Who'll direct the inevitable new adaptation of Dune?

Who'll direct the inevitable new adaptation of Dune?

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com/entertainment/movies/2017/02/02/canadian-denis-villeneuve-will-direct-dune-worlds-bestselling-sci-fi-novel.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ciasVF9joks
youtu.be/F4B_SHCKNwc
youtu.be/qC13tIjUPzo
youtu.be/UWFm2LIYNjg
youtu.be/gvDvjyc0H4I
youtu.be/YvJ4c_xzq8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

David Lynch

J J Abrams

No

denise vilnerf obviously

Hopefully nobody. It's not meant for normies.

Spike Lee

Is that a joke? We already know.

No one. Adaptation fags need to die.

Based Denis will

They don't hire flop frauds anymore, kiddos.

They canceled it.

wrong

wrong

There's only one answer.

Jodorowsky couldn’t do it. Lynch couldn’t do it. Villeneuve couldn’t do it. Some movies just shouldn’t be made and be left alone.

not while he's alive. refn has his blessing to turn his dune script into an anime after he passes though. chances are that will be the next dune adaptation to be made. jodo is 85 or something. even a wizard like him has to go eventually.

If it could get a lotr like adaptation though....

Anyways you're probably right. Most of dune's story happens in dialogue and even internal monologues, actual important events are few. But still I think someone should be able to condense at least part 1 into a trilogy or something

>being this delusional

Fucking pathetic.

He literally said in a recent interview that he's currently working on another big Sci Fi movie

>Lynch couldn't do it

You're so wrong. Lynch did it. It's the children who are wrong.

>another flop
Sorry, kid, but the studios can't afford dealing with this retard anymore.

and he didnt say it would be DUNE. what does that tell you? even before BR he said he has a couple original ideas for his own SF flicks but no idea when to make those. with DUNE cancelled, he'll probably make something with ARRIVAL's modest pricerange to get back to being a profitable director

>reddit spacing

>Lynch couldn’t do it
right, except that he did it and it came out and it was good

not hackeneuve after the mammoth fuckup that was BR2049

>guyz guyz do i le fit in, le villeneuve is so le ebin win xdddd

>Americans won't watch anything but Capeshit, Disney movies, and horror flicks
>It's Villeneuve's fault!

>ID count didn't increase

People are fucking plebs.
I had to violate my local theater's no singles policy to watch BR2049

i love denise but it wasn't that good really. not surprising it didn't do well. too many cooks

BR2049 didn't flop because it was a bad movie, it flopped because the marketing was shit and it's a sequel to a 35 year old movie that wasn't very popular in the first place.

When he will die, who will direct the inevitable biopic of him playing his self in a film about a film he never made ?

The Disney shills are ever increasing since Thor is now released in America. There's like 5 threads bashing JL right now (not that it doesn't look like shit) but it's pretty obvious

good job retard

>this pathetic damage control, top fucking kek

Hopefully this.

Tommy wiseau as Alejandro jodorosky

Yeah, it was truly horrible, that's why it flopped!

The first movie flopped too

denis villeneuve says he wants to adapt dune to film, it's gonna be him

Shouldn't you be shilling Thor Ragnarok right now?

You people are retarded. it's already in development and they've already tapped Villeneuve.

thestar.com/entertainment/movies/2017/02/02/canadian-denis-villeneuve-will-direct-dune-worlds-bestselling-sci-fi-novel.html

>no singles policy

what?

I can literally hear you seething as you typed these posts TOP FUCKING KEKE

the jews justed villeneuve when he got cucked by the capeshit redditors

Rian Johnson

you'll just look like an idiot when Villeneuve makes his next kino, no skin off my back

there's no point unless they build a Dali emperor animatronic.

The duke is described as having dark skin in the book.

Yeah, olive skin since they're Greeks.

i just hope that master science fiction writer brian herbert gets input on the script like his father would have wanted

I thought Bladerunner 2049 guy, Villianvue, was going to?

Please try to speak in anything but memes.

>you in charge of getting the joke

i am glad br2049 flopped big time because now the dune project will be done by an actual good filmmaker, this is like a touch of destiny or something. villeneoueve is a competent filmmaker, but he's not great or even good.

there's no joke there though, only autism

>He thinks calling a great director less than good will make him seem more intelligent
Fuck off

dude whate makes us human lmao
dude wide shots with slow zoom-ins lmao

>february

this is now a true kino: aka dune 1984 thread

the point was to highlight the facile mindset of the average poster who lives and dies by memes, and the futility of trying to interact with them meaningfully.
the real joke is that you call me an autist yet i'm literally having to explain humour to you SMDHFAM

it was a GLOBAL FLOP, so don't go blaming americans.

Kevin SPACEy

No one, hopefully

He'll turn himself from gold to aether.

I'm not in the mood.

It will be JJ Abrams of course

Anything that anyone has ever enjoyed in their younger lives is given to him so that he can literally destroy it with explosions.

youtube.com/watch?v=ciasVF9joks
>ywn get baked on spice and listen to gurney jamming on his space guitar
damn

So how likely is it that a House based on rice and fish exports would ever realistically get a hold of Arrakis?

Don't mind me dropping some music kino

youtu.be/F4B_SHCKNwc
youtu.be/qC13tIjUPzo
youtu.be/UWFm2LIYNjg
youtu.be/gvDvjyc0H4I
youtu.be/YvJ4c_xzq8Q

their appointment was based more on the fact the emperor feared house atreides would gather all the opposition around itself and challenge the imperial house, and less on economics.

This, Lynch's Dune is pure kino.

>150 mil budget
> 225 mil gross after a month
> Doesn't account for the standard 100-150+ mil marketing budget for big budget movies
> doesn't realize the fact that the distributor receives little more than half of the final gross with the remainder going to the theaters.
> calls me a retard

Neck yourself fagit. It'll be a miracle if the studio even manages to break even at this point. Hackeneuve's praying that this gets a few oscar noms to help with the dvd sales, otherwise he's back to selling baguettes out of a cart.

This is a /Lynch's Dune/ thread now.

how many fucking people are going to pretend like they have always LOVED dune when this shit comes out

god she's so qt

I only came here to say that Finn Wolfhard should be cast as Paul Atreides.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Do people actually do that, though? It's more of a Star Wars thing or, if you want to seem really nerdy I guess, Star Trek. Dune never really received that false prominence from attention whoring.

What was the most Lynchian scene in Dune?

Duke Leto Atreides.

Literally what did he mean by this?

Lynch's Dune has some of the best practical effects I've ever seen in a movie, it still holds up well today.

this would make me VERY happy

>By an actual good filmmaker
Like?

And the fremen are Arabs.

What machines is this fucker talking about? Navigational computers?! Anal dildos?!

"We have just folded space from Ix...Many machines on Ix. New machines."
(Confused looking Emperor):"Oh. Yes."
"Better than those on Richese."

And why are Richese machines such utter shit?

Dune: Now with lense-flares, LGBTQY fremen living in a postcapitalist utopia in the desert, complete with cute merchandise. Also this will be a reboot of the shit prequels, just to stay true to form. It will be great.
It will be great...

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D