Is it possible to make American Cape comics popular in Japan or will jap never accept anything not made by other Japs?

Is it possible to make American Cape comics popular in Japan or will jap never accept anything not made by other Japs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L3D-MuYtFDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They already like Spider-Man and Batman, they just don't care for American comic books because they come out slowly, require outside reading, and generally don't have arcs with beginnings middles and endings.

It already is

>Everybody likes the Spider-Man.
I mean they're not wrong.

But do they actually read the comics or just know them 3rd hand like most people?

It's not gonna happen because, although not required to understand current stories, the long history is a huge part of the appeal. Translating older comics would be a huge, expensive ordeal, so for the most part Japs would only really have access to new release comics.

And since there doesn't seem to be any sort of demand for it, it would be difficult even to get started. I don't hear of many Japanese tweeting Marvel and DC asking for translations. It's just not gonna happen.

I wonder if there'd be any appeal in localizations or anime adaptations of Justice League Unlimited or Avengers EMH.

The latter, they really enjoy the movies though.

Shops there sometimes have the real popular stuff ala Watchmen and Killing joke, but they don't really get floppies.
They know of Mahvel a bit more than DC there

On one hand there's way, way more scanlated manga than there are comics in DC/Marvel's backlog. Somehow.

On the other hand, that's several different projects across decades and the English audience is far bigger than the Japanese audience.

The ones that you find who are fans seem to like Johns stuff (at least pre-Flashpoint) a lot.

Best description of Batman there is.

>always hear about how great of a comic killing joke is
>buy it on a whim
>finish it in one shat on the can
>fucking sucks
I want my 10 dollars back.

It's okay.

Not ashamed to admit I've fapped to this.

The "present" stuff is eeeh, but that's probably the best conceivable origin for the Joker.

>Spider-Man, the pussy magnet

It's overrated as fuck because that and TDKR are what started the "dark and edgy" Batman's popularity. It's really not a good story outside of historical importance.

>they come out slowly
Bullshit. There's plenty of monthly manga out there that's loved. Hell, shit like Berserk and HxH are popular despite being on hiatus all the time.

>require outside reading
Fair enough. I hate STATUS QUO CHANGING EVENTS WHERE NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME kidnapping perfectly fine storylines too in unrelated books.

>and generally don't have arcs with beginnings middles and endings
Bull-fucking-shit. If there's one thing that's common way too often in manga, it's someone clearly being given a job based purely on an initial premise and not having any clear idea how to follow it up and have a story that just meanders. And what the fuck are you talking about capes not having arcs with middles and endings. If anything, cape comics have too many clear arcs because so many writers write with trades in mind these days.

Western comics will never be more than a tiny niche in Nippon. There's just too much sheer variety in manga. Western comics stop being interesting very quickly., they never know when to let a story end for good, and its political browbeating is annoying.

>political browbeating is annoying.

This is what made me give up of US comics, atfer 9/11 the political stuff became tiresome .

>Fucking mass murdering super villains CRYING at the twin towers

Gimme a break

They like Batman and SUPAIDAMAN and that's it. They'll recognize Superman but aside from that I'm not sure they even get western comic translations.

He is a terrific athlete

There's a Spiderman sentai show years back and the special Batman Gotham Knight which was made by a couple of famous anime studios

If you think political comics started after 9/11 you clearly have read no comics before 9/11

It's true Cap is in a lot of yaoi shit in Japan but that's because MCU made him really moe.

Man, i'm someone who does read comics and I can hardly understand what happens in them. I'll be reading something and then some new creative team comes in and everything is pushed under the carpet.

That isn't an ending, and it happens way too often.

They don't get a lot of Marvel and DC comics in Japan and they're only available in certain places so they're not that accessible to people in Japan.

They also don't really sell floppies in Japan, however they do sell trades
youtube.com/watch?v=L3D-MuYtFDg

That said there's definitely a following for American comics in Japan, most of who get the comics online or pirate them and then they translate them into Japanese and share it on message board kind of like how some weeabos do for manga before Viz or some other company buys the rights.

Also it may have started as a meme but Dogwelder got so popular in Japan that Hitman got translated into Japanese and sold in Japan and when the Section 8 and Sixpack and Dogwelder comics came out some Japanese people were translating it and posted them on messageboards and 2chan for others to read.

Also they call our comics Amecomi アメコミ

I guess if Japan could easily get American comics and they weren't expensive as fuck they would be reading them more, I mean they love the shit out of Marvel stuff and DC to a lesser extent so I can see them becoming popular.

Also you have people who work in Anime that love American comics like pic related.

Didn't Grayson win some award in Japan?

it's like you've never even heard of pixiv

wat

can you read?

American cape comics aren't even popular in America itself.

There's more than one?

They even got the One Punch guy to do some bonus promo art.

YATTA!

Bubastis is a cute animal, but not in that way. Ew.

Have more of this shit.

it doesnt have 3-4 cute girls being cute so no

Was about the say this.

Maybe you're just retarded.

>they never know when to let a story end for good
Boruto. One Piece. Every single fucking long running Shonen to ever exist. There's just as much of a lack of variety in the manga industry you fucking weeb

>ctrl F 'Hero Academia'
>No results

Come on guys, it was the best superhero cartoon of last year, what's not great about kickass being trained by captain america, while Rule 63 Jubilee gets steadily more psychotic?

But yeah, it's pretty much a dedicated niche following.

I want to fuck the frog.

It isn't popular, but it does have a dedicated small following and most everyone knows the big leagues because the movies are so huge. So it's exactly like the rest of the world, dummy.