Now that it's all said and done, who had the best trilogy?

Now that it's all said and done, who had the best trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PcpXmZnJCcM
youtube.com/watch?v=peyso7TBCyw
youtube.com/watch?v=Nx2mhPEr7kA
youtube.com/watch?v=uZes7cKVktk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

X-men

Lord of the rings

Cap. Not even close. Solid movies all the way through. 1 & 3 nothing special but Winter soldier is up there for best capeshit film. Ironman had a strong start but got weaker. Thor 1 & 2 took themselves too seriously and put out a strong finish that was fun but not great.

Cap

>The Last Stand
>Good

>Civil War
>Captain America movie

Why did they do this again?

I meant First Class, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse you sperg. you can add Logan to that trilogy and it's better than any pleb shit Marvel-Disney shit out

Iron Man is the only one with more than one good movie in it

Because it is.

I thought you were talking about the original trilogy because the original and 2 are fantastic but 3 simply shits the bed

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Gonna have to give it to Iron Man. The other two have higher highs, but they also have lower lows. It's also the only trilogy of the three that doesn't require at least 3 additional movies in order to make sense of everything, and even the Avengers is kinda optional for viewing Iron Man 3 so long as you at least know what happens in it. 20 years from now, the only time people will view Civil War or Thor 2 will be in giant MCU marathons where they watch every movie back to back and get the full experience. But in 20 years, people will still pop in the Iron Man trilogy (and maybe Avengers and Homecoming if they want some additional context and closure) when they have a day to kill, just like people do now with the Star Wars or LotR trilogies

Agreed. But I don't like the First Avenger. It was so fast.

Iron Man. Although, Captain and Thor both finished strong.

Screencapped.

>those fucking digits

First Class is good. DOFP is meh; its slow paced in certain parts, it doesn't add up, it has a wonderful ending, but it's climax is lackluster.

Apocalypse is the worst X men movie ever. Everyone loves to shit on The Last Stand and it's definitely a subpar movie, but the acting is good, and it carries so much of the good from the first 2 movies over. The CGI and action is good, and great for the time.

How bad are the Disney niggers going to fuck up Infinity Gauntlet/War? Oh boy...

Not as bad as WB is fucking Justice League.

"Civil War" spoonfeeds you everything you need to know.

both are going to be great

because they wanted RDJ in it, but he wouldn't do it unless it was a substantial part, so they decided to just bite the bullet and have it be civil war

Probably the only comic book movie/s worth watching is the dark knight trilogy. At least the only ones that have ever approached kino. Some of the older xmen/toby spiderman is good popcorn. Watchmen is a pretentious joke.

Only the first iron man movie is good

League of superheroes movies with multiple superheros are trash

Wait so they wanted to have RDJ in a Cap movie but the only way they could do it was by blowing their load with a Civil War story?

what the fug

>quads.gif
>it's quints

I got no better bateman, thats my limit.

"Iron Man 2" is really underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=PcpXmZnJCcM

youtube.com/watch?v=peyso7TBCyw

youtube.com/watch?v=Nx2mhPEr7kA

youtube.com/watch?v=uZes7cKVktk

Cap, ironman 1 is really good and ragnarok is pretty solid, but cap has the most consistently good ones at the end.

These ones

I love this one the most. I wish they didn't disappear Hammer.

The first avenger was my favorite, it really cut to the core of the point of Captain America. Nice fucking get, though!

That Asian guy hidden in there.

dead accurate

wow nice

Iron Man is the only good movie in the entirety of the MCU.

Is Spiderman: Homecoming MCU? It's pretty good. Guardians 1 was aight

>Iron Man
Iron Man 3 was complete garbage
>Captain America
First movie is horrible
>Thor
First Thor was good, second Thor was less good, haven't watched Ragnarok yet.
They're probably all the same.

>Apocalypse was good

let's be real Civil War was an avengers movie, or at least 50% iron man
anyway the best trilogy was iron man's
winter soldier is the best one but civil war totally ruined it
all 3 thor movies are hot garbage

Iron-Man had two good movies, one great one good, and a mediocre one.

Captain America had an good movie, an exceptionally good movie, and an okey one.

