Is this movie worth seeing tonight? im only slightly into capeshits

Is this movie worth seeing tonight? im only slightly into capeshits

you turn in your Sup Forums card if you go to any capeshit whatsoever, reddit would love to have you!

Probably not then, only watch it if you are a capeshit fan or if you are in the mood for capeshit, it's more of the same.

It's light and fun, well directed action, looks cool. Top 4ish Marvel for sure.

Fun, action-packed, colorful, and surprisingly tender at points

It’s Sci-if trappings are noticeably distinct from all the super sleek clinical or faux-realistic aesthetics we’ve had for the last couple of years

Do you like quips? If so you're in for a treat.

It's a really entertaining movie regardless if you like capeshit it not.

So JL is good for me too.

I like how you faggots are redefining quips now.

Get outta here shills

I'm not a big fan of capeshit but this is probably the worst of 2017.

Cate Blanchet being hot is the best part of the movie.

Top 4 sounds good. Last marvel movie i saw was guardians of the galaxy and i thought it was good enough. Hoping it's similar. Cant take the gf to anything that is too deep or she'll get bored anyway

Its the best capeshit there is, it isnt heavy and pretentious like dc movies, its just the best that marvel could made, funny, relax and family friendly.

you should see it with your girlfriend and a lot of food bought in the theatre

yes, its more a comedy than a marvel

youre a dumb cunt

Very similar, Gunn and Waititi are the best thing Marvel has going. Two talented, creative guys that dig the source material.

Then this movie is perfect for you

It wants to be a comedy movie, but has to be a Marvel movie, so both elements clash pretty bad I think. It has absolutely fucking horrendous art design, Chinese DeviantArt WoW knock off looking shit. Incredibly ugly, very plastic. Also has forced cinematic universe shit just so you remember this is a cinematic universe, therefore reducing this movie into literally maybe three actually important scenes that only exist for other films, surrounded by padding and trend pandering.

This is genuinely the first time I've felt the factory-made, churned out feeling of a Marvel movie.

Just go in knowing it's GotG in Thor skin and you'll be fine.
Also Cate is hot and I want a girl like her now.

>The personification of death that exists only to destroy everything it touches is a female
Really makes you think.

You sound like a faggots who orders coffee and then complains that it's hot.

>supporting the greediest studio
say no to disney

I saw it because I'm a Waititi fan and I'd never seen a Marvel movie. It was kinda funny.

You sound like you can't make a counter argument.

I thought I was pretty clear. Concise too.

Agreed. I keep reading all these stupid reviews calling this a masterpiece. I'm not sayings its bad for what it is, because what it does best is pander to an audience that expects action and witty lines sprinkled throughout. What I was hoping for was a movie that took itself a little more serious considering the closeness of Infinity War.

I have a specific issue with all the raunchy language considering Marvel is OWNED by Disney, the same people who bring little girls Moana or Frozen. Joking about assholes or orgies is really disgusting for this type of film. Felt like a lot of the build-up from previous films is being pushed under the rug to make way for a more millennial audience. One that doesn't care about continuity. Characters being written off constantly, filler characters there for comic relief.

They better bring Odin back and also not fuck up what Bruce has with Black Widow.

the snake joke was worth the ticket price

Just because it's owned by Disney doesn't mean it has to be a Disney movie for kids.

Ah yes, I didn't see that one coming.

Solid movie, though I'm a big fan of Waititi. All in all it's a fun film

Wasn't that an actual story though? Like it was super funny (only part I laughed at actually), but it was literally just Chris Hemsworth telling us actual norse mythology.

Also I hate the negress Valkyrie

Why do you hate her, other than the fact that you're a racist.

It's not a Disney movie, it's a marvel movie. Disney just owns them.

Yeah, I'm a racist. so what? They also made the god literally described as "the whitest God ever" as Idris Elba.

>I thought I was pretty clear
>ad-hominem

I can see why you saw it that way, but it was more of an analogy about the film.

You do know Disney still gives the "OK" for whatever Marvel dishes out, right? That's what parent companies do.

Yes but you're making it seem like they market it to kids as a Disney movie. That is never brought up, ever, so why would anyone be upset if a pg13 movie has a few bad words and raunchy humor?

>Yeah, I'm a racist. so what?

Then you're an idiot

Im not upset about it, and I know other marvel films had some wink wink type things, but it being overtly there, I can see why some parents would not like it

Im not upset about it, and I know other marvel films had some wink wink type things, but it being overtly there, I can see why some parents would not like it

So ridiculous that this is scoring higher then 2049 on RT. But not in the least bit surprising.

