Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/fukui164
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Missed this and Brawl in Cell Block 99 in theaters :/

was Brawl even released in theatres?

Is good time worth my time?

that is true kino tbqh

I would say so, I enjoyed it all the way through

absolutely, one of the best kinos of the year for sure.

Now that the dust has finally had time to settle, are you a Connie or are you a Nick?

THIS MOVIE was fuggin cray cray

why did he just rob the bank by himself

I see you on here all the time, why is this good?

this is worth watching for that ones guys wild tale of how his day went alone.

wtf

It's actually amazing how I only liked pic related, Good Time and BD2049 of all the movies I watched this year. So much mediocre and bland shit.

i know it's a remake, and the og is good, but this was still kino

a24 really killed it this year

it's a good time

bump tell what movie to watch

Seen it 3 hours ago, it was a good time.

>muh pretentious analogy for sex

Korean John Wick

where is this showing? cant seem to find any theatres or online streaming places

Wind River was shit though, the dialogue was cringe incarnated and that Olsen lady can't act for shit.

Where's this from? Reverse search just gives "cartoon"

I dunno, saw it on their Twitter

Yeah I was surprised how fast it was over. Really good, fast pacing. The ending with the Iggy Pop song got me a little choked up.

looks like this is the artist
twitter.com/fukui164

I hope they paid Matt Furie in return for using his likeness

they credited him in the credits

The soundtrack was fucking amazing

I liked some stuff about this movie but it ultimately ended up being sort of in the middle

When Olsen girl kills the drug addict there is this shot where she walks down a corridor slighty hunched and squeezes the trigger repeatidly and it just looks so fucking stupid
Some of the dialogue was ok I thought, other parts were pretty shit

I know I will sound autistic saying this but they keep saying "she ran 6 miles in the snow."
Yes that's a long distance to run in the snow barefoot but they bring it up 6 or 7 times and at some point you just go well she fucking ran however far the script demanded her to
Like she could have run 500 miles I don't give a shit anymore

>pretentious
good analysis

Fucking brilliant film. Of course it helps that there's been little else to really challenge it this year.
3 Billboards and Phantom Threads are the only remaining films I'm holding hope for
Easily

Yeah I liked it quite a bit. You'll probably only like it if you like Sofia Coppola though. Although the plot is different than her usual stuff because it's a remake. For anyone that doesn't know what it's about it's basically a harem movie with Colin Farrell as a civil war soldier staying in a girl's boarding house with a bunch of sex starved women. Has Nicole Kidman, Kirsten Dunst, Elle Fanning and the girl from The Nice Guys

My only problem with this film was Renner's character
>I'm a moody tracker who's an expert shot and basically flawless in every aspect but my daughter was killed so I'm also really sensitive

TOP KINO 00000001 NUTHIN CLOSE IMHO

I saw the thumbnail real fast and it looked like this to me

Cool thanks

>algerian hair genetics
JUST

Kek

I went with a couple friends who aren't that into movies and they thought it was awesome. I really liked the original and I had seen it prior to watching the 2017 version, and even though it wasn't radically different in any way I still thought it was well executed

KEK

>Damn, guess I truly had a good time.

I had to shut it off like a minute after that.

i thought it could of been better

I got a John Carpenter Vibe
With the whole Written, directed, acted and music by the Safdie brother
And the whole low budget
Synth score thing,
Really dug this movie.

What the fucks your problem, faggot?

Blade Runner 2049
Good Time

And I guess Twin Peaks, The Young Pope and Mindhunter.

like six, same day as vod :/

is it degenerate?

Degenerate af

Just saw this and have to agree completely. It was so fucking cliche, and obviously trying too hard to pander for the academy awards.

The story was pointless. So two peplegot killed in a domestic incident. How is that worth of a film?

Also stronk female parts were stupid

amen to that brother. damn great movie

>could of

what?

le loud, overbearing soundtrack face

Yeah saw this film thanks to tv's recommendation, and it was oscar bait shit.

