What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P_dsjmyze2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shoving 3 books into 1 hour and a half film

>inb4 black casting

The person on the right and the kid.

Just let the bad guys win.

There were only two good things about this movie and they were Matthew McConaughey and the revolver shooting choreography. Rest was shit.

Making a movie out of this shit book to begin with

They reversed the names and the actors on the poster

they were doomed from the start

>revolver shooting choreography

That was just straight goofy. If the man in black wasn't composed entirely of deviantart-tier OC writing and powers, it would have been the silliest shit in the movie.

Sony

someone post the webm

youtube.com/watch?v=P_dsjmyze2U
>this made it into the final cut

>Hey guys, we have three very distinct places we could start this story
>Nah let's start by combining the fifth book and the third

A friend of mine who is a big fan of the books was super disappointed about the black protagonist, told me completely ruin the whole thing. Actually i'm not difficult to believe this, I simply pick a character from a book I really like and imagine him cinese, arab or a nigger instead of FUCKING WHITE MALE. Of course he did not went to cinema to see this shitfest.
Oh also he's the normiest of normies, he's not even racist.

Pic related or youtube.com/watch?v=P_dsjmyze2U ?

To my memory it is the way Roland's firefights are described in the books. He's ridicilous.

The reloading, arguably, and just then you limit it to his hands being fast as fuck and not the stupid mid-air-bullet-catch-reload shit. As far as gunplay goes Roland is just absurdly fast and 99.99% accurate when magic isn't involved, he doesn't do gymnastic dives off of buildings and ricochet shots.

Where there even any scenes directly from the books?

Idris Elba can't open a movie. Dark Tower books aren't super well known, mostly known by people who decided not to read them. Reviews weren't great. Marketing went the John Carter route and assumed incorrectly that people already knew basically what it was about.

That's the way I recall it as well. He was like some sort of a gunslinger god. And as a whole, the further the series goes, the more ridiculous it gets as King is running out of ideas.

for me, its idris elba

>detailed description of Roland reloading (particularly after Didachum)
>makes every fight tense, shows Roland's skill contrasting with his age

>movie Roland is really fast at reloading WOW

Directly, no not really.
But everything Jake is from book 2, everything Randall Flagg is book 5, anything Roland is book 1 and 3

They didnt adapt the books
They tried to make their own sequel to it
Which appears to have been an attempt to actually be a pilot for a tv series

Sort of. There's a heavily modified scene where Jake goes into a haunted house to cross over and fights a monster.

>Dark Tower appears in literally 2 shots in entire film and has no plot relevance
>Roland doesn't care and doesn't want to protect it until annoying fucking kid nags him to
>has nothing to do with the books
BLACKED Roland is the least of this movie's problems

That does beg the question: why not just adapt the fucking books as TV-series? The first book would have been pretty decent opening movie for it as is.

As far I know King was on board, so there was no obstructions from him.

I have a theory that Sony is intentionally ruined the IPs they own so that they don't have to think about them anymore.

Do people even read fiction books any more?

Like most of the time, popular fiction makes up 90% of sales while lesser known and occasionally better writers scrape by with the rest. There wouldn't be a market for shit like the kindle readers if people no longer read.

Literally more people read today than ever in history before, ameridumb

what am i even watching at your link related?

>woman starts strapping a kid to a chair
>then its a guy
>then its a woman again

Stephen King