Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/33122-dc-comics-may-2017-solicitations-preview.html
dc.wikia.com/wiki/T.H.U.N.D.E.R._Agents_Vol_3
dc.wikia.com/wiki/T.H.U.N.D.E.R._Agents_Vol_4
youtube.com/watch?v=-fGs1QcUWsg
youtube.com/watch?v=ct9fs3ULVIo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also it's opera night, we bel canto now

this means bets will be taken on the tenor, who has a written note that can only be described as 'ungodly'

Hello OP.

DC added more Jones issues.

HI user

Is this how you make your money, OP? Underground opera betting circles?

Boring Cold Friday and that it. You

a few advance solicits newsarama.com/33122-dc-comics-may-2017-solicitations-preview.html

I can only imagine how dull that Wondy annual will be

>this cover
You were not kidding about the Kot/Casey parallels.

if only

got some gardening done, fucking finally

Once I realized it, it explained a lot of my knee-jerk reactions to both of them, lol

Hello, Storyteller.

Do you think it's at all possible to fight effectively in a pencil skirt? Asking because costume design can be a bit of a bastard at times.

>got some gardening done, fucking finally
Cool

Evely's art is really gorgeous, but I actually found the last issue bad from the perspective of like "this is what you have to set-up and do in this issue and you had all this possible time for it already?"

Turns out that Tom Scioli's new project is a webcomic, looks like he's still working on Super Powers too

WONDER WOMAN #23
Written by GREG RUCKA • Art and cover by LIAM SHARP • Variant cover by JENNY FRISON
“The Truth” part five! The conclusion to Diana’s search for the truth takes her on a journey into darkness. But the price of understanding may be one sacrifice too many for Wonder Woman…
On sale MAY 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1
Written by GREG RUCKA and others—Art by NICOLA SCOTT, LIAM SHARP and others—Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
The world of the Amazing Amazon expands in a collection of short stories that take Wonder Woman around the globe! In the days after “Year One,” Diana comes face-to-face with Superman and Batman for the first time, as illustrated by “Year One” artist Nicola Scott…and years later, Liam Sharp brings you the story of how their friendship has evolved!
On sale MAY 31 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

newsarama.com/33122-dc-comics-may-2017-solicitations-preview.html

Few Solicitations

very hard, those things are fuckers

Kot is younger and therefore marginally more forgivable, right?

Speaking of opera, who else is looking forward to Nier: Automata?

At least they are adding that digital code to make up for the $2 price increase

>Hal and Barry
thank you DC

Sick. Terminator thumbs up.gif

so I see Nick Spencer is being his congenial self again about DC, lol

Annuals are always 4.99

>THE WILD STORM #4
Written by WARREN ELLIS • Art and cover by JON DAVIS-HUNT • Variant cover by JASON HOWARD—Variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
There’s a covert action team out in the wild, and I.O. has proof of it for the first time. This changes everything. The woman who tipped the first domino in this cascade of secrets and lies is on the run. And the other great power of the hidden world is on the scene. Henry Bendix is noticing things from on high, and that doesn’t bode well for I.O., Angela Spica or the planet. The storm is building.

I realised a few weeks ago this is actually going to be a Good Year for Games for me. Have to pick up Nioh, For Honor, Nier:Automata and Valkyria in the next few months.

>looking forward to Nier: Automata?

Too much vidya coming out soon. I still need to finish FFXV

Finally The Flash into his most incredible mission yet: a siege on the 25th century stronghold of Eobard Thawne!

DC has done literally nothing for this

I keep forgetting it even exists and I think the first issue is out this month?

That latest meltdown even got some recognition on reddit

Tough call. Casey is all "jaded elder who likes to sneer at kids these days", Kot is all "I am going to change the world with my woke comics", they both have their heads up their asses

it's had four-page promos in the backs of books

Every issue for the past two weeks has had WildStorm art and an interview in the back

Yeah, I figured. Elastic straps on the sides, perhaps.

Even Simone was rolling her eyes at him

Simone and Zirch both smacked him for it

Go for a cheongsam instead IMO.

Not if she's a physical fighter.
Maybe if she's a psychic, who moves through levitation?

Everyone rolls their eyes at him. He's a fucking tit.

I did appreciate this one, you know? He's SO close to seeing it.

so Secret Empire is how many fucking issues?

and yet I do think it'll probably be better than the past few Marvel Events, you know?

Even the Outhousers made fun of Spencer's twitter. They call him a full time political commentator who writes comics on the side

#0-9

And half way through they'll say there's just soooooo much in #9 that they'll split it into 2 issues

For years he says. Didn't he only have a few one shots, and a short run on THUNDER AGENTS?

I was vaguely interested but Spencer is giving me event fatigue before we've even started.

God, if each issue is $4.99, there's no way in hell I'll be buying it

Good thing he's at a company with a spotless record like Marvel

>he goes on a tirade right before it's announced he's writing marvel's next big event

I bet he thinks he's hot shit and that DC should regret not giving him every book he wanted lol

huh the title page goes here?

the thing I saw someone post that made me think was: their thing was all "I thought this would be short and it's a super slow burn and I just want to see how Steve gets fixed", and I find the interest totally opposite

I read a few scattered issues of the Sam book and can't find myself GAF, but Steve being evil is unpredictable

and you know I'm there for Helmut

It's like Revengeance if you replaced Raiden with a cute robot girl. Please let this be good.

