Who's better at animation?

Who's better at animation?

West for 3D
East for 2D

Though I enjoyed Evangelion, it's hardly representative of the East's animation. Half the damn series is just still images.

Pretty sure the point of that scene was to show Shinji's struggle to make a decision and to create tension.

The west, no question.

You're right and wrong. That is the purpose of the scene, but it's also a well known fact that halfway through the show's production they got their budget slashed and had to cut back on animation. It's the same reason why that elevator scene with rei and asuka is just a still image and why the last two episodes were so weird.

well if Kimi no Na wa is the best japs have to offer then I guess I have to go with the west

True but it also works in the elevator scene.

>cgi crap
>animation
Pleb.

the recent western trend of making animation look like a heap of steaming dogshit is pretty baffling

west overall though theres really bad shit recently. the vast majority of anime is just lazy and uninspired.

Disney Renaissance animation is better than the 12 fps slide shows the east consistently shits out.

I've masturbated to both

>underage pleb with no taste

Let's just say the japs are much better at doing good with shit budgets.

This is the undisputed pinnacle of Disney.

>EAST

Top level West is generally better(especially for TV)but it needs like ten times the budget of anime to do it.

Started strong then turned into a joke. Older Disney eras are much more consistent.

how can anime women even compete?

>blue hair goku
>gold vegeta

da fuq?

this

West is better at storytelling
East is better at animation

looks like somebody never heard of dragonball super

>>gold vegeta

nigga...

I agree and would add that east has better(or at least more interesting) stories but is horrible at presenting them while west is simple but well executed. That's just for animation of course, not film.

/thread

Bravo Nolan.

shit now I'm need to go back and rewatch the namek arc