are fantastic

If you're wondering, Bates also did the Score for:

Super
Watchmen
Guardians of the Galaxy
Slither
Devil's Rejects
Dawn of the Dead 2004
Killer Joe
Killzone Shadowfall

so shitty flicks, no thanks

>Super
>Killer Joe
>Shit

Pleb

How the fuck do you even confuse A Flock of Seagulls with The Cure?

generic music is what i meant, god its going to be terrible compared to the original soundtrack

What's Genndy's role this time? I'm hearing he's only going to be a producer for the new season, leaving the direction to someone else.

Alright I can respect that atleast

Nah he's directing, he went all in on this shit

>Broken Jack
>A warrior betrayed by time

I'm already a demon, Aku.

>Aku is I in another language
Mind blown!

>Bates also did the score (not the songs) of image related

I know we probably won't but I want to hear this little bit again they put at the end of a few episodes as Jack walks over the Horizon

youtu.be/7WAeT11et9w?t=1252

It just encapsulates the tone perfectly in a few seconds.