Thor had one mediocre, one so low on the scale it is painful to think of a score, and an okey one with some great moments on it.

Iron-Man started good and got worse. Cap started good, got better and got worse. Thor started bad, got worse, and then got okey.

Winner for me would be Iron-Man out of consistency, but I could clearly see why people would go for Cap.

iron man: good
iron man 2: bad
iron man 3: trash
captain america: good
winter soldier: great
civil war: trash
thor: trash
thor 2: bad
ragnarok: trash

Nope. Only IM 1 is good.

>all 3 thor movies are hot garbage
spot the pleb

Iron Man 1 and 3 are good, 2 was meh. Only the first captain America was good. Don't remember the first 2 thors and haven't seen the new one

Iron Man. 1 and 3 are good, with 2 being weak but a few fun moments and performances. Captain America had a good first half, bad second half origin film, a good sequel, and a mediocre conclusion with the third film. Thor had a bad first and second movie. I haven't seen Ragnarock, but it can't redeem the first two films enough to make it better than the other trilogies.

cap

>watchmen is a pretentious joke
>Nolan “batman” films weren’t

They were boring as shit and barely even felt like batman movies because of
>muh gritty realism

Iron Man? 1st was perfect. 2nd was OK, 3rd didn't really work for me though. But Tony is such a likable character.

I hated Cap 1, cool setting horrible execution. Cap 2 is probably one of the best MCU movies. Cap 3... I just didn't really buy anyone's motivations.

Thor, first one was OK, second one could not be anymore generic/forgettable. Third one looks cool, haven't seen it yet.

OP, none of them. Here's the best comic book trilogy, or trilogy PERIOD, since Star Trek 2/3/4!!!FACT!!!

Cap
Iron man 2 and 3 felt unnecessary
Thor 1 was mediocre, 2 is the worst MCU film
Cap 1 was decent, 2 was the best MCU film and 3 was decent again.

The first 2 Thor movies are the worst standalones in the MCU but Ragnarok is by far the best
Debate me

I'm with you 100%. Iron Man 1 was good but the sequels were trash. Cap 1 was God-tier but Winter Soldier, although really good, was knocked down by the Russo's shitty cinematography and shakey cam bullshit. Civil War was fucking terrible on every level.

Thor is my fav MCU movie but THe Dark World is on par with Iron Man 2 as Marvel's worst. Ragnarok was disappointing.

But the X-Men prequel trilogy was great from start to finish. First Class was fresh and invigorating. DOFP gave us the "dark" sequel that also used time travel really well. But I LOVED Apocalypse.

So, yeah, the X-Men prequels are better than any trilogy in the MCU!!!FACT!!!

Have to wait to see if Gunn makes it 3/3!!!FACT!!!

>First Thor was good

Thor and the Dark World were objectively awful

If Gunn was doing Infinity War I'd be relieved. But after Civil War I'm convinced that the Russo's are going to trash it!!!FACT!!!

My girlfriend disagrees

Cap.

Iron Man 1 is great but way overrated by most. Iron Man 2 is just mediocre worldbuilding and suffered for it. Iron Man 3 is just plainly bad.

Thor 1 is mediocre. Thor 2 is bad. Thor 3 is good.

Cap 1 is good (but suffers in the end). Cap 2 is great. Cap 3 is good (and actually my favorite).

Assuming a scale of 3 points for great, 2 for good, 1 for mediocre, and 0 for bad, Cap wins.

>people not liking the first thor
Plebs, how do you not like some big clumsy moron going around brawling and trying to adjust. Better than rdj being an asshole

Ironman 1, Cap 2 and Thor 3 is the best trilogy.

Cap >>> Iron Man > Thor

Winter Soldier is the only great movie of the bunch. Iron Man 1 and First Avenger are pretty good too.

>utter pleb detected

Days of Future past is top tie capekino. It was a character-driven story, so of course it is coming to have a character driven climax. Brainlets like you that need to see big CGI shit-show climaxes like GotG 2 are the fucking bane of good capeshit.

The objective ranking of the X-Men films are:
>DoFP>X2=FC>X-Men>deadpool>>Apocalypse>>Last Stand
Logan fits in between X2 and DoFP, and Origins: Wolverine is the worst of all.

