I don't understand the hate for suicide squad

I don't understand the hate for suicide squad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y0OtkAdWoV8
youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/04/08/batman-v-superman-box-office-a-better-justice-league-might-not-lead-to-avengers-like-grosses/#1b395684cf6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Then you’re a pea brain

I remember it having a generic retro playlist, 90s tier quips, and an annoying amount of cuts during the shitty fight scenes. and it was night time for the entire movie except for one scene.

is this you OP?

Did anyone have OP's back?

>90s tier quips

I wish, 90s quips were a lot fucking better than the quipfests we have today.

Was not bad, but also wasn't that good.

it was simply a bad movie, shitty plot, mediocre action scenes

Shit tier plot - even considering it's capeshit - with awful dialogue and bland directing.

>I don't understand the hate for suicide squad
It was okay. It wasn't great but at least it wasn't no "MUH MOM'S NAME IS MARTHA TOO" or "MUH FEMINISM" or "nah, it's okay just let the tornado kill me lol"

Do you think she's flexing her abs to make herself appear skinnier in that picture? Or do you think she's totally relaxed?

The only good part about that shitty movie is when Diablo transforms into that Aztec fire avatar, and that lasted all of thirty seconds before he fucking died.

THIS IS KUH TA NA

1 Not a marvel film
2 Sup Forums is tired of capeshit

The two metahuman(?) that could stand for a while against Sup and friends are dead or banished.
It was ok, not as edgy as Deadpool or childish and muh feelings like all the disney-marvel films.

Even as a DCfag you can't defend this film. It's just bad technical-wise. Crappy editing, confusing choice of music, bad plot structure.

Why is she lifting up her shirt?

She is putting it on, not taking it off.

i do. harley and joker are amazing cinematic characters that deserve a movie of their own

instead, we got will smith at his worst

That's one damaged gentleman

claustrophobic for no reason
the plot doesn't make sense
featuring one of the worst cast of characters in history

it is quite easy for a normie to hate it just imagine Sup Forums or any people who watch something better than capeshit all his life

It's the worst edited movie of all time.

Someone hasn't seen The Dark Tower

for youtube video thumbnails

Me neither.

springbreakers is the worst edited movie of all time

I bet his mom freaked.

not for you, you fucking male

I was about to start greentexting a list... but this movie isn't even worth wasting the time over. It's just bad. Not even a fun kind of bad, it's just straight up bad.

It's genuinely awful. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the worst film I've seen in the past few years.

bullshit, we're in a quip renaissance

youtube.com/watch?v=y0OtkAdWoV8
this thread is now a joker kino thread

Why? It sucked. It took everything bad about Guardians of the Galaxy and everything bad about Deadpool and made it even worse. And to add insult to injury it followed up the masterpiece that was Batman v Superman.

Put Joker as the villain instead what we got and its Kino

Would you mind explaining what that means to a pleb? What makes it poorly edited? What is the frame of reference for that and what could they have done to do it better? Just curious.

This is Katana?

ill agree to this, it could have been a jaded harley stopping jokers plans then letting him escape at the end for insane love reasons

it also didnt use the characters at all
All that work making croc look amazing and he does practically nothing
captain boomerang is a master heist-man and they reduce him to two boomerangs and a pony.
bringing HQ would have only made sense if the joker was the villian
diablo, flagg and deadshot at least did the things they are known for
katana was wasted
slipknot was utilised well

The theatrical release of Suicide Squad was a bit of a mess. They introduce the characters at the start of the movie, which is a fine place to introduce your characters, but then a bit later, they re-introduce the same characters. Then you have Slipknot, who gets added in at the last second just so he can do nothing but get killed a little later. Then you have Killer Croc, who is awesome but doesn't really do a lot throughout the movie until the very end, when they realize he's sort of served no purpose, and so they come up with a dumb task for him to do. Keep in mind, I am talking about the theatrical release, and it's possible The Extended Cut (which I haven't seen) addresses these concerned.