I thought renner was hammy, alot of the dialogue was cheesy, and ultimately the story was completely uninteresting

it had some nice cinematography in it, but ultimately this exact same story has been told sooooo many times before.

i just bought the vinyl so you can stick you're opinion where the sun don't shine buddy,!

I don't get the ending.

the brother got caught and confessed to take all the blame himself so the brother could walk and get the help he needed

:(
but also :)

His brother doesn't seem happy being there though.

I like it less than HoHW and Sicario but still a very solid movie

The soundtrack was rather obnoxious, be honest

I watched this while nodding out on oxy yesterday and it was great. The part where the black captain guy gets drugged with too much LSD made me nervous as fuck.

that's because he has mental problems
he needs help

His brother is retarded. that is his face.

but obviously he was reluctant as has become very guarded, but then when he started identifying with some of the things the facilitator said like '"cross if you have ever had a disagree with a family member" you could see he was warming up to it, and that he was on the right track

I think the fact he's participating as much as he is in the room-crossing exercise shows he's aight

He was a guard not captain.

he was referring to that actor's debut role in captain Phillips or whatever it was called, where he got an oscar or something

Yeah I cringed up my in my seat the first time I saw that scene.
The second time I went to see Good Time in a theater, I looked around at everyone's faces after that scene, and everyone had such a queasy, disturbed expression on their face.
The Safdies really know how to create an emotional roller-coaster

He needed to not be treated like a retard.

I'm guessing that much acid would permanently fuck you up, right?

That would be like 100s of tabs right

>brother treats him like not a retard
>he acts like a retard and gets arrested due to being a dumbfuck
>his retardation then lands him in the hospital because his autism can't read a fucking room
how do you figure?

the lsd itself would wear off but you'd end up with ptsd and psychosis and an extremely warped perception of literally everything, probably severe depersonalisation too

when people boast about how safe it is they just mean in terms of it won't kill you or cause your organs to shut down

nah, acid can't permanently fuck you up

My kino list:
>The Beguiled
>Faces/Places
>Zama
>Let the Sunshine In

Only now realizing they're all directed by women. Wew.

Can't it throw you into a psychosis and/or alter your brain chemistry forever? It can also literally create holes in your brain. I'm like 99% sure acid can permanently fuck you up, my dude.

Shut up and go back to the cuckshed numale, there are adult movies to watch. You know, directed by men for men? All right? I'm just trying to bully you like a big brother so you can live straight and fly right. Have a good one, ok?

alterations to brain chemistry can only ever be temporary.

yes it can.
it is literally fucking with your brain, anything can go wrong potentially, even on the smallest doses

Haha, thanks big bro. Watching the volleyball scene from Top Gun to get back into the manly feel! Thanks again!

pic and Rester vertical

Malik is washed up

Anything A24 touches seems to pretty damn good, looking forward to the the disaster artist next.

>2017

Is that from a Fine Bros biopic?

a tour de force

it's from 2017

You can't OD on acid but it will permanently fuck your mind if you do too much. I'm uhhhh... Not speaking from experience or anything.

I can't find a decent torrent for this. Fuck you France.

Your brain is an electrochemical computer. The way your brain functions (how you perceive) at any given moment is a result of the path of least resistance. Just about everything you'll ingest alters this in subtle ways. Psychotropics alter it dramatically. The cause of "permanent" "damage" from psychotropics is neuroplasticity. As your brain at any given time is restructuring itself to more efficiently perform whatever functions are most often perform. To suffer "permanent" "damage" you'd need to trip for so long that neuroplasticity creates connections and pathways based upon paths of least resistance that won't be present without the psychotropic. Both "permanent" and "damage" being in quotes because anything that results from neurplasticity be undone by the same process and to call it damage would imply that learning and the formation of memory is brain damage.

Zama is fucking great retard

I really hope 20 years from now this is considered a classic.
Loved every second of it.

I feel bad for James Caan