Learn the difference Marvel shits. It might save your day

Learn the difference Marvel shits. It might save your day.

im waiting for the first post to think youre some dcfag

it's just what the gay nu-male audience wants

What was the first big movie to have this quipshit in it? Was it iron man?

Maybe Pirates of the Carribean.

Cheesy one liners have been a stable of adventure movies for much longer, thiugh.

Bears?

fuck man die hard is so comfy

can't wait for christmas

you mean comic book characters act like comic book characters? what an outrage

In neither comic books or cartoons do they quip as shamelessly as the MCU.

Holy shit maybe that's the secret to nobody taking you seriously... Same concept applies.

iron man being a snarky cunt kind of ruined the entire MCU. so tony stark is the snarkmaster but then everyone else is just 'tony jr' too.

>Die Hard funny
>Blockbuster shits funny

I heard from a friend that the awkward out of place humour ruined Dr Strange

Whether or not you're right, the
>"Mister Doctor."
>"It's Strange."
>"Maybe, who am I to judge."
exchange was the funniest thing I've heard in a movie in several years.

the first avengers movie

that's so unnatural lol, its something you'd say in college high to someone at a frat party

>homogenizes

hehehe you said homo

>tfw Iron Man was a fantastic film with serious parts played by a loveable asshole character with witty remarks
>then Disney bought it
>20 movies later everything is just the same old quipfest schlop

This. Each character has to have their own quips. When they throw all of them in one movie, it's never ending. Then all subsequent movies are made that way given the financial success. This, dudebro lmao capeshit is born. It infected sony marvel, and now DC too. Capeshit can literally no longer be kino.

checked

I'm not saying that it was natural or a "good" piece of dialogue, I'm just saying it was a very funny quip.

%100 This.
Before The Avengers quips were some what fitting for the characters.
After The Avengers everything turn into a joke. Quips everywhere, there is no tension in the story, no one takes things seriously, """villains""" are all clowns and not even agood one.

Jag Sbarro quipped a bunch but he slurred it so much that you couldn't understand him so it wasn't that bad at least in the black pearl and dead man's chest

Before the Avengers, Marvel was still willing to give the filmmakers some creative freedom and hired genuinely skilled people like Johnston. The Avengers proved that you don't need to do either to make shitloads of money, and that was the end.

Rewatched again recently and the first POTC was actually pretty okay. I think the second is where it all went downhill.

>out-of-place
How so? Seems like they're perfectly timed to me.

MCU quips have become a bit tiresome, but the three in the picture are actually not too bad because they're mostly in character
>Scott Lang being a goofball in the face of distress, which Paul Rudd sells perfectly
>Tony being a sarcastic piece of shit no
>Strange being an autist

>brother fighting brother for their own idea of freedom and the capturing of a war criminal
>”Orange slices! LOL! XD”

This

*DChad you mongoloid

In Iron Man, the humor is limited to Tony's interactions with people close to him or interacting with him at parties, interviews, and other social situations. We get a little well-crafted slapstick comedy with him experimenting with and perfecting his tech, but that's it. The humor is organic, contextually appropriate, and showcases his personality as a charming, if somewhat defensively glib and superficial, playboy growing a conscience and a sense of purpose. It's a legitimately great movie that only stumbles slightly in its third act, a common failing in CMBs.

It was Disney who turned it into a model, reducing the characters to empty shells by focusing on the humor at the expense of creating unique, compelling personalities for them. Their tone is too light and their characterizations too plot-driven to make any of them feel like relatable people and with that tone firmly established, their films, their characters and the challenges they go through are robbed of any weight or lasting emotional impact. They simply entertain, which is no crime in and of itself; but never aiming for more means their films fail to inspire, and yo any comics fan, that is an unforgivable sin. These charscters could have meant something to people, instead they're just clowns in fancy dress joking amidst explosions and pretty lights. They've been robbed of their souls in Disney's money machine.

I tried to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 last night and I made it about ten minutes before shutting it off.

I don't remember Marvel movies being that bad. Are they all that shit now or is that one especially bad?

In my opinion, it varies a bit, but largely yes. They don't even make a pretense of caring about their core fanbase anymore. It's all about normie appeal, selling toys, and increasingly pandering to foreign markets. Not even Western ones.

deadpool