Another reason people hate on Suicide Squad is that it's not really a DC film, it's more of an attempt to do a Marvel film. After Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, DC kind of set themselves up as the more intelligent, more mature, more serious alternative to Marvel's "fun" movies. Then in comes Suicide Squad, and it feels like the first Avengers in a lot of ways (government puts a team of superheroes together to stop someone close to one of the members of the team, who has summoned an army of bad guys to take over a big city). There's a lot of quips and, despite the darker imagery, it's a lot less serious. By the way, the dark imagery doesn't exactly mix well with the lighter, less serious tone of the film. The end result is you get a weird mix of them trying to do your typical capeshit while also doing something different, and it just doesn't please a lot of people. Fans of Marvel don't like it because it's not Marvel enough, and haters of Marvel don't like it because it's too Marvel.

All that said, I still liked Suicide Squad.

HOL UP

>After Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, DC kind of set themselves up as the more intelligent, more mature, more serious alternative to Marvel's "fun" movies.

Not him but it's true. MoS and BvS both approach superheroes as human beings living in a real world of actions triggering an unforeseen chain of consequences.

Both Marvel and SS are more about pushing superheroes as these static objects who interact.

She's got muh back

I agree it's a silly expectation, but it's nonetheless an expectation some DC fans had of these films after MoS and BvS, and it's an expectation DC helped create.

The Jap that cost WB 70 million at the chink box office.

She c-cut out the Chinese box office with one sword stroke just like mowing the lawn.

Fucking hell all those small touches. I learn something new every day.

>black and white are arbitrary differences
>arbitrary as in whatever they want that to mean
this image is shit, your movies are shit, all superhero movies are garbage even the Nolan kino

Arbitrary as in both men are behind their costumes of day and night the same. Bruce realizes the arbitrary difference at the end of the film.

Go see The Snowman.

You seem to think I'm making an argument that I'm not making. I'm not saying these movies are masterpieces or works of art. I'm saying some fans saw them as that, and were certainly disappointed by Suicide Squad for being more like Marvel schlock.

Unfortunately, I didn't save all the images like this of fans wanking over BvS, and there's better versions out there, but I think it illustrates my point of how some fans viewed these DC films and why they were disappointed. If you want to argue that these images are dumb, find some other user to make that argument with.

nigger

Snyder has vested education and interest in classical arts while also obviously being a man of faith. Honestly the perfect man for the genre. He's very sincere about hope and faith and death. I think some people are simply too used to superheroes being pop-corn quip entertainment and nothing more. Snyder doesn't work like that.

>Jai Courtney was the best actor in a movie

Yeah the timeline we're in is fucked.

It's bad.

Someone edit the rick and morty pasta for this please.

Grade A r/iamverysmart materials right here.

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Upvoted!

Its one of the worst pieces of shit Ive ever seen in theaters. the script is awful, most of the costumes and character designs suck, its horrible edited and has far too many scenes cut to be coherent. Theres non stop annoyingly predictable pop music and most of all Jared leto takes one of the best villains and reduces him to a wigger juggalo. Fuck this movie and fuck the DCU

>movie producers: hey, lets have the hottest girl in the moive where a mask the whole time

pleb. springbreakers is absolute kino

no, no he wasnt. also he turned himself in at the end for no reason a second after ditching everyone

>Suicide Squad for being more like Marvel schlock.
um, no. They're nothing like marvel.

a fucking refrigeration unit

Suicide Squad is a retelling of the first Avengers movie.

>how do we top Heath Ledger's Oscar winning Joker from what most people consider the best superhero movie ever?
>likes make a terrible comedy where the Joker and Batman are in the movie for less than ten minutes total and have zero dialogue with each other

If we got the original cut then movie would have been golden
youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks

nah, it would turn a D- movie into a C-. the theater version was obviously terrible but the acting was so bad I dont see how additional scenes could make it an actual decent movie

>mfw Leto was actually good
There was just so much working against him. The edgy costume, the horrible dialogue, the writing in general. He could have been one of the best Joker's.

