Is this film of the year?

is this film of the year?

Nice try, Yorgos, really cute.
HOWEVER

he literally copied the shining

In what way

I went to go see this in the theatre today and the projector broke. I took the bus for an hour to get to the only theatre that was playing it and I went all the way there just to sit in a dark room for 30 minutes until I took the bus for another hour home. And all I got was a voucher, not even a proper refund or a free popcorn or something. Therefore I hate this movie

I don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't seen it.

But the cinematography is literally all Kubrick. Almost a direct imitation of what he did with The Shining.

The score is quite similar too. Less of a score and more of a pressure cooking feeling that drifts in and out.

Then there are similarities between the three main male characters and Jack and Danny. Still a good film though. You won't see another film like it this year.

what country is this

Canada

How come my theaters never play movies like this and that van Gogh movie? What theater did you go to?

You gotta move to a real city to support your kino habit, user

It's a Cineplex, 19 screens I think. Even my independents aren't playing it and the smaller Cineplex nearby isn't either.

I live in a college town. Id think it would be enough :(

I cant find showing near me for even the big theaters. REEEEEEEE

Damn.

In the UK, there's a lot of screens showing it.

>Palme d'Or given to film that mocks the art world
Has Cannes finally become self-aware?

Stuff like that is always popular with that crowd, they like to feel like they're in on the joke. The Square was fucking great though, and deserved the win over the other contenders I've seen so far

>I’ll be useful sir
>*fucks up your kids*

Is it cuz the director is a yuro? Same thing happened with The Lobster.

I think more so because it was funded by Film4. He lives in London as well.

ontario sucks eh

Yeah it blows, I want to go back to BC

where in bc you from?

I don't give a fuck so I'll just say exactly, Port Moody

word, i moved to van from out east recently and there are a ton of art and alt theatres around town.

No because the face of this kid is so fucking punchable it deeply annoyed me so much the entire flick.

My concern is why did somebody who broke the printer get to decide the poster design?

how hard would you punch him?

Excellent movie. Nicole Kidman is amazing at saying Yorgos's autist dialogue and still seeming like a real human. That ending was EXCRUCIATING.

But The Lobster is a masterpiece. Start there.

i think sacred deer is better

>The Killing of a Sacred Deer
I dont know why but I love this sort of thing
what are some other movies with enigmatic titles?