What are the best space opera comics?

>No Star Wars

The b8 is subtle enough to be effective. 8/10

Warhammer 40,000

>Star Trek TOS
>god tier

>implying it isn't
>implying it wasn't fucking revolutionary

I was okay with this until I saw Blake's 7 in the same tier as Andromeda and fucking Caprica

Cmon man

I consider Farscape to be the best space opera show

It was revolutionary, but it became dated as fuck. Only delusional trekkers still watch it unironically.

Some quibbles aside I think in the grand scheme of things this is a pretty effective list. I'd only add Legend of Galactic Heroes since we're including anime desu

Dreadstar
Star slammer
Alien legion
Metabarons

It only feels dated because it was where most tropes people recognize nowadays got super popular.

It feels dated because the production values are ridiculous. Not only the "special effects", but the acting and their whole conception of future too. Most sci-fi shows age like milk anyway.

It's certainly my favorite. Ticks every single one of my boxes.

Saga

I think the OP list is just about TV Shows

How does Cowboy Bebop even fit in this list at all? "Space" has so little in the plot or any character other than Faye.

Yeah, it's really subtle. You have some things you can agree with that draw you in which makes it all the more ridiculous when something pops up that is just dumb as hell.

You include at least three anime but don't put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in it?

Giffen/DnA era Cosmic Marvel

Babylon 5 is too low. THis list is just terrible.

Cowyboy Bebop isn't space opera you idiot. Nor is Futurama. This is silliness.

>comics

Prophet
Wake

Andromeda dropped into garbage tier when Kevin Sorbo realized he didn't suck his own cock enough.

I watch Gundam for bullshit politics

Cowboy Bebop is a Space Western, just like Firefly.

None of them are "Space Opera" though

>Stargate Atlantis in Mid-Tier
>Raumpatrouille Orion in garbage tier
fucking ruse pics man

back to the question though, I'm going to list some space related comics, most of them are space operas, some of them aren't, but sometimes the borders are hard to make out:

Valerian and Laureline
Lanfeust of the Stars
The Incal/The Metabarons/The Technopriests (it all plays in the same universe)
Wake (I actually translated some of that until I found out someone else did it already, what a waste of time)
Yoko Tsuno (only 10 of 27 albums translated so far and only some of them actually are space-opera related media)
Drifter
EGOs
Faster than Light
Hadrian's Wall
some Adam Strange related stuff like Planet Heist and Rhann-Thanagar War
The Stainless Steel Rat
Empress

Also stay away from the Mass Effect comics.

Comico's adaptation of Robotech is decent.

This shit is pretty overrated. I was glad the movie had a plot and actual character arcs.

>most peoples will never know the French dub of Ulysse 31

That's called different opinions, you morons. Not everything you disagree with is bait.

Farscape also does the whole "romance" angle without beating you over the head with it, something Doctor Who can't do right no matter how hard they try

Starstruck

Nexus

nice bait

>No Legend of the Galactic Heroes

I watched the German one