Hm. I guess I could just have her switch outfits. There's a tech thing in the setting that gives you a personal pocket dimension. When in doubt about character design, cheat!

Two Relaunch

dc.wikia.com/wiki/T.H.U.N.D.E.R._Agents_Vol_3
10 issues

dc.wikia.com/wiki/T.H.U.N.D.E.R._Agents_Vol_4 and 6 issues

The Stemo fanfiction is always a highlight. Dat boarding school AU.

It's sort of hilarious that Nick Spencer has pissed off everyone on every side with his Cap books. The Captain Falcon one is pretty meandering - I like some of the beats, wish it tapped different characters, think it'd probably benefit from a different writer (if just for the separation).

I don't not believe him that Editorial was mean to him, but 1) that's known to happen in comics 2) overcompensation is such a thing

A Marvel back to basics retrenchment would clearly hit him personally where it counts, and what he's staked his position on.

Agree, it's fucking funny to see all the different angles of mad

how many issues did this one go?

Of course I'm looking forward to a Platinum game.

Quick! Which hot comics property do Platinum most need to make a game for?

>A Marvel back to basics retrenchment would clearly hit him personally where it counts, and what he's staked his position on
I almost want it to happen just to see how he defends it

I do at least like how Spencer builds without overwriting.

Speaking of which how about that New Super-Man?

>Quick! Which hot comics property do Platinum most need to make a game for?
Flash youtube.com/watch?v=-fGs1QcUWsg

Oh absolutely. "When Marvel does this, it's the best thing! Great decision!"

hnnng

Iron Fist.

Iron Fist, maybe?

He's more bitter that his Supergirl run was being shortened because DC was deciding to do Flashpoint and the New 52 relaunch. That caused him to walk off and claim he was mistreated. He wasn't singled out in that situation since it was line-wide and he makes himself out to be far too much of a victim.

And frankly, his Marvel work has been mostly subpar. Without hyperbole, his Ultimate X-Men was one of the worst books I ever read. He doesn't get nearly enough shit for it.

when does the latest Marvel Netflix Dour Hallway Punchup come out?

>"When Marvel does this, it's the best thing! Great decision!"
Nah, I think he'll talk about how it's just for sales and it's a shame, but with wording that's the safest for his job.

No, he'll point out minute differences between Rebirth and whatever Marvel is doing and clarify that obviously Marvel handled it much better without taking such a conservative approach (i.e. Kamala will still be around so they aren't JUST pandering to nostalgia!)

>Spencer ends up as white house press secretary in freak twist of fate

St. Patty's Day

cropanons, are you here

>pink hummer
It's weird how tough chicks are usually written devoid of typical feminine traits.

I'd say I like C.C already, but me liking a bad girl is like saying the sky is blue.

youtube.com/watch?v=ct9fs3ULVIo

hopefully, I want him to do more big 2

March 17th

Nah, he'll try into spin it in marvel's favor
Like point out little bitty differences and say that's why marvel is better

this is such a Joe Casey page, I'm busting up

(he has a very obvious kink for Secret Service type dudes)

It's an odd trophy, but Wildstorm's juvenile computer geniuses are probably the worst in comics.

nothing has come close to Tom Taylor's Jimmy Olsen

god I hated that little shitbag, and Wilson made him WORSE

People keep mentioning that comparison, I'm gonna have to drag out my PS2, aren't I?

You haven't played it? It's pretty damned good, but pretty hard too. It's one of those games that rewards skill because if you're good at it, you're going to have a blast.

are those douchebag shades, y/n

That was one of the best single issues i've read this year

I'm really impressed by how it started out as on the face of just a well executed conventional superteen book and quickly ramped up to really develop as a concept but also in what it was pulling from elsewhere. NSM, Deathstroke and Shade are my must-haves from DC right now.

Those are too dorky to be douchebag shades.

That was the greatest final page I have ever seen.

we've ALL been here

It's a Joe Casey book. All shades are douchebag shades.

Oh yeah, speaking of Shade, I finally got around to reading a bit of Milligan's run, and man does it contain a boatload of information that completely explains Loma's situation. After JSA is done, I might post a picture or two

I'm a sucker for a book that manages to do a compelling narrative and more high-concept work all together.

I haven't played even half of the games I own, mostly because I'm the kind of nutter who doesn't move on until I 100% a game (or as close to it as I get before smashing something).
The fact that I also like RPGs means it takes a while for me to finish a game.

...seriously

Yeah. I'm interested in how much of the stuff in Milligan's book is going to get pulled into this one. I'm a big fan of the original Shade book. Apart from anything else the characters are just so enjoyable to watch bounce off each other.

I've been sick and haven't read any comics but anyway hey thread

CC Rendoza and Mister Wax the best.