Not a great movie. Enjoyed things about it. The best thor movie.

I literally got half a boner looking at kate blanchett. Black girl is kawaii.

Im tired of idria elbow.

Loved goldblum
Hulk was ok...more of a meme character now.

Is it more vulgar than the “playing hide the zucchini” line?

Cringe jokes like GOTG which i dislike...but...i still liked it

It's comedy first, then capeshit. So if you're slightly into capeshit, you'd have a good time.
Certainly not for the comic fans who care about building a character progressively throughout the story instead of shoehorned history revision.

Went into it with low expectations (all the previous Thor movies were shit).
This started off kinda slow but it got better and better. And I can honestly say it was good. The jokes (yes, it has those) were good, especially with one particular humorous guy. You'll know who it is soon enough. The action was nice and not over the top. Villain was great but could have done more.
I have only one complaint: it tried to mimic Guardians of the Galaxy in one aspect, and it shouldn't have. It was plenty of fun.

Quips are fine and so is a lighter tone but some of the writing felt out of character for most of the cast. It's a good movie but the factory-churned marvel feeling is more apparent than ever.

Watch the trailers. They do a good job of portraying what this movie is. If it looks like something you'd enjoy, go see it.

Yeah this was actually pretty good. Maybe top 5. It's nice that they decided on a consistent tone for once. It's quips but at least it's consistent

Top 5 Capeshit, 80s throwback art design and soundtrack are super cozy. Great jokes, great action, only major complaint is some scenes have their weight ruined by a joke that just isn't worth it L.

>All those sexy girls dying in the flashback scene
I have never been so hard

Visually great with a lot of action, so sure go ahead

Because (((they))) make toys for these superheroes. Parents are expecting to bring their kids to these movies. Young impressionable children.

This movie gave me fucking cancer.

Watch for the action scene.

It's lit.

Well besides Logan, this is the only other capeshit I liked this year. I thought Spiderman, GotG 2 and Wonder Woman were boring drecks.

Went in without expectations and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's very comedic though, so keep that mind if you decide to go.

It's basically a better version of gotg/2 merged with Thor. One of the better marvel films. Also good if you like Kiwi or Aussie humor

>lit
hello shill

It's pretty lazy since it's a halfassed comedy and a halfassed capeshit movie. Still, there are some pretty good action scenes and some solid funny parts. The villain is one of the best MCU villains but that's not saying much. Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are both pretty good at what they do in these movies it's just a shame they're usually given nothing to work with. Music is absolutely phoned in but that's no different than any other MCU movie. Plot itself is pretty basic but if you like to clap in the theater whenever you see HULK SMASH then it's a 10/10 must see.

They snuck in all sorts of stuff
Loki turning Thor into a frog is from the comics
I half expected loki to turn into a loki themed sif for a bit

This film was fucking terrible. It's like they've forgotten how to make cinema.

>Jokes work because they contrast and subvert expectation. You need a straightman for every bit of humour, so if you just have everyone constantly trying to oneup eachother with witty lines, no one's serious, no-one's funny and it's an autistic mess.

> Somehow and orgasm of colour but super washed out. There was practically no ise of shadow or lighting to create anyu kind of cinemetic effect.

>Every shot was just a matter of "how many are talking in the scene? 2,3,4? Cool, make them stand int he middle and talk to eachother.

>Absolutely no immersion, the sets were flimsy and shitty painted plastic. I know that's how sets are made, but normally you can at least suspend belief.

>Absolutely no consequence to any death. Odin? The trio of friends from the first film were written off in seconds. Fuck, ASGARD exploding was met with jokes.

>Jesus Christ the kiwi rock dude. Like, he should have been the the gearing up scene just before Thor heads into the arena. The hammer pulling him sort of stuff was genueinely a bit out of left field and was worth a card. His voice was so poorly mixed and and egregious that any other time he was a pain int he ass.

>The Valkyrie was probably the only character remotely interesting. Props for a half-well written black female character with sass who doesn't feel like a stereotype.

This whole fuckin dumspter fire of a movie looked and felt like a trashy doctor who sitcom made for and by autists.

I dont mind Idris Alba as the token black character. Im glad this film doesnt succomb to China and shoehorn in an obligatory chink character into main cast like GotG, Kong, and ID4-2

its great desu

I JUST WANT A CATE BLANCHETT GF! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!!??

No, GOTG 2 is better. It's not a bad movie, especially as the Kiwi humor is god tier. But GOTG2 is simply better. Maybe only SLIGHTLY better, but still, GOTG2 wasn't quite as weak.