youre retarded. worst version of the character ever

Nice tumblr meme faggot, you really showed me

they expected something other than they got.
simple
Now they complain

Thats fine. you can live in your contrarian world where this embarrassing hack gave a good performance

The ads for this movie were the biggest lie of all. All of them featured bright colors, greens, purples pinks etc. Then you watch the movie and it's all varying shades of brown and black. It had to be the most visually ugly blockbuster of last year.
The fact that it had the worst editing, just kept throwing rubbish characters in, scenes went nowhere, and there was maybe two actual characters out of a cast of 25 didn't help either.
Also that Michael Bay-esque objectification of biker slut Harley (who is infinitely inferior to the cute but crazy TAS version) was just embarrassing.
SS made Snyder look like Kubrick.

>this

>The ads for this movie were the biggest lie of all
kangaroo jack is the worst example of this

Well, maybe KJ was worse, but in the context of big budget comic book movies, I can't remember another movies whose ads lied harder than SS did.

Have you watched it?

Iron Man 3. the ads were all complete lies and the movie is just a troll

suicide squad is a shit movie that is a shell of another movie because BvS did poorly so they chopped it up and trying to GotG it

shit, thats right

Neither do I. Honestly all capeshit is the same, the only movies that stand out are first two Iron Man and maybe Man of Steel. The rest might as well be a tv show, it all seamlessly connects into a pile of mediocrity

>BvS did poorly
Did it, though? It got bad reviews but the box office was good.

>Honestly all capeshit is the same
yeah, Thor 3 and The Dark Knight are the same exact shit

it didn't meet their expectations, so yeah, it did poorly. Superman was saying as much this week.

>it didn't meet their expectations
Can you prove this is true?

DC thought a Batman/Superman movie would easily make over a billion but the horrible reviews fucked that up

Again, can you prove this is true?

I obviously meant Marvel and DC cinematic universe flicks, not literally any film with a cape in it. Batman Returns is great too

Faggot

TDK is typical "superhero has to save the city from a bad guy" capeshit. All the Nolan Batmen are.

She's about to get muh dick.

>forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/04/08/batman-v-superman-box-office-a-better-justice-league-might-not-lead-to-avengers-like-grosses/#1b395684cf6c
it was projected to make 1.2 billion

It was shit. What's there not to understand?

one of the worst movies ever

I have a friend who genuinely loved suicide squad. He also liked dark tower. And he loves resident evil movies(and 90s action b-movies), unironically. He hated arrival. Hated mad max. Stuff like that.
Often I think he's trolling me, or being contrarian just for the sake of it. But no, he's actually honest about it. His criteria for good movies is essentially "movie must have a bad guy and a good guy, plot must be easy to understand, move from point A to B, everything must be spelled out, if it's not - it's a bad movie." Is he a simpleton?

Superman explicitly stated it was a huge financial success.

sounds like a huge asshole retard. How can anyone hate mad max and love suicide squad?

that's nice, I didn't say otherwise

>EVERYTHING WAS BETTER WHEN I WAS 12

Shut the fuck up.

>forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/04/08/batman-v-superman-box-office-a-better-justice-league-might-not-lead-to-avengers-like-grosses/#1b395684cf6c
That's not from the studio. It's what one magazine thought it might make.

That very article also deflates your argument entirely:

>At $318 million, it will be Warner Bros.’ fifth-biggest domestic grosser of all time, and it’ll be in fourth place if it gets to $351m. Warner Bros. has just five films that have earned over $900m worldwide, and if it gets to $940m, it’ll be in their top-five of all time. Look, we can all stand back and say “it should’ve grossed more,” but the picture is still going to end up one of Warner Bros.’ top-grossing movies ever. We perhaps should not have expected Batman v Superman to earn anywhere near $1.5b any more than we expected Jurassic World or Furious 7 to do the same.

The "we" in that case isn't the studios, it's outsides like the people at Forbes who were speculating on what the movie would make.

Again, can you prove DC was indeed disappointed by how well the movie did?

Marvel funded troll farms diss every DC movie since the Bale batman days.