Stargate joins Wars and Trek in feminist prequel hell

>nuWars
hey y'all always wanted to know what happened immediately before the first scene of episode IV right? how those plans got on that rebel ship to begin with?
>uh not real-
and it'll have a female lead! :O
>t-thanks I guess

>nuTrek
every fan always wanted to know what was going on immediately before TOS began right??
>not really, I've had enough TOS era nuTrek for a while, can't we do something diff-
and it'll have a FEMALE BLACK LEAD!!
>oh wow that's amazing, how do you come up with this stuff?

>nuGate
look guys, I know you're all anxious to find out what happened before the original movie started what with the Langfords resarch on the gate
>no not at all actually, that's all been covered pretty extensively in several episodes alread-
AND IT HAS A FEMALE LEAD
>brilliant

even normies have to get bored of this shit at some point, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/7/20/16007184/stargate-origins-sg-1-mgm-sdcc-2017
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck castrated cuck entertainment

post that old Sup Forums-ish drawing which shows how girls infiltriate into boy hobbies then ruin them

My least favourite thing about feminism in television show is the drastic reduction in panty.
I don't care if they sexualise men and show off their bare chests just as long as I get sexy panty scenes.
In the name of equality they could show mans butt holes and dangling ball sacks and then some tasteful female panty scenes to balance it out in some sort of 70%-30% equality scenario

They only show their panties to Hollywood kiked, they show it all actually. And then they go on screen pontificating us about stronk independent womyn

>formerly chuck entertainment

Have you ever watched any Star Trek?

There's always been grils in 'nerd' shit, but previously they were fujoshi and social outcasts. The normies are the ones flooding in and ruining shit now.

GOOLD?

Hey great citation you fucking Sup Forumsite denizen

Maybe link to the shit you're autistically screeching about next time so I don't have to Google this shit.

theverge.com/2017/7/20/16007184/stargate-origins-sg-1-mgm-sdcc-2017

>Langfords resarch on the gate
is this for real? they're making a whole series about this shit?
so in a series named "stargate", they'll open the stargate only once and we'll never get to see aliens?

uhm yeah sweetie, but catherine will be kicking all kinds of ass! :)

It's a fucking mini series with 10 minute episodes with literally no budget. What do you expect.

>climax of the series is a guy in early 20th century diving suit walking through the gate
>we don't get to see the resolution of this climax
amazing

>those hips

Can't wait.

A strong female lead is not the issue, the issue is that they often force masculine traits onto female characters to get that 'YAAAAAAAS, SLAY QUEEN!!!' effect.
I honesty feel that an action orientated show can rarely benefit from a female lead.

Star trek Discovery has been fine, stop bitching

Also Rogue One was fine too actually

I mean obviously Origins is going to be shit, but stop whinging just on principle

Not that user, but as a stargate fan whinging is all I've got, tbph.

On a separate note, what are Sup Forums's thoughts on that stargate streaming service that's out now? 20 bucks and you get to stream all 3 series for 6 months. I actually think I"m gonna get it.

>10 minute episodes
>only ten episodes
it's LITERALLY nothing.

The fucking pilot was longer than this.

At least there's still interest I guess, but this'll be pointless

They're testing the waters, I think. It's been 10 years.

I will give Rogue One credit in that a lot of effort clearly went to capturing the classic Star Wars world and you really could believe it took place right before the first movie.

Discovery on the other hand is a fucking mess and I don't get how they can pass that off as 10 years before Kirk.