Pax Americana - Chronological edition storytime

So I'm currently reading through multiversity again and I reached the Pax chapter. I figured I'd post the chronological edition I saved back when the issue first came out in 2015 (I think?)

Enjoy :) I'll be reading along with you.

Remember to bump.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/cameronMstewart/status/535746350378651649
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Great idea, user.

Bump

Man, Harley's like a super-intelligent and well-meaning George Bush. It's sort of freaky.

Damn I love this page I'm just making a coffee. Back in 2 minutes guys.

I'm posting this entire issue.

twitter.com/cameronMstewart/status/535746350378651649

I didn't make this, another user did around the time Pax Americana came out.

I just saved it because I figured it's nice to read in order.

Glad some Creator still visit this place.

>Sup Forums is so stupid that needs help reading a simple comic

I really hate how pleb friendly this board is. We already are known as the dumbest board in 4cham do we really need to help said fame?

That's just your opinion man. If you don't like it you can always just do something else rather than enter the thread.

And we've reached the half way point. I hope you're all enjoying this.

bump

He *is* a really weird amalgam of presidential features. He's like Kennedy Bush-Reagan.

bumping

What a good issue. i hope we see more of these guys.

9 more pages to go Fellas

I've got the rest of the physical trade of multiversity to fnish rereading, and them onto Batman earth 1: vol 2 to start for the first time.

Is vol 2 good? I liked vol 1.

You know, in the context of Multiversity, the President *is* right. Adam eventually returns from the House of Heroes (Like the black Superman) and presumably puts everything to right.

bump

thanks, I've been meaning to read it chronologically

Holy shit I thought this was only 34 pages, we still got another 7 to go!

My pleasure Brother

Next page before the one attached to this post is but I posted that as the OP Image.

Onto page 35 :)

fuck that last panel always gets me.

The end

A story about a president who would resurrect and become a messiah to save the world.

Cameron Stewart is the biggest faggot in the industry.

huh, I don't remember this part.

I think I liked the original reading order better
thanks though OP!

>President Dad feels bad that he killed Super Grandfather
>Captain Manhattan and President Dad link themselves through some kind of causal loop, showing them President Dad's ultimate fate and the inevitable peaceful result
>President Dad hires White Jax to clean up the loose ends of Manhattan/Dad plan
>We're supposed to assume that Captain Manhattan is coming back?
Ok, am I dense and not "getting it" or is it just this simple.

Do White Jax and The Comedian not know each other? How deep is the irony supposed to be in this page? They both work for President D(e)ad right?

>tfw Morrison writes yet another issue of disposable children's fiction that can change a nigga's life

>President Harley kills Yellowjacket Dad by accident as a kid and feels bad
>President Harley goes on a quest around the world to discover why bad things happen and if theres a way to understand it
>Captain Adam comes from the future to show him the algorithm which can predict things before they happen. A secret formula that works behind the scenes to make everything happen.

Young Harley then uses this formula to become president Harley.

His plan is to get peacemaker to kill him in front of the world so that he dies; and then have Captain Adam revive him so he comes back from the dead and can be revered as a messiah for the world to rally around.

Basically, president Harley wanted to become President Jesus Christ. He asked Peacemaker to kill him and then asked Captain Adam to revive him.

However the gentry infected this world, they used Sarge steel (metal hand guy ) and the greedy vice president to stop this happening.

>However the gentry infected this world, they used Sarge steel (metal hand guy ) and the greedy vice president to stop this happening.
Ok. Thank fucking god. I could tell there was something more sinister that I wasn't picking up on.

Is there anything that links Sarge/VP to the gentry specifically or is it just the only reasonable conclusion given the context within Multiversity? I honestly can't tell what differentiates their actions and motivations from those of Atom and Harley since the entire point of the issue seemed to be "fate" and loops.

This page for Sarge Steel And as for the Vice president, he might just be an unwitting pawn of the Gentry rather than an active agent. Maybe Sarge Steel controls the board as Vic Sage asks here The Gentry are using Sarge steel to manipulate the situation to their favor.

I can definitely see "they" as the Gentry in panel 5.

I think I was confused because Atom/Harley's plan was never really made explicit and so it just seemed like *all* of the mysterious stuff in the issue was the result of their plan.

It definitely makes sense now, the implied escalation of Atom's role from "he can't even rebuild a dog" up to "he rebuilds the towers" concluding with "he resurrects the president."

I had a completely backwards analysis going where the VP and the Harley were on the same team and the "end of superheroes" was some kind of statement about disarmament being necessary for world peace and etc etc.

Like most of Grant's stuff; it's confusing as fuck and requires multiple reads.

>fruedian calculus and octopus logic are the intellectual nation-states of puritanical mathemagicians
you don't say

>Combining modern psychology and Sprengler

So, did Captain Atom really die?

My theory is that the 'algorithm' at least partially involves an understanding that their reality is ordered along an 8 panel grid. Hence the '8' ring he wears when assassinated and the 8 related imagery throughout the book

> 8 as infinity as a mobius strip
not merely an 8-panel grid, but an 8-panel pattern, or song, that repeats itself forwards and backwards through infinity, simultaneously the cause and effect of itself. It fits in nicely with Invisibles and Final Crisis.

I don't have time to analyze the Spengler connection other than to say that in addition to the "society as superorganism" concept, he believed history was cyclical too.

Also,
>7 tie-ins, plus Multiversity framing device
>Seven Soldiers of Victory, plus "secret" 8th member
8 as an "escalation of the perfection of 7" pops up a few times in Morrison's work.

Also Nix owes his landlord 800 dollars. final post about "8," I swear.

RIP in fucking pieces.

Thanks for the storytime, OP.

>tfw you want an easy enjoyable read and not a phD in quantum mechanics and physics.