ISILDOO

ISILDOO

haha nice

why didnt he just tackle isildur into the flames? are elves the biggest hypocrits?

Equal to blame for when the strength of “men” failed. LITERALLY did nothing.

obligatory post

Why is fellowship (the book) so boring? I'm having trouble finishing. Can I skip to two towers?

EEEEZZZEEEEEELLLLLLDDDDDUUUUURRRRRRR

It is a bit drawn out. Bear in mind the journey they are on is taking years so it makes it feel more like a proper journey.

Skip to Rivendell.

Why did Eru intervene to destroy Numenor but did nothing to keep Sauron from conquering Middle Earth?

I'm already through rivendell. Don't get me wrong the prose is beautiful but it doesn't get me excited to read more

I skip most chapters from the first book like most of the shire and bombadil (SO fucking boring) and also some other chapters from the other books like anything with the tree guys and some boring chapters in gondor

idk why people like the books so much there's a lot of boring and useless stuff and the writing is bible dull

Eru got rid of Sauron. There's a clear change in his behavior from Numenor and what follows it.

>implying the bits where Frodo, Sam, and Pippin are journeying to Buckland on a comfy rural walking holiday which slowly turns ominous when they realise they are being stalked by black riders isn't actually the best and most atmospheric part of the entire trilogy

"comfy" is not an argument those chapters are so fking boring

tolkien has like chapters to talk about hobbits who cares?

I don't want to see battles all the time but make it interesting at least

if aragorn were the main character it'd have been much better since you don't need to explain how humans work

Jesus Christ
I can't even compose a decent counter-argument to a pleb of this level, it would just fly over its head

The experience is cumulative. Instead of impatiently wanting to have read the book, just read the book. You stupid goddamn pleb.

This. I'm re-reading Fellowship atm. I walk to the forest with my book and sit under a tree and it's the most comfy and atmospheric thing imaginable

Can a kind user please upload that picture of aragorn with the extremely distorted smile

I know I have it somewhere but it would take me hours to find. This is the beast I can do for now

KEK

i wanna protect that smile

Why is literally every fantasy book just trying to do exactly what Tolkien did, only much worse?

Was Tolkien the only fantasy author who had anything resembling an original idea?

He was a genius Oxford professor, fluent in a dozen or more languages, with a lifetime's knowledge of history and folklore. Of course he's a hard act to follow. He really was the first and the best.

what a load. All they do is walk, hide, walk...meet some people and have a nice dinner. they do this like 5 times. It's extremely tedious. Jackson was really smart to basically ignore all the shit about frodo moving. I think it's a fantastic book, but don't fucking try and tell me those like 3 chapters it takes them to walk from the shire to Bree are somehow what makes it good.

and I'm not even talking about the very beginning of the book where we get to know who frodo is and we're introduced heavily to hobbits and what they're all about, as well as his interactions with Gandalf.

it'd would be like reading Dune and instead of one dinner party and paul sitting in with his father meeting his generals, you get to read this 5 time and paul and his mom do the same thing every time.

Is it even possible to be more of a dim ADHD-ridden capeshit babby?

> and paul and his mom do the same thing every time.

Titfucks?

This, it's the best part.

Because Tolkien was a shitty storyteller. He's far better as a world creator than he is a writer.

*clip clop, clip clop*

This.
You are slowly, along with the hobbits, exposed to the greater world which is not as comfy or as lighthearted.

- Farmer Maggot & The Brandywine crossing
- Mushrooms
- Crickhollow gay bath times
- FEAR FIRE FOES AWAKE
- The old forest
- Bombadil & the Wights
- Breefolk

some of the best bits

Would you please throw the ring in the lava ISILDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRR

GABAGOOOOOOOOOOOLLL

Tolkien studied the Iliad, the Odysseus, the Ennead, Beowulf, King Arthur, and thought "why the hell do we not write things like that anymore". So he went and wrote one. He wrote a legend, put simply.