What are Sup Forums's opinions on The Boys?

What are Sup Forums's opinions on The Boys?

Got a little too "USA USA USA (;_;)7" for my taste at the end but I liked it

About what you'd expect from a superhero series written by a guy with a burning hatred for superheroes. Everyone is either an idiot, a thug or a maniac.

It gets storytimed very often for some reason

Started off pretty damn edgy but it had some amazing moments near the end... which is weird, because the end makes me feel pretty damn ambivalent.

About as edgy as I expected it to be, and yet it's still somehow a really engaging and arguably a beautiful story. Guess that's Ennis for ya.

Felt too edgy and heavy handed with the "hurr comics make you dumb!" message, but I don't like Ennis anyway so it's probably just not for me.

He doesn't hate superheroes, it's just that he like war stories so he has this huge manchrush on rough, tough as nails, fighting in the trenches solider boy.

I like the premise.

>some amazing moments

Somebody post "I DID things."

I never finished it, but I enjoyed what I read of it. There's some genuinely funny stuff in there. It's Ennis being Ennis as hard as he can, so you know what you're getting

He hates most superheroes. He likes Superman and that's about it.

It's good. Sup Forums just hates it because muh capes.

Sup Forums absolutely does not hate The Boys.

First time reading it in the storytimes and I'm loving it so far. Sends you through a wide range of emotions. One moment you're laughing then you're disgusted then you're sad

Now, be fair, we did rag on it quite a bit when it first came on the scene. Granted, that was mostly Garth Ennis being... well, Garth Ennis, but let's not rewrite history just because it makes us look bad.

He's also said that he likes Wonder Woman, but it doesn't really show in his work.

If he likes Superman but still created the Homelander, I wouldn't mind seeing what he does to a superhero he really can't stand

He hates Wolverine, and there was that one G-man with the hammers for hands, so it's not nearly that impressive.

He's done way worse to Wolverine - that Punisher arc where he had Logan talk like a complete retard (always referring to himself as "THE OL' CANUCKLEHEAD") and eventually had Frank shoot him in the balls, then run over his legs with a steamroller and leave him there

Maybe he likes his personality, but hates the worship he gets and the bullshit amount of god-tier powers he has?

GONNA

Could be worse

Come now. Every time a super appears in one of his stories he goes out of his way to humiliate him. This is the guy that had Spider-Man get beaten to a pulp for laughs and got Wolverine run over by a steamroller, not to mention sticking disposable supers into other stories so his pet characters can kill them. Every super he writes is either an idiot, a sociopath or an outright murderous thug. Even the "good" ones. Even Superman, who he supposedly likes, is an idiot to leave a man with a gun on a rooftop to shoot his victim the second Supes leaves. This is not an author who likes superheroes.

I thought it was brilliant. Then again, I'm an Ennis fan.

>but hates the worship he gets and the bullshit amount of god-tier powers he has?

That's more Pat Mills.

I honestly dislike it but it's not for the same reasons that everyone else does. See, I like parodies of superhero comics like Super Duper Man because they understand the source material and laugh at the tropes.

The Boys... It just feels like someone got drunk and was making stupid jokes like 'What if Xavier was a pedophile' or 'The Teen Titans were teen stars'. None of the Supers felt like actual characters and instead just felt like Ennis making an excuse to shit on Superheroes.

So, my opinion on the Boys is that I can get behind the idea of a parody of a world full of superheroes, but Ennis' execution of the whole affair doesn't work for me.

>Implying that wasn't the best fucking Wolverine dialogue ever written

>takes that bit away from Hitman 34
Your bias against Ennis is bigger than his could ever be against capes

I expected it to be more than a slight parody and scrutiny of how Tabloid culture works.

Instead it just turns into something stupid, where The Boys cry stories is the strongest point. And everything else is just sad mimickery of "the orphanage is a horrible place"