Is this show as awesome as it looks? I want a sci-fi series to watch...

Is this show as awesome as it looks? I want a sci-fi series to watch, and since the new Star Trek and Orville are total trash, thinking about this one. I love those weird Sesame Street / Muppet looking aliens.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wuFNZJe6PSM&t=386s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I tried watching it when I was a kid and it couldn't keep my ADD attention.

They did really good makeup jobs though

I like the Orville. Oh well.

yes, it's good. do watch

It is the best Science Fantasy show ever made. Seriously, give the first 5 or so episodes a whirl. It gets crazier every season yet never goes full camp, like Lexx.

I'd put it on par with SG-1

star gate is pure garbage

Farscape is good, turns amazing when scorpius shows up.

personally to me its an 8/10, and thats due to corporate fuckery and not the quality of the show which would otherwise be a 10

its way better than SG

Babylon 5 is better
It's like a novel

Farscape is one of the best.

It's absolutely top notch.

youtube.com/watch?v=wuFNZJe6PSM&t=386s
if this dosent make you want to watch it, nothing will

Farscape is definitely top ten stuff. If you were born between 1980 and 2006, it scratches a very tangible itch. The humor of the show is definitely going to date over the next twenty years or so, but it has a definite value in that it actually addresses 9/11 as an historical event in relative real time and that, true to its guns prior, ethos is King.

Basically, imagine GotG 2 was a TV show, but imagine it wasn't beholden to a cinematic universe.

the story is weak

Was it rape?

It doesn't know what it wants to be for like the first season. It looks cheap and feels like some kid's show. Then it hits its stride.

it's good. especially after they get done with the first arc with Crais. because he fucking sucks as a villain.

>m-muh brother...

yeah, this is what i mean rather.

Scorpius did literally nothing wrong. Scallies deserve genocide.

farscape is kino

It's a great show but be warned, the first half of season 1 is very different from the rest of the show. They tried to make a family friendly adventure show for the first 15 or so episodes, but they realized it wasn't working so they abandoned it and went nuts (in a good way). If you find it boring just skip to the Chiana introduciton, that's when the show starts to find its voice.

>Crais

John "Crazy MotherFucker" Crichton is /ourguy/!

Farscape is just a gateway drug for Lexx

>I'm from the uncharted territories and I say KILL EM ALL

Best Girl coming through

This. They had to bring her back and kill her because Aeryn couldn't compete.

Nope. Its even better than it looks. The first half of season 1 is a little shakey but it just keeps getting better from there.

Loved these little guys!

I liked the episodes before Crichton and Aeryn got together more than the later ones. After their romance, he went full "MUH AERYN," and all of his other motivations went out the window.

It's fucking great.

unironically one of my fave 'sci-fi' tv shows.
it doesn't take itself seriously, but nonetheless has an awesome story arc, characters and creature designs.
scorpio is the best camp villain ever.

Tbf, B5 is one the greatest TV shows ever made, but Farscape is still great.

tried to watch it, but episode 2 or 3 was about a muppet planet and couldn't keep up with that level of campy shit

really liked the concept of a living ship otherwise, but couldn't force myself to go through the cringe

I wish there were more alien races like the Hynerians, Pilots and those Cockroach God dudes. It always irks me in sci fi when every alien race is humanoid.

did somebody say sci-fi series?

>that moment where he's eaten so much scenery that he just starts screaming for no reason

It's delightful m8. Aeryn sun will be your waifu

I started watching Red Dwarf recently but I could only get to season 3 because I'd seen almost every premise done in shows that have come out since

I finished Firefly yesterday, it got my sci-fi boner flowing and now thanks to this thread am embarking upon the journey of experiencing Farscape. Thank you, it's lovely thus far.
Also, I rarely do this but Claudia Black's character shall become my waifu it seems.

.. damn it, still gonna watch the first eps anyway.

Chiana is disgusting though, worst part of an otherwise perfect show.

pssshht just wait til you meet engineer girl

If you don't enjoy Orville I doubt you'll have the patience to enjoy Farscape

im four episodes in to farscape and im really not seeing the hype

when does it get good?

It's for numales that think they are not like "those other" numales that watch Star Trek and other shit sci-fi

Watch Stargate

What are some other alpha sci fi shows?

I've seen battlestar gallactica that was pretty chad

anything else?

Stargate is not pure garbage

It's time to stop posting for a while

so much this

Farscape is one of my favorite shows. Binge watched it last year. When Creighton realized he should just act all alpha, to intimidate aliens it gets great. Felt sad after it ended like finishing a good book. Lots of crazy fun shit and some feels

>Hating on Crais