Dude time isn't linear lmao

dude time isn't linear lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

news.wsu.edu/2017/04/10/negative-mass-created-at-wsu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

more like dude language isnt linear

Time?

Films that are too smart for Sup Forums.

DUDE CIRCLES LMAO

You're a big squid.

Dude love lmao

DUDE WE NEED YOUR HELP IN LIKE A MILLION YEARS LMAO

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

>the distinct sensation when abbot is death process

Such jibberish.

you're a failure

nice trips tho

can you please copy the text in your post then delete it and post it again. im trying to do a chain here.

i know it pasta but Arrival does not have a twist. Its a story about appreciating life.

DUDE WE FINALLY MADE CONTACT WITH ALIENS, WELP, BETTER THREATEN TO BLOW EM UP WITH NUKES SO THE MOVIES MORE EXCITING LMAOOOOOOO

dude jesus

> A theme and ideas should be left open to interpretation in order to be deep.

You are one of the people you describe

Tfw too smart for linear communication

Lol what a fag

giv time back

>A theme and ideas should be left open to interpretation in order to be deep.

You are one of the people you describe

can you please copy the text of this post and then delete it?

I'm trying to do a chain here

linear lmao

isn't

I think it is possible that we could remember the future, the arrow of time is not a certain principle. Time is tricky, but I think this movie dropped the ball because it went for a moralizing explanation of the effects of this kind of, lets call it "full time experience" i.e. you experience your whole life as one moment. This is the Dr. Manhattan view or sub specie aeterni of Spinoza- the complete viewpoint of god. The brain might be able to capture moments from the future, but a complete viewpoint would not only be impossible from a neuroscience or phsyics perspective, it violates logic itself. One would become trapped in self-repeating eternities, look up McTaggart's theories on A vs. B time scales, I won't bore you with the details, but it makes the central point of this movie hard for me. Sorry, for being a pedant.

:DDDDDD

time

dude

Scientists are stupid, time is linear and anyone with a brain can see that as true. Have you ever gone BACK in time? Have scientists gone FORWARD in time? No, time is as its presented to us and a fully linear things, scientists just reinvent the wheel and everyone eats it up.

i think youve created a new a meme here. a very niche one but still, a meme

can you shut the fuck up

I want to unsee that flick

t. brainlet DCuck

It isnt.

This film was globalist propaganda

I felt like whoever wrote it was a linguist that had their wife/husband stolen by some physicist.

wait what?
I though time was a flat circle

time doesnt exist you dumb fag

Maybe its just because I'm a Godcuck that appreciates theological themed movies and dislikes reddit science films but this flick literally boiled down to WORD TUB TIME MACHINE LMAO.

How did they pitch it to the studio to make it sound reasonable?

>so there's these circle words
>and by reading them you can go back in time
>what do you think Mr Goldstein?

>scientists are stupid
>Have scientists gone FORWARD in tiem?
Ever heard of an Alcubierre Drive?

>t. bluepilled alienophobe

So the answer is still no then

Sciencecucks BTFO
RED ALERT
Someone wheel out Bill Nye the Mechanical Engineering Guy
QUICK

>too smart
>bunch of xenophobic hicks are given free reign over the area with explosives
>potentially start an interstellar war with a superior civ because of muh safety

This shit was written in kindergarten

It wasn't smart at all, it's literally bottom of the barrel shit that repeatedly beats you over the head with the concept in as simple terms as possible so that the normie audience could understand it

news.wsu.edu/2017/04/10/negative-mass-created-at-wsu/

We are getting closer everyday.

I like science and and am not a godcuck(although I don't really have issues with christianity) and I hated the movie. I feel it's more for stoner new-age types than anything.

I felt like Dr. Banks should have had more difficulty adjusting to her new frame of reference. Maybe do something to spook the Army officers who're worried about subversion. Instead, they leave "watching" her to the guy she's banging and she doesn't go off the reservation until they're already distacted by the Chinese crisis.
Also, Renner's character is studying this language on a mathematical basis, right? Yet he doesn't develop any insights of his own? He's an intellectual leader yet he never learns the language for himself? Admittedly it would make the movie twice as complicated if he were also developing these abilities.
Instead, Dr. Banks becomes the Sibyl of the NWO and doesn't have to come clean w/ Jeremy Renner until after the fact. Makes a really lopsided relationship dynamic, even if he does forgive her.

>being anti alien is bluepilled
Umm no sweety