Iron Man is the best.
Cap is disqualified by virtue of Civil War not actually being a Cap movie. The plot doesn't even stand alongside the first two, you have to watch half a dozen unrelated MCU films for it to have any relevance.
Thor is just trash all-around.

more spiderman

I really enjoyed thor 1 - i forgive its faults as it was an origin story, but i liked the tone of it, as well as odin and (was it frigg? thors mom?), and the nerds, and the warriors three. the movie had some great elements.
Thor 2 stank hard.
Thor 3 looks like guardians again, im sure there will be laughs, but after the disapointment of renting GoTG2, im waiting to see it for free.

I agree with everything else you say

Just do a line from the top left to bottom right corners.

The blade trilogy and the last one is a crime against humanity

Apocalypse is suicide squad of Marvel.

I watched Thor 1 yesterday and I was surprised by how well it holds up
Set design is great
Anthony Hopkins and Tom Hiddleston are clearly putting in effort
Even Chris Hemsworth does a good job

I swear if it weren't for the Earth bullshit it would be the best Thor movie by a mile

>civil war
>9

Cap

>civil war any higher than 6

Thinking the exact same thing

Winter Soldier > Civil War > Ragnarok > Iron Man 1 >>>> dont care enough to rank the others

this is like the only place that hates civil war for some reason

Iron Man: 2 + 0 + 1 = 3
Captain America: 0 + 3 + 2 = 5
Thor: 1 + 0 + X = X + 1
Now I haven't seen Thor 3, but as it can get 3 points at best, the most Thor can get overall is 4. Therefore we can conclude Captain America had the best trilogy.

iron beta

I hate your ranking range. Multiply your scores by two and then take away ten and it'll be much clearer.

Lay off that fried chicken yeezy...

Alright, samefag, I agree that First Class was good, but DOFP felt like a mess with an admittedly good ending and Apocalypse was genuinely worse than Origins (which I might remind you was so bad it got cut from the canon)

holy fuck

Can we even call them trilogies considering you have to watch the rest of the movies like Avengers to get a context.Simply put they are not stand alone trilogies.

Ragnarok was fucking garbage. Worse capeshir movie by far.

Thor trilogy is like the exact opposite of typical trilogies

Thor
3 > 1 > 2

Other trilogies

2 > 1 > 3

You seriously think iron man 2 was the best one?

Batman.

Call me crazy, but wouldn't the better x-men trilogy be X1, X2, and Future Past. Feels like it'd work better than any other series of X movies. Aside from, strangely enough, the Wolverine series.

honestly , this.
even with all the problems TDKR had, like Nolan stopped caring at the end still far superior than anything Marvel could put out.
Batman Begins is also underrated, It's still one of the best capeshit out there

Iron Man, hands down. It's all about Tony crawling out of the shadow of his father and becoming his own man. Along the way he faces off against the past (Stane), the preset (Hammer, as a contemporary), and the future (Killian, as tech run wild) as he realizes what he needs to be. In the end, Tony isn't the suit, he's a self made man.

Meanwhile, Cap movies are all about the nature of being a patriot, but don't really have a larger narrative arc for him or a satisfying conclusion to his character like Iron Man 3 does for Tony.

Further, Thor is a terrible trilogy of terrible, almost-there movies.

Fingers crossed for a good Dr. Strange Trilogy.

It's capeshit custom.

On an average film scale these films are no more than 7.

Well it sends my autism-sense tingling, all the scores clustered at one end like that. Plus it resorts to fractional scores when the entire bottom end of the scale lies unused.

>Fingers crossed for a good Dr. Strange Trilogy.

Shame it's off to such a shit start

Cap. First was good, second was great and the third one was ok but a wasted opportunity. Take out the Spidershit scenes and give more scenes to Cap and you could've had a great movie. I know they only care about money, but they could've given Cap a proper end to his trilogy instead of shoving in all the other Avengers too.

Iron Man is the weakest in my opinion. First was ok but overrated, second was dogshit and 3 was forgettable. Thor had a meh first movie, an alright second movie (the only bad parts were Jane and the shitty villain, Asgard stuff was good) and a great third movie.

Winter Soldier > Ragnarok > Cap: First Avenger > Civil War > Iron Man > everything else